Faqovich

Apr 29, 2019
Is it possible to make Jean and Rogue be friends? 20 days calling them both - nothing. 10 days to mall - nothing

biggiemac

Nov 20, 2019
why are people so defensive? Have you even played the other games? Any sane person would be able to see there are clearly some similarities here...the fact that people became ultra-defensive when all I did was to just lay out some facts just speaks for itself.

It is indisputable that there are similarities, period. It is also undisputable that there are controversies or discussions about this, period. Who's right and who's wrong, I don't know. I don't have the facts, so I won't speculate.

What I do know is that this is a really great game, and I would love for the developers to work out any differences so that the development of this game can continue.

• Haha
Reactions: Eland51298

Bekai7

Jul 6, 2020
One suggestion: have the 'asking for consent' dialogue when selecting any of the sex options being asked once, and after they agree once it's assumed they are comfortable with it.

Each time we re-select a bunch of options and keep asking about it, it breaks the flow - like, we've done it 5 times over the last few days, do we still need to confirm it's fine to do cunnilingus, grabbing their tits or sucking on some nips? Once they have enough trust and agree once, dispose of the dialogue for any options they're fine with.

If you rework the system to have them refuse every once in awhile I can see asking them about it as 'are you in the mood for it now?' - but they never refuse after doing it once, so get rid of that annoyance.
they said they are gonna work on it

Dazzier31

Jul 24, 2019
why are people so defensive? Have you even played the other games? Any sane person would be able to see there are clearly some similarities here...the fact that people became ultra-defensive when all I did was to just lay out some facts just speaks for itself.

It is indisputable that there are similarities, period. It is also undisputable that there are controversies or discussions about this, period. Who's right and who's wrong, I don't know. I don't have the facts, so I won't speculate.

What I do know is that this is a really great game, and I would love for the developers to work out any differences so that the development of this game can continue.
I think the issue with your comment was the word "plagiarised", it has such a negative connotation that it's hard for people to take the rest of the comment in good faith.

And I don't know where you got the idea that there were differences between the developers that were stopping the game but rest assured, they are doing fine and working on it day in and day out.

Ter2245

Jul 15, 2017
Guys help me out. Game in Crashing to the desktop every time I start it and load the save ... I started whole new game because of it and after a while it started again ... no idea what I should do. I can load the game but it crash almost instantly ... it started after sentinel attack in the story and after that I can not even stay in menu. When I open ingame menu after start of free roam game just crash every time I do anything. It did even before but not this frequently ....

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Guys help me out. Game in Crashing to the desktop every time I start it and load the save ... I started whole new game because of it and after a while it started again ... no idea what I should do. I can load the game but it crash almost instantly ... it started after sentinel attack in the story and after that I can not even stay in menu. When I open ingame menu after start of free roam game just crash every time I do anything. It did even before but not this frequently ....
Did the game create logs? Traceback.txt or log.txt? What OS and what version of the OS are you on? Does the OS's logs say anything? What version of the game are you on?
When asking for help, please try to provide as much specific information as possible as. Since we are not sitting next to you, this is like writing a letter to someone across the planet that your car is making a noise and asking them to help you. Without information, we wouldn't even know if your car is a construction dump truck or a F1 racing car.

Reactions: WakamoSato

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022

You didn't present any facts, you presented at most your thoughts and called them facts

because let's be serious

Plagiarism of art? - In which supposed place? After all, it only takes a glance to see that the artistic style is completely different
Plagiarism of game mechanics? - I'll let you in on a secret, it's pretty standard for a dating sim game
Plagiarism of the story? - Well that's just a joke, because the ONI game has no story at all

Was the game inspired by "Rogue-like: Evolution"? - Yes, and everyone knows it, hell, it says it even when you start playing "The Null Hypothesis", but to claim that something here was Plagiarism is way over the top

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I honestly don't know what conflict between developers you're talking about, because here no one has written anything like that, as far as I'm aware on DC either, so I'm curious where you got this information from

Last edited:

biggiemac

Nov 20, 2019
I think the issue with your comment was the word "plagiarised", it has such a negative connotation that it's hard for people to take the rest of the comment in good faith.

And I don't know where you got the idea that there were differences between the developers that were stopping the game but rest assured, they are doing fine and working on it day in and day out.
That's a good point. And thanks for clarifying dev is ongoing :).

The idea of plagiarism and differences didn't come from me - it's actually from historic posts on this chain. I simply concur that there are very visible similarities and it's therefore perfectly within logic for people to start having those discussions.

I do see how those previous comments on similarities/plagiarism could have come about. Like, people generally know who painted the Mona Lisa. If you see another portrait that looks very similar (at first glance)...then...what discussions would you logically and honestly expect to most likely follow? What I don't get is those narrow-minded people who get ultra-defensive when others are just pointing out unbiased factual situations - though actually I also don't care too much about opinions of those people :) They are free to their views, that's all :)

Again, like I said, I don't have the facts, so I'm not trying to flame anyone. I'm just reacting to comments here and pointing out that this is a great game and that I don't want it to be discontinued.

Reactions: Dazzier31

biggiemac

Nov 20, 2019
Development hasn't stopped. The programming slowed slightly for finals week, but the art assets still got added. No one is fighting or needing to work things out.
That's great to hear, thanks for clarifying :) My personal opinion is that there's actually a lot of very significant differences between the games. I personally like this one a lot more (think there's more to the story, music is great, and love the art). But hey, everyone to their own tastes :)

biggiemac

Nov 20, 2019
BTW - not sure if this idea has already been brought up, but maybe 1 way to increase immersion/story is to have some more 'abilities' for the MC. Some of these might hopefully not need any updates to existing mechanics. Like...X-ray/see-through, invisibility, phasing through closed doors/walls? Can think of some 'interesting' use there :) Sure, we might have to find some X-men/women for MC to 'learn' it from if we want to keep the plot of MC awakening closest allies kind of thing, but hopefully not much new mechanics.

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022
That's a good point. And thanks for clarifying dev is ongoing :).

The idea of plagiarism and differences didn't come from me - it's actually from historic posts on this chain.
Now find out what version of the game or rather concept these posts were about, you might be surprised, because they have nothing to do with how the game looks in the current version

Ps: did you know that you can edit your post?
It's better to edit than to add several posts under each other, because the mods get annoyed at that

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993
Aug 30, 2021
I tried to edit my saved game in the save editor but when I did this and put the folder back the game said ''this save was created on a different device. maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. do you fear this save's creator and everyone who couls have changed the file? Yes or no.'' What can I do to prevent this?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I tried to edit my saved game in the save editor but when I did this and put the folder back the game said ''this save was created on a different device. maliciously constructed save files can harm your computer. do you fear this save's creator and everyone who couls have changed the file? Yes or no.'' What can I do to prevent this?
I answered this just the other day here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-null-hypothesis-v0-4b-ron-chon.138294/post-13800569

oniijuan

Jun 28, 2017
Does being in a relationship with one of the girls have any impact on the main story events? Mainly the Juggernaut and sentinel ones.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
Does being in a relationship with one of the girls have any impact on the main story events? Mainly the Juggernaut and sentinel ones.
It does change some dialogue here and there, but it does not have any significant impact. We wanted to separate the romance from the main story so player's aren't forced to date someone just to get a better outcome or anything like that.

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes