Others - The Rescue of Mermaids [v1.1.9 Steam] [Gillenew]

1. 4.00 star(s)

qwermhv

Ok, this is... complicated. On one hand, I want to give it extra points for the art and effort, but on the other hand, the lack of focus, missing implementations, bugs, and even the comparison with its previous version work against it (current version v1.1.9).

it's a 3.5/5. In good faith is a 4.

PROS
    • The art is still beautiful
    • There is scalability
    • It's unique
    • The pregnancy mechanic is always well-received and is novel
    • The drill is the most fun thing in the world
    CONS
    • Bugs. When I went for an item on the first map after the checkpoint and simultaneously activated something with the cow card, the game crashed. When losing to the slug, I lose all my upgrades obtained in previous maps.
    • While the game is fun, the Bomberman-style section is very tedious, the enemy AI is fast, and in the case of the starfish, unpredictable.
    • I don't know what I'm collecting those crystals for (the game's 'coins')
    • There isn't much new content despite all the time that has passed.
    • The squid moves very slowly on the map
    • Unlike the previous version, everything related to the slug is free here, in the previous version, there was an intro explaining why the Bomberman minigame existed.
    • Luck supposedly affects the pregnancy minigame, but even so, failing is very frustrating, it feels like it's based on skill rather than RNG, but hitting the last row is very difficult.
    • There is no clear "Level up" indicator.
    • Shooting is kind of useless after unloking the drill
  2. 1.00 star(s)

ebulimaster

the game is nice, but it's full ob bugs, that make the game unplayable. at every level at least one time the game stop. for example in C for the queen of anemones, speaking in the shop at lv2 or just walking from one scene to another the game shut down.. i played v1.15.5 Beta in x64, btw
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Aimzz

I totally love the style and the game mechanics. The models are great and the scenes also. Its not a boring game, its just kinda hard for beginners, so u have to spent time on getting skill. This is a short review I recommend try the game for urself.