VN - Ren'Py - Completed - The Rest of Our Lives [Final] [Uncle Artie]

1. 5.00 star(s)

jufot

A little short, ends a bit abruptly, and the English issues are a tad distracting, but this is such a fun story! It has everything VNs tend to avoid like the plague: deception, manipulation and betrayal, both sexual and otherwise. The story is a bit cliché, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Iamthegoldengod

I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.......

If you recognize the quote above, you are in for a treat. This piece is too pure for this place but ironically pieces like these are exactly what this place needs.

How is this piece different?
    Almost all the AVNs have a warning saying it's meant for mature audiences while bringing to life the hormonally fueled fantasies conjured in teenage brains. Just to be clear, There is nothing wrong with that or desiring those aspects......BUT.....some pieces such as this one have the courage and the creative genius to produce realistic societal, interpersonal, intrapersonal, behavioral, and other mature issues in a fictional setting. There are plenty of takeaways for those seeking to draw parallels between our real society and the fictional piece and learn something actually useful to better their day-to-day life. This is what separates this piece from many others.

Overview and Thoughts
    • Seemingly inspired by a popular fictional piece from real life, the Dev puts their own spin on the product while preserving the tone and feeling of the original piece.
    • This piece is for mature audiences, FOR REAL. It has the characters making mistakes (heck even grave mistakes that the dev is not afraid to show visually.....like it shows both main characters hooking up with people that don't deserve such love (happens before the main characters actually fall for each other..)), owing up to their mistake, showing vulnerability, getting rejected.....and awesome growth arcs.
    Judgement:
    • A rare piece that tries to give justice to the word Adult in AVN by exploring sexual themes along with mature themes rather than solely focusing on the act of nonsensical coupulation.
    • Writing is phenomenal, music is decent, adult art is good (has 3 scenes), and oh such beautiful societal commentary....
    • The witty banters and the constant bickering nature of the two leads is perfectly preserved in this piece.
    • There isn't a lot of new art for each scene, it's just different background with slightly changing facial sprites to match the dialog.. .
    • I was genuinely teary at time...
    • Ending was everything I had hoped for. :) (it's a kinetic piece so no choices.)
    There's a higher chance for a female president to be elected in US, then the chances of this piece suddenly taking off and reaching wider masses in this site........but if you somehow stumbled across it and are currently reading these words from a stranger....I bid my adieu...not before asking you to seriously consider this masterpiece. Ciao :) (About 1-2hr readtime)

Ending had me like....
  3. 4.00 star(s)

B1gCh33sy

A fairly strong Victorian romance KN between two people totally tsundere for each other.
    Only 3 sex scenes, definitely would have liked one more but it may be saved for an epilogue.
    I disagree with the possible NTR warning but the two MC's do have other romantic interests before each other.
    A refreshing interracial romance that never calls attention to the character's races, which I prefer over fetishization.
    Liz and Derby are both cute as fuck and her sister is a thot with a heart of gold and more tits than common sense.
    Would recommend to anyone with two-to-three hours to kill.