Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
They don't update their's until it's public, and they also don't have access to the game until it's out here.
I'm already working on updating the mod based on the new JokerLeader update that went up today. Also, unless you are referring to me as part of a group of individuals, I would prefer it if you refer to me with the pronouns "he" and "his".

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
I'm already working on updating the mod based on the new JokerLeader update that went up today. Also, unless you are referring to me as part of a group of individuals, I would prefer it if you refer to me with the pronouns "he" and "his".
Kkkk

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex
Love your mod ;)
Also - your changelogs are amongst the most detailed I have seen for any game - let alone a mod!
I appreciate that. I saw many other game and mod topics' changelogs that had lots of separate spoiler tags for each update, which made it very hard to click them all, so I made sure to keep all of my changelog entries in a single spoiler tag.
Just to let everyone know, I finished a rough draft of the mod update for v0.11.03 this morning. All I needed to do to finish it was give it some checking over and a readme update. However, there is now a Build 1104. It sounds like the update was just a bug fix, but I don't have access to the build at this time, and JokerLeader hasn't updated his mod to support it just yet. Once the latest build is released to the public, I should be able to finish and release v0.11.04 of the mod not too long after that.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
They can refer to ONE person.

The singular “they” is the use of the third-person plural pronoun they with a singular meaning—i.e., to refer to one person without using “he” or “she.” The singular “they” has existed for hundreds of years, but it was long condemned as grammatically incorrect.
Build 11.04 is out anyway.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018

Build 11.04 is out anyway.
I know that they can refer to one person, I was just stating my personal preferences. And I appreciate you telling me about Build 1104, but I already knew about it.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Trying to win an argument were non is?
He said that his pronouns are He/Him, he never said anything about they/them expect that he doesn't identify that way.

He is already giving you his preferred pronouns, but the lefties find something else to bicker about, that's why your better of not even trying to accommodate them.

pitao

May 18, 2023
We live in strange days, I also do what SonsOfLiberty did all the time. When in doubt I refer to a particular person as they/them because a few people (you never sure who) will take offense if I use the wrong gender that they identify themselves as. Sign of times I guess. I also identify myself as He/Him and it was nice that along the avatar and name of user there was an option to put the gender each one identifies as, always optional ofc, on twitch (with an add-on) I have that option and it works (specially when I was a moderator there). Probably would make it easier, maybe I should make a suggestion to the site admins. Today I may remember Emelex prefers "He" or "His" but in 1 week or 1 month probably would have same doubt lol My 49 yo memory sucks hehe

Last edited:

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Is it just me or what? About every other update I have to restart. I am not sure if it is the game, the mod, both or something else.

pitao

May 18, 2023
Is it just me or what? About every other update I have to restart. I am not sure if it is the game, the mod, both or something else.
You mean restart the game from the start? Yeah at the moment without the updated mod I have that problem, didn't tried every save I got, only the most advanced ones in the game, so I will wait patiently for the update here. Doesn't bother me, plenty other games to play until it comes :)

Edit: In my case loads the save and goes directly again to the main page, doesn't start the game/story from the beginning like happens when the save can't rollback enough from the save point. Hope an updated mod will solve the problem.

Last edited:

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
You mean restart the game from the start? Yeah at the moment without the updated mod I have that problem, didn't tried every save I got, only the most advanced ones in the game, so I will wait patiently for the update here. Doesn't bother me, plenty other games to play until it comes :)

Edit: In my case loads the save and goes directly again to the main page, doesn't start the game/story from the beginning like happens when the save can't rollback enough from the save point. Hope an updated mod will solve the problem.
Yes restart the game from the beginning. I always use the up to date mod. So I am not sure if it is the game, mod or both.

pitao

May 18, 2023
Yes restart the game from the beginning. I always use the up to date mod. So I am not sure if it is the game, mod or both.
Just checked, any save from day 78 or higher goes directly to the main menu. day 77 and prior works without the mod.

So I'm not sure what can be your particular issue. Sorry that can't be more helpful.

Edit: All my saves were made with this particular mod. day 77 and prior they still work for me.

Also Emelex have a disclaimer in the OP
Disclaimer:
If you encounter a bug after playing the game with this mod installed, then odds are it's because of this mod and not because of the base game itself. So, if you are using this mod, post your bug reports here instead of the main game topic.
So probably the issue is the mod and not the game.

Last edited:

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
ever
We live in strange days, I also do what SonsOfLiberty did all the time. When in doubt I refer to a particular person as they/them because a few people (you never sure who) will take offense if I use the wrong gender that they identify themselves as. Sign of times I guess. I also identify myself as He/Him and it was nice that along the avatar and name of user there was an option to put the gender each one identifies as, always optional ofc, on twitch (with an add-on) I have that option and it works (specially when I was a moderator there). Probably would make it easier, maybe I should make a suggestion to the site admins. Today I may remember Emelex prefers "He" or "His" but in 1 week or 1 month probably would have same doubt lol My 49 yo memory sucks hehe
everyone on the internet is a dude. no exceptions without proof

Reactions: bheberling

Osk4r

Formerly 'Golaff'
Jan 9, 2019
Hi, so I´m not sure if this is because the mod currently has a different version than the game, however because of the recent talk of just some saves not working im starting to think that isn´t the case.
Whenever i start the game i get this message and after reading through this page i even tried to delete every rpy file but it didn´t help
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hi, so I´m not sure if this is because the mod currently has a different version than the game, however because of the recent talk of just some saves not working im starting to think that isn´t the case.
Whenever i start the game i get this message and after reading through this page i even tried to delete every rpy file but it didn´t help
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That one I can solve. ch20.rpy, ch20.rpyc, ch99.rpy, and ch99.rpyc were all phased out of my mod and are not currently present in JokerLeader's mod, either. If any of those four files are in your game folder, you should delete them, and that should fix your immediate problem.

As for some of the other errors people seem to have been facing, ch77-ch80.rpy had significant changes made to them between v0.11.02 and v0.11.03, so trying to use v0.11.02 of the mod on newer versions of the game will likely cause errors. I already have a work-in-progress build of The Roommate WT+ Mod for v0.11.03, but since a long-standing bug/error was corrected in v0.11.04, and togs hasn't released it to the public, and JokerLeader has not updated his mod for v0.11.04, the WIP build would not have the fix. Once togs releases v0.11.04 or a future build to the public, I should be able to release an updated version of my mod shortly thereafter. I see no point in trying to release a v0.11.03 of my mod at this time, but I am still currently working on updating it.

Osk4r

Formerly 'Golaff'
Jan 9, 2019
That one I can solve. ch20.rpy, ch20.rpyc, ch99.rpy, and ch99.rpyc were all phased out of my mod and are not currently present in JokerLeader's mod, either. If any of those four files are in your game folder, you should delete them, and that should fix your immediate problem.

As for some of the other errors people seem to have been facing, ch77-ch80.rpy had significant changes made to them between v0.11.02 and v0.11.03, so trying to use v0.11.02 of the mod on newer versions of the game will likely cause errors. I already have a work-in-progress build of The Roommate WT+ Mod for v0.11.03, but since a long-standing bug/error was corrected in v0.11.04, and togs hasn't released it to the public, and JokerLeader has not updated his mod for v0.11.04, the WIP build would not have the fix. Once togs releases v0.11.04 or a future build to the public, I should be able to release an updated version of my mod shortly thereafter. I see no point in trying to release a v0.11.03 of my mod at this time, but I am still currently working on updating it.
Thank you for ur help, i just checked and its working now

Reactions: pitao and Emelex
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes