Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public & v0.11.05 WIP] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

NyVar

May 23, 2020
I've known about the update for a few days now, and I just downloaded JokerLeader's WT mod for it, but the main game isn't public on togs' Patreon yet and I haven't started working on the mod update. I will try to start on it soon.
Thank you <3

Reactions: Emelex

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
After the game release has been made public, how long does it take for this mod to get updated? I'm asking because I'm a patient person, but not too patient. If it takes more than seven days, then I will just wait until the game is completed. But if it is seven or less days, then I want to try using this mod.

Also, using Joker's mod with the game always results in my saves not working. This happened to me six or more times, so I quit playing the game altogether and haven't played it in a long time. I asked why Joker can't just make his mod fix whatever new/different variables there are in the game so that our saves will continue working from release from release, and he said that it's not on him to do that and that it's all the game dev's fault. So that makes me not want to play the game until it is completed. But then there is this WT+ mod and it does things differently, and I want to know if it does anything to keep saves working from game release to game release. I know some Ren'Py experts know how to edit their save files or other files to make their saves work. Or they will go to an earlier point in the game and continue from there using the same choices as before. But I'd rather not do that. I can't count on the game dev to not break saves. I am wondering if I can count on this mod to break save - proof. If not, then that's cool. I'll just wait till the game is completed.
This mod and Jokers mod, are not for you.
Saves will be effected - as the functions.rpy is modified greatly. (Among other files).
It is probably best to wait til the game is completed, play un-modded, or learn Python scripting basics.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
After the game release has been made public, how long does it take for this mod to get updated? I'm asking because I'm a patient person, but not too patient. If it takes more than seven days, then I will just wait until the game is completed. But if it is seven or less days, then I want to try using this mod.

Also, using Joker's mod with the game always results in my saves not working. This happened to me six or more times, so I quit playing the game altogether and haven't played it in a long time. I asked why Joker can't just make his mod fix whatever new/different variables there are in the game so that our saves will continue working from release from release, and he said that it's not on him to do that and that it's all the game dev's fault. So that makes me not want to play the game until it is completed. But then there is this WT+ mod and it does things differently, and I want to know if it does anything to keep saves working from game release to game release. I know some Ren'Py experts know how to edit their save files or other files to make their saves work. Or they will go to an earlier point in the game and continue from there using the same choices as before. But I'd rather not do that. I can't count on the game dev to not break saves. I am wondering if I can count on this mod to break save - proof. If not, then that's cool. I'll just wait till the game is completed.
This mod is probably more likely to break saves than the base game and JokerLeader's WT mod. Also, I very much can't guarantee it won't take less a week to finish the current version of the mod. And togs himself even said that the latest base version of The Roommate has a game-breaking bug that won't be fixed until the next build. So, since you asked, I would recommend you wait a little while. togs also implied he will continue working on the game for a long while and has no indication of when it will end, so if you intend to wait until then, you will be waiting a long time.

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
This mod and Jokers mod, are not for you.
Saves will be effected - as the functions.rpy is modified greatly. (Among other files).
It is probably best to wait til the game is completed, play un-modded, or learn Python scripting basics.
Don't act like this isn't a bad thing, though. I don't know why the dev keeps changing stuff, I'm not a dev, but most games don't need the scripting to be redone every update.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I have never played this game before, is this an IC game, given the name room mate? if so, is there a way to change it from room mate?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I have never played this game before, is this an IC game, given the name room mate? if so, is there a way to change it from room mate?
If you mean, is this an incest game, then no, it's not. The characters are literally roommates. There is currently no mod or setting or patch that can change that, and I don't expect that to ever change.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Emelex
How's the mod coming along - lol (kidding) :LOL:

On a serious note - how many variables were changed from 11.04 to 11.05, and can you list them somewhere, if there are any.
In the 11.05 changelog possibly?

Thanks again and Cheers

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex
How's the mod coming along - lol (kidding) :LOL:

On a serious note - how many variables were changed from 11.04 to 11.05, and can you list them somewhere, if there are any.
In the 11.05 changelog possibly?

Thanks again and Cheers
I started on editing the scripts earlier today. I have identified two new variables so far, reputation and karishaved, but there may be more. The v0.11.05 update finishes Day 80, adds Day 81, and changes several preexisting scripts and dialogs.

• Red Heart
Reactions: rnzn and Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
I started on editing the scripts earlier today. I have identified two new variables so far, reputation and karishaved, but there may be more. The v0.11.05 update finishes Day 80, adds Day 81, and changes several preexisting scripts and dialogs.
"changes several preexisting scripts"
That seems worrying - never seen a game quite like this?
Also every update - changes.

J68

Mar 4, 2018
Emelex Without any pressure at all, do you have any idea when you could finish your mod for 0-11-05

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex Without any pressure at all, do you have any idea when you could finish your mod for 0-11-05
I know I need to work on it, but I already finished doing just the part of it that let me get through to the end of the latest update's new story content days ago. The rest is comparing all of the 41 script files JokerLeader updated between v0.11.05 and his previous update. And his previous update was v0.11.03, since he only updates his mod for content updates and not bugfix updates, so at least some of the files will probably be ones I already updated for v0.11.04 that he only got around to now. I've been trying to find the motivation and, more importantly, the time to run those 41 script file comparisons and edit them accordingly, so I'm not sure when that will be. Plus, there is a bug where a check for the new notable variable causes an error with fantasizing about some of the women in the player's life while jerking off in the shower, and I don't know if the script updates will fix them. I will try to get to it when I can.

I've attached a work-in-progress archive of what I have so far; all of the script files I've edited since the last update. You can technically install my v0.11.04 WT+ mod into v0.11.05 of The Roommate and then install the WIP files into the game folder over them, and you could technically play through to the end of the latest content update like that. But I wouldn't try to save the game like that. It's just for people who are really itching to play a version of the mod update early. I can't guarantee that it works and I will provide no error support for it; only for the full update when I finish it.

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
If i understand correctly it will come after next update(?) Since there was some bugs and/or other changes
Sorry for double-posting, everyone, but I just finished adding all of the updates JokerLeader made to all 44 of the scripts he updated in v0.11.05 of his WT mod. However, togs just announced that v0.11.06 has been released to his patrons, but it contains errors that he must correct in the next build of The Roommate. Also, there were a few extra features and bugfixes I haven't had the chance to add to v0.11.05 yet. But this may be my last chance to upload a new mod update for it before most people get their hands on v0.11.06.
So, I'm releasing a tentative WIP build of my v0.11.05 WT+ Mod here as an attachment. It doesn't include the /game/images/ folder. If it did, it would have been too large to fit as an attachment here. To compensate for that, you can just reuse the /game/images/ folder from my last mod release in the front post; it's the same one used for v0.11.05.
There is at least one fatal error you may encounter with this build. It happens if you try jerking off in the shower to certain ladies at the end of Day 80 ("AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'notable'"). I'm already aware of the error and I don't know how to fix it yet. So if you encounter that error, don't post a bug report about it here unless you know how to fix it.
I'll try to have all of the features and bugfixes I was planning included in the next build.

Last edited:

Anders Niet

Dec 23, 2017
Sorry for double-posting, everyone, but I just finished adding all of the updates JokerLeader made to all 44 of the scripts he updated in v0.11.05 of his WT mod. However, togs just announced that v0.11.06 has been released to his patrons, but it contains errors that he must correct in the next build of The Roommate. Also, there were a few extra features and bugfixes I haven't had the chance to add to v0.11.05 yet. But this may be my last chance to upload a new mod update for it before most people get their hands on v0.11.06.
So, I'm releasing a tentative WIP build of my v0.11.05 WT+ Mod here as an attachment. It doesn't include the /game/images/ folder. If it did, it would have been too large to fit as an attachment here. To compensate for that, you can just reuse the /game/images/ folder from my last mod release in the front post; it's the same one used for v0.11.05.
There is at least one fatal error you may encounter with this build. It happens if you try jerking off in the shower to certain ladies at the end of Day 80 ("AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'notable'"). I'm already aware of the error and I don't know how to fix it yet. So if you encounter that error, don't post a bug report about it here unless you know how to fix it.
I'll try to have all of the features and bugfixes I was planning included in the next build.
thanks so much for your work

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes