Unreal Engine - The Running of the Wolves [Beta v2.2.1] [Methodia Rascal]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Sulphyre

Normally I'm supportive but this... it's like a constantly crashing fever dream.

This is far from "beta" as the download of the latest version claims. This isn't even an alpha. This, imo, isn't even a proof of concept, and I should know - I've made proofs of concept.

This is slapping (badly!) some objects down in UE (you can SEE through most of the terrain joints), downloading (or making? god I hope not!) some really, really bad models, and then using some prefab animations (same walk, run, crouch, jump animations as Hunt & Snare).

I couldn't even get to any content, it just crashes 1-2mins in, barely enough time to explore and just enough to sign up for the "event" and the game to crash.

At least they aren't milking this for Patreon money... yet. I'm sad I can't give any actual constructive criticism, but how can I, when it's just... bad... except the music. The music's nice I guess.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

chopolander

Some people think that setting up a patreon and releasing something that couldn't even be called a demo is going to make them rich. Another game with zero optimisation to burn your processor, ram and car if possible. Models that transfer to each other.... Ah, come on, I'm going to set up a Patreon to act as a guinea pig for all these authors who put out stuff with minimal effort.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

IHaveNoIdeea

This was released way too early.
    The majority of these UE games are usually tech demos for a while, but this is taking another step. There's barely any content (2, maybe 3 animations but I couldn't get one to trigger if it's there) and what's included is glitchy to the point where models aren't properly aligned and clip through one another.
    On top of that, it doesn't run, nor look good.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

j0xssdf3

A demo is meant to show you what the game is going to be like so you can decide whether or not you want to buy it. However, I dont think this qualifies as a demo because of how incomplete it is. Textures for the player model and AI are really low-res, the AI's detection system is busted, the AI runs at double the speed you do, the sex animation isn't even properly made for them cause they dont stick their dick in her, they didn't decide to add actual graphic options so you have to set all the settings to low (all medium makes it basically unplayable, 2060 super i5-9600k), the dungeon system is more like a maze except you'll enter a room where there's 20 randomly-placed barriers with an AI that will target you from behind a wall, and a bunch more. The only good animation is when the males run into the plants. Everything else about this isn't good.

I get that it's clearly early development, but the dev could at least put more effort into making his game look nice without it using my GPU like a bitcoin miner before releasing it. Or, y'know, make the sex animations to where the AI's dick isn't piercing the female's back before it even begins? Maybe some gameplay even if its shit?

Anyways, cant recommend it in it's current state (10/2/22). The dev needs to actually add/fix things before publishing it like this. If the "demo" represents the actual game when its finished, then this is a hard pass.