VN - Ren'Py - Completed - The Point of No Return [v1.0a] [DS23Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2837974

I admire the way the developer creates and structures the dialogues, as well as a great decision to show resignation to the path of corruption through dream sequences! I found it very smart and insightful! something the Marquis de Sade would be proud of!

the plot develops slowly, but it is necessary to be credible! I admire the effort of the developer!
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

It is started in a nice way.
    then of course the game immediately made clear that it would be the standard homogenized tasteless repeated pattern of safe story that won't excite even an inmate with life-time sentence.

it is fine, it is part and parcel of nowadays "creativity" that of course affect adult scene as well.

I just want to say, there was more adventurous and hardcore adult stories in 1970.

Happy day, let's enjoy this "new but the same" recycled boring game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

krantos

Interesting premise, but fails to deliver on it.

I tried multiple (often diametrically opposed) responses, but ultimately most things play out the same either way.

You only get about 10 or so choices in the current build, and all they change is who gets involved in the various scenes. Usually its essentially your character (the mother) or her daughter. Many scenes also pass by without any input from you.

I get that its emulating not having much control over the situation, but it just fails to engage.

The villains don't really act any differently based on what you do. The story is basically on rails, and you just get to pick if the scene involves the Milf, the daughter, or both.

The dialog is also awful. As are a lot of the scenarios. A couple puffs of pot are not going to make a girl that just got kidnapped willingly have bare sex with her kidnapper.

The story would have worked a lot better if the villains came across as actual threats, not just horny clowns.

Finally, it (mostly) has typically awful models. They're not the worst, but they (particularly the muscled guy) are just ridiculous enough to rob what little gravity the writing may have failed to murder.
    Only exception is the daughter. I like her model, but they fail to make the most of it, so it doesn't get more points for that.

Overall bland and forgettable. The only noteworthy quality being having an interesting premise that it fails to do justice.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

strenif

A pretty solid VN with three main routes. You can basically pick who you want to be the focus of the bad guys sexual antics.
    The mom
    The daughter
    Both mom and daughter.

Why anyone would not pick both is beyond me.
    The updates are small but come fairly quick.
    Both the render quality and the writing are pretty good.
    As of 0.18 there is about two to three hours of content and lots of sexy scenes.
    Based on the events so far it looks like we'll get to see some reluctant mother daughter action down the road as well as impregnation being a possibility for the girls.

All in all a solid VN. Looking forward to more.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

jeff100

The Point of no return is a story of blackmail, hostage situation, sexual harassment, kidnapping and... you get the point. It's dark focused on actions with unwilling participants, so if that's not your thing then don't play it.

The overall story of fugitives taking shelter in Jennifer's (mom) home is a bit reliant on... I guess you can call it a suspension of disbelief, while not exactly so outrageous that you'll think there isn't any hint of reality in it, it leaves something for you to ignore if you want to continue with the narrative and this is further escalated with scenes that add more characters into the mix further on (which I won't spoil). BUT its focus on the scenes at hand, and the timing of decisions really pull you in, and only when you stop playing or think about the overall story do you really see the flaws, so it's really a non-issue.

Speaking of choices, this game so far has 3 paths:
    a) "Please don't touch my daughter, take me instead" - that's the jist of it, as the mom is the main protagonist you can try and avoid them getting their hands on your daughter, it doesn't mean she's entirely safe, but you'll get most of the action.
    b) "Fuck you, I'm not doing what you tell me." - A defiant choice, but you forget that your daughter is also in the mix, and instead they'll go for her instead.
    c) "Ying and Yang." Defiant at times, cooperative at others. This choice features scenes with the main character (mom) and the daughter.

This of course means replaying the game, but if you start a save for each path then you'll be able to continue each path with each new version.

Speaking of versions, and although it's not affecting my rating, I've had minimal problems with save compatibility and the progress has been interesting each time.

So why the 5 star rating?
    "Is the art mindblowing? The characters? The content? WHAT IS IT DAMN IT?" - You might ask.
    And I'd respond with... How dare you talk to me in that tone, do you know who I am?!?!

Just joking. But in all seriousness, there isn't one exceptional point that singlehandedly blows this game's score to 5 stars, instead you have a mix of quite great art, great characters which the interactions they portray are solid and follow a nice path (unless you're trying to make choices that don't really match your previous ones), a great focus on the nervousness of the choices each character takes, along side with the shyness or embarrassment / reluctance of it all. Doing all of this without getting overtly dark and depressing, it manages to continue to push the characters into more depraved situations with a great pace, while maintaining the mood / tone that was set by previous versions.

Is it the best game ever? No. Are there better ones? Sure. Does it do an excellent job for the story it is trying to tell? Yes.

Reviewed Version 0.18.
    PS: I got rushed into finishing this as I had to go, so I didn't really re-read it, so excuse any typos or things that don't make much sense :)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Devilsraging

WOW! where to start? this is what you call a rape fantasy corruption game done RIGHT. The story is very unique, which was refreshing. You play as the mom who's trying to protect her daughter from intruders who's invading your house. You are force into situations where you and your daughter is sexually harass and, yes, choices actually have different outcomes depending on what you do or say. There seems to be 3 paths you can take: 1. Your daughter gets harass, 2. You protect your daughter from getting harass, 3. You and your daughter gets harass. This is set up so well, with the realistic approach of being a hostage in your own home, that your choices is more impactful because it has weight. It's how choices, done right, should be, props to the creator. I like this game a lot more than I thought I would and I highly recommend to people that like corruption games or if you're into rape fetishes. Can't wait for more updates!

Art: 4/5
    Characters: 5/5
    Story: 5/5
    Progression: 5/5
    Content: 4/5
    Enjoyment: 5/5
    Total: 4.6/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

yihman1

I do rather like this game. The story is fresh, and is not a clone of anything. There are some points about it where I can understand where others have not given it a stellar review. The female protagonist model for instance is not a solid 10 with over flowing sexual market value. Well, there is a point to that as she is more of a cougar / milf now that has aged gracefully, but also gotten a little chubby. They do show her younger teen form which was a total cutie. I'd love to see the teen version of her get her own story some time. It does have a non-consensual theme to it, but at the same time it's not rushed. A slow burning rape story is not common, and an interesting change of pace. The fact that choices have consequences one way or another is good. I don't think this will be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like it as I have described it then this is a game for you.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Rannell

Another AVN where the writer chooses to make the women as stupid as possible and I'm sick of it.

Story -- Nothing worse than a story that makes you sick to your stomach. I already hate AVN's that force people against their will, but this story is doing it in worst way possible. I guess you can't have a story like this unless the women are stupid (What I mean by this is the woman says to herself that she has no choice when in fact she does) It's stupid that she would stand up for herself and just a few hours later she will allow debauchery that is exactly the opposite. 0/5

Renders -- Renders aren't bad, but not the best either. 3/5

Animations -- If there are any I couldn't bring myself to watch any of them N/A

Other -- If you like games that force people to do things against their will. Also if you like that a writer gives you no way out then this is the game for you. Most games like this would allow you a choice on what way you want to avoid. No such thing in this game. Fuck I'd rather them kill me instead of going through that shit.

Overall -- 1/5

-- Rannell
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Priappus

the most silly thing I have seen in a game I have seen in this game. three ex-prisoner men who escaped from prison kidnap two beautiful women mother and daughter, imagine the sequel .... many sex group sex and much more. no, absolutely nothing happens, not even a serious sex scene, ex-prisoners are very pure characters and they have done nothing to them . this crazy story is the story of this game. I think the developer of this game is making fun of us. he knows that we really want to see sex scenes and he makes fun of us. but we have understood him and I give him a star, if there is an option for zero star I think he deserves zero.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

I gave it a 2 for the concept and characters but execution of it is really poor in my opinion.

Game tells us fugitives, on the run, desperate not to get caught have taken a mother and daughter hostage ....... and then it devolves into nonsense.

After that it just turns into a really slow burning corruption game.

Considering the police and whatever other agencies are hunting them and her own husband is due home they have no urgency about them whatsoever.

Just taking their time, slowly trying to corrupt a couple of girls instead of, I don;t know ... fucking escaping.

At this point i'm pretty sure the only thing they are guilty of is stealing a bag of sweets from the mall and the only authority looking for them is the overweight mall cop wheezing into a brown paper bag while he tries to break into a fast stroll.

On top of that you get 2 choices really. You can eithet do what they say or sacrifice her daughter to them, choices mean relatively nothing, there is no getting out of anything but it doesn't matter because nothing is happening anyway.

Having a slow burn corruption game is fine but not when the entire plot and setting is calling for a bit of urgency. It just makes it all look ridiculous.

Edit -Dropped a star from it and brought it down to 1.

17 updates in and it's going nowhere. Considering the plot, it's been at a standstill since the start and hasn't gone anywhere since. Dev doesn't seem to know what he's doing and has the wrong plot entirely for the game he's trying to make.

Absolute waste of time.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

tajge

Excellent game, excellent graphics. I hope the storuly continues accordingly. Big fan of the daughter, Not so much of the mother, it would have been better two have two daughter to spice things up. I gues the daughter's friend will comw into play eventualy, not a fan of her.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

ohhaiguize

This game doesn't have much content yet (the story is just starting up). But from what I saw it looks like a solid NTR / cheating story is building here and I'm totally in for it! Renders are pretty nice too, cant wait to slut up the main wife and daughter!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ondrey

A very promising start. Looking forward to frequent updates. The story has a solid foundation for development. good pacing, interesting models,
    seems to be a lot of great directions where this can go.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Pogo123

Played it so far and my personal opinion is:

Pros:
    - really solid graphic
    - hot story of blackmail, domination and so on
    - fem protag
    - fem protag has freckles and hot curves/nicely shaped
    - lovely sex scene
    - decisions

Cons:
    - all guys beside husband are imo way too muscular
    - daughter has a pretty face and hips, but that hair tho... and she doesn't look really like her father or mother
    - fem protag hair are okay but could be at least a bit longer (wuld be nice)
    (-quite short would have liked to play more hehe)

this enemy A-Team should be more like this: one muscular big and dumb guy, one very thin middle age guy, and one old guy but trained guy (but not too much tho xD), (sorry for the A-team comparison lol)

would also like to see more other guys or will this game be focused around the quite hot mother (the not that fitting daughter) and the 3 thugs? quite curious. keep it up
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 609064

Playing the 0.1 release.

I can't think of any criticisms at this time. I love how it can go towards corruption of the wife and/or corruption of the daughter.

I did not encounter any bugs.

Did not encounter any animations. Animations don't matter much to me.

There was not much content, as this is more of a demo/intro/teaser.

Excellent models, interesting premise, solid dialog, and meaningful pacing for a very short demo.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

The 1★ Dude

+ good start,
    + good art,
    - just a few choices,
    - no virgin even its tagged as one
    - little to no content

Summary: For a 0.1 version it have less content that a pre alpha demo. Gameplay = +/- 2 minutes

EDIT for 0.17:
    It had a good start, but now its just another of these games where the girl think "I cannot do anything so just fuck me and my daughter."