VN - Ren'Py - The Roommate [v0.11.08] [togs]

1. T
    4.00 star(s)

Trystmagiscus

I really enjoyed this opener. It was cute, but not cuuuute. It was light but happy and, although one has the usual option at times to peek, it made a pleasant change not to have "perverting", conflict or heavy intrigue imposed from the get-go.

I do have to say though that I did find it very difficult to settle in with Kari's personality, because her exquisitely crafted, full-figured, almost mature, appearance gave no indication of the depths of her naive, almost childlike personality. I do not mean stupid, but just jarringly unworldly.

However, this by no means spoiled my enjoyment of the tale as a whole and I feel optimistic that now both characters have acknowledged the emotional connection that was obviously going to be, at some point, made, there will hopefully be significant character and relationship development in the stars for them both.

So I'm looking forward to the next segment or perhaps two, at which point I think I'll know whether or not I'm going to buy a ticket on the Patreon train.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Resch

This is an early review and based on v0.1 Preview

Overall I am liking the feel of the game. The interactions and story are fairly basic but not too basic and good. There is enough context to make it believable. The graphics are good and like the look and feel overall. It is obviously still just a preview, so cannot go in-depth yet on story, but I am looking forward to future releases.

The only complaint I have is the routine is a bit too routine, but that is something that could be due to it being so early in the story development.

Keep it up XDR! Solid start for a first VN.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Fap2766

First thoughts on this:

English was good! Overall story was ok too.

Graphics very basic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The posing of Kari was a bit weird though - like she was a doll rather than a person. Would be better if you can make a more natural pose, especially if you are going to repeat the same one over and over.

Money mechanics was interesting but not really explained. Feels like you will always have lots of it, so why bother?

Overall, I thought it was ok. Nothing revolutionary, but as this is a preview, that's perhaps expected.

Good luck!