4.00 star(s) 35 Votes

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
Hope those petty reviews don't get you down, Nergal. "This game is nothing like this other game, so I am going to give it low stars for that reason!" That is the vibe I get from most of the low star reviews, trolls upset because they can't let go of Urban Demons. A review on a game should be just that, on the game, not comparing it to another game and then rating it based on how you feel on that comparision.

Reason why I don't leave a review is because I don't like to give a review on a game that is still in it's early stages, I will however give feedback.

I didn't play this latest version so I can't comment on the new content and since it has been a few months since I played it's difficult to remember what I thought about the dialogue, game play mechanics, and what not. What I do remember however is the space travel. While it's a cool feature it seems a bit too demanding on a computer (especially on my relic of a Toshiba laptop) and in my opinion it's far too..expansive at the moment. Huge universe, but almost nothing in it, like planets to visit. So as others as said traveling is a bit cumbersome. A fast travel option would be great for those with low end computers and to those who just want to get to the story/lewd content.

gangweeder69

Aug 11, 2019
Thank you for the indepth bug reports, these are really helpful in stamping the issues out. I'm sorry you experienced quite a few though. That aspect ratio one is quite interesting though - are you playing in full screen? I'm surprised to see that happen since all the menus should be set to the same scale and work in the exact same way, so very strange!
I played the game full screen throughout the playthrough, and once I unlocked all the scenes and rebooted it for a test, the aspect ratio was still off. I've tried it on Windowed before the bug happened and no issues occurred
The feature you mentioned about landing on a planet you're hovering over has been added in 0.5. It's the door at the end of engineering is now the Airlock :)
Awesome! Glad to hear (y)

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
That is the vibe I get from most of the low star reviews, trolls upset because they can't let go of Urban Demons. A review on a game should be just that, on the game, not comparing it to another game and then rating it based on how you feel on that comparision.

Reason why I don't leave a review is because I don't like to give a review on a game that is still in it's early stages, I will however give feedback.

I didn't play this latest version so I can't comment on the new content and since it has been a few months since I played it's difficult to remember what I thought about the dialogue, game play mechanics, and what not...
This has to be a troll post. (Sorry for like nine edits, mods.)
To be honest, I kind of thought it'd be a one-and-done kind of game, but the few images there are are actually really quality. And again, even though I dislike half of the characters, I might be persuaded with enough donkmeat... ;)

Last edited:

Setosu

Feb 4, 2018
This has to be a troll post. (Sorry for like nine edits, mods.)
To be honest, I kind of thought it'd be a one-and-done kind of game, but the few images there are are actually really quality. And again, even though I dislike half of the characters, I might be persuaded with enough donkmeat... ;)
https://f95zone.to/threads/review-rating-rules-updated-2019-02-12.1753/

Those reviews go against those rules. Guess I am a troll/mean-spirited for pointing that out though.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Hope those petty reviews don't get you down, Nergal. "This game is nothing like this other game, so I am going to give it low stars for that reason!" That is the vibe I get from most of the low star reviews, trolls upset because they can't let go of Urban Demons. A review on a game should be just that, on the game, not comparing it to another game and then rating it based on how you feel on that comparision.

I didn't play this latest version so I can't comment on the new content and since it has been a few months since I played it's difficult to remember what I thought about the dialogue, game play mechanics, and what not. What I do remember however is the space travel. While it's a cool feature it seems a bit too demanding on a computer (especially on my relic of a Toshiba laptop) and in my opinion it's far too..expansive at the moment. Huge universe, but almost nothing in it, like planets to visit. So as others as said traveling is a bit cumbersome. A fast travel option would be great for those with low end computers and to those who just want to get to the story/lewd content.
No of course not, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I knew from the off this wasn't going to be to everyone's liking and I also knew there would be a few people that would not like whatever the next thing was simply because it wasn't Urban Demons. That said I think there are still valid criticisms I can take away from these reviews and I hope to make improvements where I can.

Funny enough the space travel isn't technically the reason for the large slowdown in the game, but actually the way it was set up architecturally. I followed some older advice on some best practises and "how to dos" that quite clearly is no longer the optimal way of doing things. I spent most of yesterday and Friday re-writing the architecture from the ground up and I'm hoping it will make a big difference in the long run. I will be looking at the textures for the planets as well though, as these are the biggest resource sink in terms of file size (outside of the game art, which I can't really do anything about except compressing the shit out of it.)

I'm debating on a fast travel option at the moment. Maybe make it so you have to get to the planet first normally and then you can fast travel from there. Only issue I have with that is it removes the space battle system I had planned. So I need another reason for people to move manually around the galaxy... possibly mineral / gas extraction I was thinking to begin with.

For 0.5 I've made a few minor changes, such as increasing ship speed and making it easier to get to planet / refueling. But for 0.6 I want to make even more changes to try and negate the lackluster experience as much as possible.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, it's always appreciated!

Reactions: Chrathrard

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
For 0.5 I've made a few minor changes, such as increasing ship speed and making it easier to get to planet / refueling. But for 0.6 I want to make even more changes to try and negate the lackluster experience as much as possible.
Travel felt fine to me, other than enemy ships hiding in planets and spawning on you, and needing to travel the maximum distance for each plot point. The controls are good and the speed was fine. I guess my main problem was how unintuitive a lot of it was: I figured out that trying to create a fourth save overwrites the oldest instead, and that's why I was having issues with reloading and characters (not) appearing where they were supposed to be, before the crew is properly assembled. It wasn't really clear that you could just refuel "for free" in the beginning, and then you auto-refuel for free later. When getting to the poker match, I was unable to enter due to not having credits. I was skipping some dialogue, but didn't imagine you had to complete the "main" quest to enter, especially since you still have 0 credits after.
And now that I think of it, was there a way to avoid the Red Queen's scene?; considering it seemed rather, uhh... noncon.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Travel felt fine to me, other than enemy ships hiding in planets and spawning on you, and needing to travel the maximum distance for each plot point. The controls are good and the speed was fine. I guess my main problem was how unintuitive a lot of it was: I figured out that trying to create a fourth save overwrites the oldest instead, and that's why I was having issues with reloading and characters (not) appearing where they were supposed to be, before the crew is properly assembled. It wasn't really clear that you could just refuel "for free" in the beginning, and then you auto-refuel for free later. When getting to the poker match, I was unable to enter due to not having credits. I was skipping some dialogue, but didn't imagine you had to complete the "main" quest to enter, especially since you still have 0 credits after.
And now that I think of it, was there a way to avoid the Red Queen's scene?; considering it seemed rather, uhh... noncon.
Saving has changed in 0.5 with naming saves, so I'm hoping that will help out :) Also I was thinking Princess Shuma would also give a reward for saving her, probably like 3,000 credits or so. Since Lillith's poker planet is just North of that I figured that would be a good tie in.

As for the Red Queen, you can avoid the scene (picking the last option just before the scene begins). I was thinking of re-writing it a little bit, but want to assure that scene is fully consensual.

Also regarding the scenes will they be animated
It's a goal on the patreon, when we reach it all scenes will start getting animated!

Reactions: Chrathrard

floppy93

Jul 17, 2018
Nergal i like u work but rn i dont have pc for play this game and Urban demons the last update too :/ u can make a android version for both this game and urban demon please?

gangweeder69

Aug 11, 2019
So I need another reason for people to move manually around the galaxy... possibly mineral / gas extraction I was thinking to begin with.
Honestly I like this idea. Make refueling and returning to older planets have fast travel to avoid tedious gameplay, but have extractions be hubs for enemy ships that you have to battle to earn the materials. It incentivizes the player to explore the galaxy and gives a reward while avoiding the tedious gameplay. It's also for players who want to explore the mechanics as opposed to those who want the sex scenes/storyline

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Nergal i like u work but rn i dont have pc for play this game and Urban demons the last update too :/ u can make a android version for both this game and urban demon please?
There won't be an android version for UD. For TSP it's in the works along with a mac build.

Honestly I like this idea. Make refueling and returning to older planets have fast travel to avoid tedious gameplay, but have extractions be hubs for enemy ships that you have to battle to earn the materials. It incentivizes the player to explore the galaxy and gives a reward while avoiding the tedious gameplay. It's also for players who want to explore the mechanics as opposed to those who want the sex scenes/storyline
Cool! Yeah I figured it would be the best of both worlds. So I think I'm definitely going to go down this path. Also gives me a reason to prioritise the galaxy map so people can actually see everything.

Reactions: gangweeder69

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Cool! Yeah I figured it would be the best of both worlds. So I think I'm definitely going to go down this path. Also gives me a reason to prioritise the galaxy map so people can actually see everything.
Also could have random encounter sex scenes with defeated enemy ship captains. You know "Don't kill us and I can make it worth your while" type thing. And if you don't like RNG you could make it optional mini boss type enemies at certain locations.

Reactions: Kellnaved

Acherus

Aug 14, 2018
The game is great, have good characters, have good dialogue and good scenes, but it's unplayable, takes to long for loading a place when you click on it, the game have potential, but first they need fix this expendable loading process that forces you to wait 5 or more minutes to go from a place to another.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Also could have random encounter sex scenes with defeated enemy ship captains. You know "Don't kill us and I can make it worth your while" type thing. And if you don't like RNG you could make it optional mini boss type enemies at certain locations.
Potentially, though not sure that's in MC's style. I already have a lot of different NPCs planned. Maybe some optional bosses like you say could be a good idea though!

The game is great, have good characters, have good dialogue and good scenes, but it's unplayable, takes to long for loading a place when you click on it, the game have potential, but first they need fix this expendable loading process that forces you to wait 5 or more minutes to go from a place to another.
Not sure if you've tried this already, but can you try playing on the lowest graphical setting? It will likely help. Also the game is under going a massive architecture rewrite which will be ready for 0.6, which should reduce these load times.

Reactions: RedPillBlues
Jun 3, 2019
Some of those people give such shitty reasons to score this game at 1 star...
It's just annoying, this game deserves a better score.
There is a valid point though, there is a bit too much dialogue over the story of the characters and moving towards your mission by flying is kind of annoying...
But still, this game is amazing and just for the art alone it deserves a better score..

4.00 star(s) 35 Votes