ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
If they want the X-Men to stay the X-Men and not adapt any of the "and then Marvel went to shit" stuff, then they should stop just before House of M. Whedon's Astonishing should be the last thing. Cutoff point goes the same for a sequel involving the Avengers too, just move any Kate Bishops or Kamala Khans you wanna bone to earlier in time like they did Laura.
There will be a point where we get rather selective in what we adapt.

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
My boy Krakoa was incredible. People always whine "Why are they so afraid of mutants but not other people with superpowers", then whine when they actually give a reason. Not every single thing was good, but as a whole Krakoa was great
For me, Marvel comics ended in civil war, and im happy i decided to cut things off there.

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Hey there, so um, I wanted to ask some things, if we'll see any Marvel heroes from outside the X-Men corner, are they going to be portrayed as asshole-ish (since people say that is usually the case in the comics)? Other than that, I wanted to know if Xavier will eventually show his more jerk side as the game goes one.

Thanks for the attention.

I-Sin

May 27, 2017
Hello, everybody.
Is it just me that the game crashes into an error when Jean wear on the Pink Winter Coat?

RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
My boy Krakoa was incredible. People always whine "Why are they so afraid of mutants but not other people with superpowers", then whine when they actually give a reason. Not every single thing was good, but as a whole Krakoa was great
My dude, the X-Men's core message is fighting for integration and harmony between races. Krakoa, and Utopia before it, are just fucking Asteroid Ms. They're pro-segregation. They're saying "Charles' dream was a waste of time, Magneto definitively won the ideological war." That's not X-Men.

And by the way, part of integration is living among human allies. Turn Moira into a mutant and what human allies are left?

salscou

Apr 14, 2020
My dude, the X-Men's core message is fighting for integration and harmony between races. Krakoa, and Utopia before it, are just fucking Asteroid Ms. They're pro-segregation. They're saying "Charles' dream was a waste of time, Magneto definitively won the ideological war." That's not X-Men.

And by the way, part of integration is living among human allies. Turn Moira into a mutant and what human allies are left?
Exactly, and with everyone dead just being popped again, then that renders THE ENTIRETY of X-men to be completely pointless, there is no future of co-existence and understanding, this was all meaningless, Charles and the X-men were wrong, and we might aswell go live in Genosha: lame hippie commune edition and sing cumbayah together forever, great fucking work.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Turn Moira into a mutant and what human allies are left?
Oh you could be human and live on Krakoa...if you were married or a partner to a mutant and were able to get permission to live there from the Quiet Council.

Which kinda makes you think about how many mutant/human couples broke up when a mutant-only homeland was formed.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KiwamiLorenzo

SeveralGeese

Mar 8, 2022
Jean's wardrobe is such a minefield right now, I assume because a lot of her default outfits use custom colors or something.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Hey there, so um, I wanted to ask some things, if we'll see any Marvel heroes from outside the X-Men corner
MAYBE. They won't be fully romancable though.

are they going to be portrayed as asshole-ish
Not unless they're intended to be.

Other than that, I wanted to know if Xavier will eventually show his more jerk side as the game goes one.
You'll just have to keep reading to find out. ;)

Hello, everybody.
Is it just me that the game crashes into an error when Jean wear on the Pink Winter Coat?
I'll pass this onto Ron if none of the code monkeys here have gotten to it.

bismism

Sep 4, 2017
They're saying "Charles' dream was a waste of time, Magneto definitively won the ideological war."
That was very much the point, to some degree. It was the concession that the fight for the right to simply be could not be won by playing the game by an oppressor's rules, so they attempted to rewrite those rules in their own favor instead. It was essentially responding to the constant beatdowns with "fine, we'll leave; but you'll be begging us to come back once we do", and having to means to actually make that ultimatum have weight to it.

I'll concede that it definitely had flaws, but it 1) was never meant to be permanent, as is the way with such comics anyways, and 2) was an exploration of another radical solution to the core problem of the X-men. It was VERY MUCH on theme in terms of its basic premise. I do think it got lost in the weeds towards the end, but up until the fall really kicked off, it was doing well at pointing out some glaring problems within the Marvel mainline's dealing with the Mutant struggle as a whole.

ALL OF THAT SAID, I do think it would be out of place for the nature of TNH in terms of general narrative. Especially considering how it all wound up by the current arcs. One of the more meta components of Krakoa was that it was a grand second chance to explore the potentials of a lot of mutant characters that got swept aside over the years. But for what seems to be getting handled in TNH so far, the need for such things is fairly moot. It doesn't really fit the game's tone at present, but my opinion on this could also change with time (not that it matters what I think lol).

RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
but it 1) was never meant to be permanent, as is the way with such comics anyways
Except that EVERY X-Men story since fucking 2005 has taken the "Magneto was right" approach. The whole core concept of the franchise changed with M-Day from "Mutants are a human minority" to "Mutants are an endangered species" and even after No More Mutants was undone, they're STILL written like they're trying not to go extinct instead of being written like they were in the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

What the franchise was when most of us originally became fans of it is just fucking dead. Maybe the success of X-Men '97 will force a change in editorial direction to something more like the old days, but nostalgia-based trends are always temporary, you'd have to fire all the editors if you wanted permanent, lasting change in Marvel Comics. Like, should I ALSO sit around with my thumb up my ass believing "They'll fix Spider-Man any day now, there's still time to undo OMD" as well?

No, the solution here is to stop reading, which I did, and to hope that fan projects like this adapt only the good parts.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022
Okay so I had a lot of spare time and decided to predict the entire trajectory and story of Null hypothesis. Warning, this is fucking long.

I do mind you though that I have not read the thread all that much nor have any idea of what people have been discussing on the discord. I am literally just pulling this out of my ass and I am fucking sure what I'll write will be utter garbage and dogshit but I have no one else to vent to. I mean, it's not like everyone plays games like this am i right? Plus, I'm not a die hard comic fan, just read and researched all this shit in an afternoon so bare with me I apologize.

For all I know, this is common knowledge already and I am just sadly wasting my time regurgitating this info it but fuck it, ill do it anyway even if all I say is garbage but I tried.

So My first prediction is that this entire game would be a loose but modern adaptation of the Claremont era of X-men only. Specifically all the way from the Dark Phoenix saga to the Muir Island Saga. Why? First off, from the beginning of the game, we learn two things. Null's powers were awakened somehow through Professor Amahl Farouk and that he has his eyes set on Null for some reason that we don't know as of yet.

Now if you look at the comics, the Muir Island Saga's main antagonist is the Shadow King, also known as Amahl Farouk who just so happens to be the first villain we see in the game. But who is that guy exactly? Well, from what I recall, Amahl Farouk was a powerful mutant who was possessed by the Shadow King who is the embodiment of evil consciousness. Think of Amahl as a puppet and the Shadow King as the mastermind.

In the comics, Charles Xavier, was basically able to separate the physical body of Amahl Farouk from the Shadow King causing the Shadow King himself to be trapped in the astral plane. However, in Null Hypothesis, I believe this is the same case but Amahl is trying to free the Shadow King from the astral plane in order to regain their full power and the only way to do that is through Null. Probably Amahl wants to slowly corrupt then mentor Null in order for him to use his powers to nullify Xavier's powers to free the Shadow King or for the Shadow King himself to fully commandeer Null's body so he could be the one to use the nullification powers too. Either way, I think Amahl want's Null because he can use his abilities to stop Xavier from trapping the Shadow King in the astral Plane.

Going back though, the Claremont era ends with the Shadow King and started off with the Dark Phoenix Saga.... and it just so happens that the next chapter of Null Hypothesis would be beginning the the Phoenix Saga. But you're right, just because it has a similar start and end doesn't mean they're adapting that only. The middle of the story could be completely fucking different but I'd argue otherwise.

With that said, this is my second prediction. The complete storyline of this game. I'm pretty sure that the game would at least have 5 chapters in total. 3 girls per chapter which would rightfully cap at 15 girls. Anything more would be way to ambitious and honestly, I'd even say 4 is the most realistic given its the most feasible dev time wise but I'm going for 5 since I think with what I have in mind, A five act structure would work the best. Anyway, here are the Chapters along with the girls who I think might appear:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

My structuring for the girls btw is that we have at least two popular X-men and 1 relatively not so popular X-men but not obscure. In addition, at least 1 of the girls have to be older. Anyway...

Im tired, so I probably wrote dogshit but whatever, Just gonna explain why I chose these girls specifically. Besides them working for the story, we have archetypes. Rogue is the Goth girl, Laura is the Cool girl and Jean is the Preppy Girl. Given that I basically chose these characters cause they would have an interesting archetype.

I didn't bother with the last 3.

Anyway, peace out and imma jump off a cliff. Why the fuck did I write this.

Last edited:

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
TangerineTango: And here I am, not a comic reader, initially gained an interest in these two X-Men fan games because of one fateful day in 2017 where I said "Hey, that's goth Rogue from that cartoon a watched all those years ago. And this guy made a dating sim focused around her. And she can suck your- d-whaaaaaaaaat?!", and the rest is history as people seem to be amused by my bullshit. But here you are, Mr. Galaxy Brain critical thinker, gave detailed predictions of what may or may not be in store for the future of this game (give or take what has already been confirmed about Chapter 2), that I don't want to quote for fear of accidentally quoting what this team might actually do. ...or not do. ...or, something that they'll tell us that they're not going to do it for the sake of maintaining ambiguity, but do it anyway because the source material was that good.

I am both impressed and flabbergasted.

4.60 star(s) 167 Votes