Mod Others The Sims 4: Mod Collection [K.Leoric]

4.80 star(s) 25 Votes

Do you want to divide the thread in 2 (CC and mod) or keep it as it is?

• divide

Votes: 537 54.8%
  • keep it as it is

Votes: 443 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Is there a reason you can't add them yourself?
Well my sims 4 is not really "official" so that would be a nope add lots directly. Hope that is not a problem for anyone here. Not like everything shared here are on the up n up ;) It does work however if places are already placed and a save is made. Im able to load the save like that.

• Haha
Reactions: iAmTheFuture

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
Well my sims 4 is not really "official" so that would be a nope add lots directly. Hope that is not a problem for anyone here. Not like everything shared here are on the up n up ;) It does work however if places are already placed and a save is made. Im able to load the save like that.
What do you mean? You can download lots and add them to your game with the pirated version. I do. The Tray files (lot and household data) are included with the mods on LoversLab and can be added to the Tray folder in your My Documents sims directory. You can also access the web gallery and download those lots with an extension. I don't have that extension link handy at the moment. Someone else can supply it.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
What do you mean? You can download lots and add them to your game with the pirated version. I do. The Tray files (lot and household data) are included with the mods on LoversLab and can be added to the Tray folder in your My Documents sims directory. You can also access the web gallery and download those lots with an extension. I don't have that extension link handy at the moment. Someone else can supply it.
Ive tried adding lots. I can add stuff to the tray folder thats cool. I can download lots from the gallery do have the extention for tapermonkey. But the game does not allow me to place anything ingame as I don't have access to the gallery ingame. If there is some way to do this some assistance would be appreciated. For example The redapple.net lot files are in my tray folder. But I cannot access them ingame. Hope this makes sense

4meSims

Jul 16, 2019
Ive tried adding lots. I can add stuff to the tray folder thats cool. I can download lots from the gallery do have the extention for tapermonkey. But the game does not allow me to place anything ingame as I don't have access to the gallery ingame. If there is some way to do this some assistance would be appreciated. For example The redapple.net lot files are in my tray folder. But I cannot access them ingame. Hope this makes sense
You have your mods turned on right?
Try going to a lot and then build mode. Open up the gallery and go to your library tab. On the left hand side, there should be a check box for custom content. Check that and if you look through your lots RedApple lot should be there. That's how I did it, but my problem is that when I go to work there is no one. No boss or coworkers. Just me. Lol.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
I infrequently get this bug too. I don't know what causes. I don't have that strip club lot, basemental, npcc, or nisa. It can happen when traveling anywhere, not just special venues.

After this bug occurs, I can't load into any sim, not just the one that initially caused it by traveling. Exiting and restarting the game sometimes works. Sometimes I need to recover a save from before I traveled.

I have all the packs. This bug isn't related to the strip club posted above, any of those mods, or restaurant pack.
Perhaps not for you but was replying to BabySharkA34 - and if you were to look at the link of the lot that Shark is using, it requires the Restaurant pack. If he doesn't have the Restaurant pack and is trying to use a lot that needs it, the game will not respond well.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
That is what im saying I can't open the gallery on my version. Got the latest codex version. No way to access the gallery ingame. Adding files to the tray does nothing.

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
That is what im saying I can't open the gallery on my version. Got the latest codex version. No way to access the gallery ingame.
Not my area of expertise but I think there's a mod/script/addon/whatnot that allows you to grab everything that you find off of EA's webpage through a browser. I recall seeing something about that a while ago where a user was looking for a way to grab all the required CC off of a lot. That might be your best bet (if im remembering the feature correctly). Hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction with that (and I'll grab it myself too, never can slow down my computer enough with CC lol)

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I got the addon all it does allows you to download the files off the gallery from the browser thats not the problem I have. You can download all you want but without access to the gallery ingame I cannot place those lots or houses. So there is no point to downloading anything off the gallery.

AlinaReloaded

Nov 26, 2017
I got the addon all it does allows you to download the files off the gallery from the browser thats not the problem I have. You can download all you want but without access to the gallery ingame I cannot place those lots or houses. So there is no point to downloading anything off the gallery.
I place lots with my pirated version all the time. To see your files you click the gallery icon in the top right of the screen, but then you go to MY LIBRARY instead of GALLERY. If you dont see your lots, go to the filters on the left side of the screen and click "Show Custom Content".

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I place lots with my pirated version all the time. To see your files you click the gallery icon in the top right of the screen, but then you go to MY LIBRARY instead of GALLERY. If you dont see your lots, go to the filters on the left side of the screen and click "Show Custom Content".
You see that is where the problem comes in If i click on the top right of the screen all it does is open a page with a discription of the gallery. I cannot access anything there are no buttons to my library or to the gallery just a welcoming screen with TOA link at the bottom. Im using the fitgirl repack of the game based on the codex version updated to the latest version with all the packs. I have no idea how you are able to even get the option to choose gallery or my library.

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
That is what im saying I can't open the gallery on my version. Got the latest codex version. No way to access the gallery ingame. Adding files to the tray does nothing.
The gallery or the library? Library is where your tray files are stored. That's the one you use.

frankstallone

Jul 27, 2019
You see that is where the problem comes in If i click on the top right of the screen all it does is open a page with a discription of the gallery. I cannot access anything there are no buttons to my library or to the gallery just a welcoming screen with TOA link at the bottom. Im using the fitgirl repack of the game based on the codex version updated to the latest version with all the packs. I have no idea how you are able to even get the option to choose gallery or my library.
Neither. there is one button and that is the gallery button.

That's really strange. Try redownloading the torrent from dauphong on TPB. Uninstall, remove the entire sims directory in the My Documents path, then reinstall. If it works, move only your Mods/Tray/Saves folder back in and see if it still works.

I use Dauphong's TPB upload of the Codex version and everything works fine. YOu won't be able to place any lots or households created in versions newer than yours, so make sure to pick up the most recent patches as well.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
That's really strange. Try redownloading the torrent from dauphong on TPB. Uninstall, remove the entire sims directory in the My Documents path, then reinstall. If it works, move only your Mods/Tray/Saves folder back in and see if it still works.

I use Dauphong's TPB upload of the Codex version and everything works fine. YOu won't be able to place any lots or households created in versions newer than yours, so make sure to pick up the most recent patches as well.
This is weird exactly the same version and one can access the library the other cannot. Ill give that version a try gonna take a few days to download on this slow internet. Would have been so easy if someone just placed those lots for me and shared a save with them in. Then I wouldn't have to go through all this pain and agony lol

Herringbine

May 8, 2018

I use the G4TW repack and my gallery and library works fine. You might need to make sure you downloaded your patch correctly and in order.

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I use the G4TW repack and my gallery and library works fine. You might need to make sure you downloaded your patch correctly and in order.
I had a look at that version it uses some dummy library gallery access work around. Guess Ill have to hope some kind soul make a simple save file with those lots placed. Either that or I will have to build them myself. Im not looking forward to that.

:edit : Did some checking around might be able to use the version your using. The latest patch they have avaiable should be able to patch my version. So Ill be giving that a go and see.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018
I got mine from Igg-games, that's the latest Codex version of the game, fitgirl has not updated to ROM yet, or she hadn't the last time I looked. So I'm wondering if you installed the update but not the three that came after Island Living, 153..154..155.105 and now 155.108 If you missed any of those updates, updating to the new version will totally screw your game up coz they revamped the library a little. Just A Guess you understand but sorta sounds right.
I suggest Going to IGG And re-downloading the whole game they have the latest version stand alone, job done! :) EDIT:- Oh and get it from the torrent tab at the top of the page.

EDIT 2:- Scrub That , You have to download Island Living and then the Four Updates (All Codex) So easy to install.

Last edited:

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
I got mine from Igg-games, that's the latest Codex version of the game, fitgirl has not updated to ROM yet, or she hadn't the last time I looked. So I'm wondering if you installed the update but not the three that came after Island Living, 153..154..155.105 and now 155.108 If you missed any of those updates, updating to the new version will totally screw your game up coz they revamped the library a little. Just A Guess you understand but sorta sounds right.
I suggest Going to IGG And re-downloading the whole game they have the latest version stand alone, job done! :) EDIT:- Oh and get it from the torrent tab at the top of the page,
Oh no I used the fitgirl release then used the official codex updates one after the other from the skidrow / codex site up to the latest version. What Im seeing is that most other versions have a build in way to tunnel to a official gallery account. The versions are the same but there are extra files that bypasses origin and still let people access the gallery. If all goes well after i install the patch im downloading now. I should be good to go. Its super late here tho so that will have to wait till the morning.

Reactions: GhostCanuck

GhostCanuck

Aug 19, 2019
gotcha gotcha, now im on the same page as you. i got a legit version of the game, so I cant really offer much help. so basically all you can do is play off of a saved game so to speak and tinker around from there? If i were to give you my saved game file, what would you need to get you going? like the tray files? + saved file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.80 star(s) 25 Votes