Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.07] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

w1234@431

Jan 20, 2023
getting a kickback - but ch80 is in the folder

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 1876, in script
    return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch80.rpy', 1717562393, 1198).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    return
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.11.07
Fri Sep  6 00:51:46 2024

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
getting a kickback - but ch80 is in the folder

Code:

While running game code:
    return

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    return
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.11.07
Fri Sep  6 00:51:46 2024
In order to try to fix it, I would need a copy of a game save in which this specific error is happening.

Reactions: Feyd

popober

Jun 9, 2017
Can anyone spot a link to the 11.07 version?

NVM. Here's a link if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
Hi! I love this Walkthrough+ mod and I used it since before it was moved to this separate thread, but unfortunately I found several bugs in this version 0.11.7 that crash the game. I tried to reload some of my saved games from previous versions, with mixed success because some of them crashed while loading and others crashed a few chapters later.

Then I decided to start a new game from scratch, to be sure that there were no leftovers or strange variables from the previous versions of the game that I had played. And unfortunately that new "clean" game crashed even earlier, on day 57.

The crash happens when Lois tells the MC that a new receptionist is needed, then the MC says "Okay. Who's on your list of candidates?", then boom:

While running game code:
File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1364, in script
$ tempstr = tempstr + candidates[ loop ]
File "game/ch57.rpy", line 1364, in <module>
$ tempstr = tempstr + candidates[ loop ]
IndexError: list index out of range
I attach the corresponding saved game: 24-1-LT1.save. With a new game, I cannot go past this crash on day 57.

I had mixed success with saved games from a few months ago or from last year (all of them with the WT+ mod). For example, here is a crash near the end of Kari's sex scene in the evening of day 66. Kari says: "I'm going to come, but I don't want to you finish yet!" and then the game crashes:

While running game code:
File "game/ch67.rpy", line 144, in script
show d66-night-03-cum with flash
File "renpy/common/00placeholder.rpy", line 196, in _duplicate
rv.name = list(args.name) + list(args.args)
TypeError: 'RevertableList' object is not callable
I attach a save from just before the crash, as 8-4-LT1.save.

Some of the older saves from a year ago fail to load at all and crash immediately. For example, with a game that was saved more than a year ago with version 0.8.7 of the game, I get a crash as soon as it loads:

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1857, in script
return
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/ch62.rpy', 1685916181, 320).
Note that this game could not be loaded either with versions 0.9.x or 0.10.x of the game, so maybe you should not waste time on it. I can still load it with the old version 0.8.7, click a few times to advance the story, then save the game and reload it in a newer version of the game, so I guess that I had just saved it at the wrong time. I attach the saved game just in case, but don't worry too much about it. It is in the attachment 7-3-LT1.save.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am playing The Roommate 0.11.07 WT+ with Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266 under Linux (Ubuntu LTS or Debian, both of them experience the same crashes).

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021
After restarting a new game and playing through the old chapters, I also noticed that a few background images were missing. For example, while driving in the morning of day 8, I got this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
After waking up on day 9, the kitchen is missing ("101 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
On day 31, the same problem as on day 8 happens when driving to the office:
And on day 33 I am missing the sexy image of Kari in the kitchen ("100 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
Similar problem on day 46 ("101 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
I am not sure if these missing images are a result of a case-sensitive filesystem (which would not be detectable when playing under Windows), or if it is a general problem that could affect all users. Good luck for fixing that, and thanks in advance!

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
After restarting a new game and playing through the old chapters, I also noticed that a few background images were missing. For example, while driving in the morning of day 8, I got this:
After waking up on day 9, the kitchen is missing ("101 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
On day 31, the same problem as on day 8 happens when driving to the office:
And on day 33 I am missing the sexy image of Kari in the kitchen ("100 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
Similar problem on day 46 ("101 coffee" is written under the lust bar):
I am not sure if these missing images are a result of a case-sensitive filesystem (which would not be detectable when playing under Windows), or if it is a general problem that could affect all users. Good luck for fixing that, and thanks in advance!
If you could provide me with saves made during those specific issues, I'll try to fix them when I have time, though it will be hard to figure out without a Mac. I'll probably have to just export and change the case on those specific images and have you see if that fixes it for you.
On an unrelated note, JokerLeader recently released an v0.11.08 update to his WT mod, so I can start using it to update my WT+ mod to v0.11.08 when I have time.

Jan 18, 2021
If you could provide me with saves made during those specific issues, I'll try to fix them when I have time, though it will be hard to figure out without a Mac. I'll probably have to just export and change the case on those specific images and have you see if that fixes it for you.
On an unrelated note, JokerLeader recently released an v0.11.08 update to his WT mod, so I can start using it to update my WT+ mod to v0.11.08 when I have time.
Here are the saves for the missing images mentioned above. But these are just some minor display issues that do not prevent me from progressing in the game. I am more concerned about the crashes mentioned in my previous messages because those block the game.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Here are the saves for the missing images mentioned above. But these are just some minor display issues that do not prevent me from progressing in the game. I am more concerned about the crashes mentioned in my previous messages because those block the game.
I will try to look at them and work on the update when I can, but I've been very busy lately so it will probably take a while, just as a heads-up.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I just finished reviewing both sets of saves you sent me, and you are right, there were indeed a number of errors in my mod, and they were not Linux-specific. Many of them were my fault for improperly updating certain game scripts, but some of them are present in the base game. Nonetheless, I fixed them all, except for 7-3-LT1.save, which I couldn't, so I did a quick and dirty edit of it to get it to around the same place. I've uploaded the updated script files and the save file as attachments for you, and I added a few small edits I started making for the v0.11.08 update that probably shouldn't affect v0.10.07 compatibility. Unpack game.7z into your game folder and the save into your saves folder, overriding the preexisting files there. You may have to rollback some of the saves a little bit to see the fixes. I should really add the files into the main mod or at least link them as a hotfix, but v0.11.08 is already out, so I might as well just wait until I can update the mod in full.
Unfortunately, while I was testing your "22-2-LT1.save", I did fix the problem, but I encountered another one which I can't fix:
Exception: image "kari" does not accept attributes "blush".
If anyone knows how to fix this error, please tell me. The line in question is the same in the base game, so it should work, it just doesn't.

Last edited:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Unfortunately, while I was testing your "22-2-LT1.save", I did fix the problem, but I encountered another one which I can't fix:
Exception: image "kari" does not accept attributes "blush".
If anyone knows how to fix this error, please tell me. The line in question is the same in the base game, so it should work, it just doesn't.
It should refer to an image file.

Ex.
"Kari blushes slightly."
show kari-154-coffee boobs

Either it's not referring the correct file name, or its looking for a dummy file?

Does making a copy of Side Kari Blush.webp and copying back into the The Roommate \game\images\Side folder as, Side Kari blush.webp fix that error?

- That explains it fairly well?

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
It should refer to an image file.

Ex.
"Kari blushes slightly."
show kari-154-coffee boobs

Either it's not referring the correct file name, or its looking for a dummy file?

Does making a copy of Side Kari Blush.webp and copying back into the The Roommate \game\images\Side folder as, Side Kari blush.webp fix that error?

- That explains it fairly well?
Thank you. I will try those fix ideas out when I have time.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes