RPGM Completed The Silkfang Respite [v1.06] [Godspeak]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
I'm enough into Spanking that I'm quite happy with no sexual content, but I can see how it's weird to others. Games focused on it so exclusively can be very strange, since spanking takes the place of sex in scenes without that being called into question at all.

The real problem with this game is the damn accuracy of attacks. I do not understand how devs still think it is a good idea for combat to be built around attacks with 50-80% hitrate.

Kuriichi

Dec 29, 2017
I'm enough into Spanking that I'm quite happy with no sexual content, but I can see how it's weird to others. Games focused on it so exclusively can be very strange, since spanking takes the place of sex in scenes without that being called into question at all.

The real problem with this game is the damn accuracy of attacks. I do not understand how devs still think it is a good idea for combat to be built around attacks with 50-80% hitrate.
The Hit and Crit chance in this game drives me nuts. If being crit next turn will kill you, heal, because you will miss your attack and be crit almost guaranteed. It's so irritating.

Godspeak

May 20, 2019
Dev here!

Combat feedback is really good because I rarely get that from players. I will try to explain why combat is the way it is. When I was designing, I had two basic choices for structuring it, one of which was low accuracy, high damage, low health, the other being high health, low damage, high accuracy. I sided for the one that was less of a battle of attrition because I thought it would feel better for players to one-shot an enemy rather than have to whittle them down. I understand that the combat still needs work though and it's on my todo list.

I will say that one of the main ways I tried to discourage players from going where they weren't experienced/equipped enough for yet was with monsters that were basically impossible to hit because of the disparity between your dodge chance and their accuracy. If you're butting your head against really hard monsters that seem impossible to beat, there's a chance you're actually not supposed to be there yet.

That being said, I want to make this game as good as possible, even where combat is concerned and I'm not above very large overhauls. I have taken down your feedback, but if you have any concrete suggestions for how I could make the combat feel better for you, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for playing!

peperule34

Oct 5, 2021
I love to see some spanking representation! Great game and awesome artstyle. Can't wait till it's finished.

Kaumat

Dec 3, 2018
Dev here!

Combat feedback is really good because I rarely get that from players. I will try to explain why combat is the way it is. When I was designing, I had two basic choices for structuring it, one of which was low accuracy, high damage, low health, the other being high health, low damage, high accuracy. I sided for the one that was less of a battle of attrition because I thought it would feel better for players to one-shot an enemy rather than have to whittle them down. I understand that the combat still needs work though and it's on my todo list.

I will say that one of the main ways I tried to discourage players from going where they weren't experienced/equipped enough for yet was with monsters that were basically impossible to hit because of the disparity between your dodge chance and their accuracy. If you're butting your head against really hard monsters that seem impossible to beat, there's a chance you're actually not supposed to be there yet.

That being said, I want to make this game as good as possible, even where combat is concerned and I'm not above very large overhauls. I have taken down your feedback, but if you have any concrete suggestions for how I could make the combat feel better for you, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for playing!
The Artificer seems to be broken in the Linux version of your latest public build (v1.0.6). Selecting "Craft" does nothing but instantly end the dialogue. I think this also breaks Eliza's questline, since the dialogue with her hints that I'm supposed to go get the Artificer to make the magic pen.
If I just open up index.html with a browser and play the game in a browser window, the bug doesn't happen, but the game doesn't seem to use its save folder if I launch it this way.

ulemja35

Jul 30, 2017
I can't find much help for the game. I'm completely stuck on the Vanespire. I can get to the room with the three switches for the three different bars going across the room. One of them turns on when the switch is pulled. Another doesn't because the bar is clearly broken and can be walked through. The third I can't get to the switch. I can't find anything else to do. There are no more doors. So many places are blocked by awkward blocks that I'm wondering if I missed that there's a button to pull a block instead of push one. As there's a button that's just inaccessible. It's like
Block Block Block
Space Space Space
Wall Button Wall Vanespire F3 Center.png
That's just not possible. The block can't be pushed onto the button either. Was this button broken somehow? If there was one more space it'd be possible. I don't even know if this button is what matters here, there's also the weird blue and orange blocks that switch out but don't seem to serve any purpose as far as I can tell.

Also just found pressing print screen gives you a nice full map image so there that's what I can't figure out.

BradW

Jun 28, 2018
Push the right most block down, push the left most block down, then push the middle to the side and walk down to step on the button.

Reactions: Godspeak

BradW

Jun 28, 2018
Anyone know where to get the claw fragment?
If I remember correctly, you can get that from the jikat monster when you let it go with 8 or points on the bottom line, the one that increases when you give the monster treats. Jikat can be found at night in the hotspring area to the right of town.

If it's not the jikat then it's one of the other monsters. That's all I can tell you.

Reactions: Nineonenine
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote