The old Ignore method

da_zagat

Oct 22, 2021
Is there a way to go back to the old ignore method from before the ignore tag popup? I like that it's a possible option for those that care about such things, but I'd rather just ignore in one click like i did before. I ignore 95% of the games I see, so that's a lot of clicking. Ignoring by tag is way too broad for me except for maybe HTML, so that leaves me having to click to ignore, then scroll down (sometimes a lot) to the bottom of the tags and ignore again.

Is there an option in the preferences I missed that turns this new way of ignoring off?

Thanks

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Like I mentioned there (which relates to another issue I have with the ignore option), I'm just gonna put it my exchanges with a fellow community member here too, where I think we raised valid points on our end (which was prompted by the new ignore prompts which we both really disliked), just so that our "votes" are in as a matter of sorts.

As much as I do understand and respect what's been said by the Admin in that other thread, I just wanna state (without any expectations attached) how for long term use of the latest update feed it makes it really inconvenient and bothersome. Also as much as I understand them pushing for the use of tags exclusions/ignoring tags (which works for a lot of people I imagine, and it useful to newcomers who might not know such options exists) and that I'd love it if it was simple as ignoring tags entirely, the problem is that there's many games love or really like that I never would have seen since they include a tag I'm not into (like guro, scat, gay or futa for quick examples) without it being the whole game (and often being a very small or totally optional portion of it, that I can just quickly skip through if it's non-optional anyway.)

And the alternative of greying it out is not nearly as practical.
And even the workaround based on greying them out first and then filtering it with an ad-blocker extension out comes with it's pitfalls.

Anyways, in direct relation to what this specific thread is about, we raised a lot of good points I think in our exchanges.
I think there should be a "do not show this again" option on the prompt.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 164046.png
Screenshot 2024-05-27 164130.png

meduusa

Nov 4, 2017
Here I was a few weeks ago wishing that was an option that allowed me to ignore a threads directly from the updates page, like a long press or something... and now we get this abomination, it takes so many clicks. Just make it optional