4.00 star(s) 35 Votes

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
A fun game with fun content.
I did experience 2 bugs though.
1: after your first kiss/cunni with Catherine she sends you a message with a picture. She has send me this another 5 times, each time the exact same message and picture.
2: After the first titjob with Lilith she sends you a message with a picture, yet with me this message+picture show up in Catherine's feed.

Aside from these two bugs, it was a fun little playthrough. The only real grievance i have is that the MC is a little squirt. I don't need him to be 7ft tall, but he looks like he never had his growthspurt and got stuck at age 13.
The absolute massive tits on the crew is unrealistic and borderline rediculous, but this is WitchKing we're talking about, so i don't mind.

Also 2 questions:
- I recieved a message 3 times about something happening at nighttime during a warp. Is there any follow up for this at the moment or is that for future content?
- Is a harem-route part of the future plans for this game? I already got 2 warnings about involvement with another crew member ()Both Lilith and ?Kittana?(forgot her name, had a cat-pun in it) warned me about my involvement with Catherine. I just hope i didn't ruin everything already in the Demo

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Some of those people give such shitty reasons to score this game at 1 star...
It's just annoying, this game deserves a better score.
There is a valid point though, there is a bit too much dialogue over the story of the characters and moving towards your mission by flying is kind of annoying...
But still, this game is amazing and just for the art alone it deserves a better score..
It's ok, as I said before there's some valid criticism there that I'll be taking away from it. I know some people don't like dialogue and prefer to just get to the "meat" of it rather than developing characters, but this game really isn't for them. Maybe I should make a warning about that before people start the game? "Warning: There is a lot of dialogue and character building, if you don't like that, maybe this isn't the best use of your time?" Haha xD

Thanks for your words though, it's greatly appreciated!

A fun game with fun content.
I did experience 2 bugs though.
1: after your first kiss/cunni with Catherine she sends you a message with a picture. She has send me this another 5 times, each time the exact same message and picture.
2: After the first titjob with Lilith she sends you a message with a picture, yet with me this message+picture show up in Catherine's feed.

Aside from these two bugs, it was a fun little playthrough. The only real grievance i have is that the MC is a little squirt. I don't need him to be 7ft tall, but he looks like he never had his growthspurt and got stuck at age 13.
The absolute massive tits on the crew is unrealistic and borderline rediculous, but this is WitchKing we're talking about, so i don't mind.

Also 2 questions:
- I recieved a message 3 times about something happening at nighttime during a warp. Is there any follow up for this at the moment or is that for future content?
- Is a harem-route part of the future plans for this game? I already got 2 warnings about involvement with another crew member ()Both Lilith and ?Kittana?(forgot her name, had a cat-pun in it) warned me about my involvement with Catherine. I just hope i didn't ruin everything already in the Demo
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the bug reports too, I believe these were fixed in 0.5, but it's still good to get them reported :)

Sorry you don't like MC's height, I have a big size difference fetish, so that's why ^^ And it's too late in development to change that now too.

And for your questions:
1 - That is supposed to be a 1 time random event. Random events won't be expanded upon, they are just there to add a bit more character development and add more story to the universe.
2 - I get asked this often and it's in the front page FAQ, so I'll just copy and paste that:

"This is unlikely. The main point of the game is to create realistic and believable personalities (in unrealistic bodies). I don't want to spend the whole game building up characters to make them believable and then ruin it with a forced stereotypical harem ending."

Thanks for your feedback, and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game! :)

Reactions: MG-Gaming
Jul 22, 2017
monthly where's the mac build post.

Only reason I haven't pledged yet, I tried using Crossover but the game crashes when you get to the map.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
monthly where's the mac build post.

Only reason I haven't pledged yet, I tried using Crossover but the game crashes when you get to the map.
Sorry about the delay on this. It's mainly because of the giant rework I've been doing on the code base. I figured it would be best to wait for that to be done rather than potentially breaking something in the current and having to fix and then re-fix it later. I'm not making any guarantees though. If it proves more than difficult to get it working, it'll have to be dropped in favour of the regular build. But I will try my best!

t4t4

Sep 1, 2018
Sorry about the delay on this. It's mainly because of the giant rework I've been doing on the code base. I figured it would be best to wait for that to be done rather than potentially breaking something in the current and having to fix and then re-fix it later. I'm not making any guarantees though. If it proves more than difficult to get it working, it'll have to be dropped in favour of the regular build. But I will try my best!
There are programs that let people run windows based games on Macs, I used to use one called Wine. Worked perfectly for me, you might consider focusing on getting the game going on one.

I fucking love the game, especially the art style, LOVE WITCHKING'S art. However, I always keep my expectations low because these games almost always end up in development hell with no real end, or the developer just disappears. Any reassurances on that?

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
There are programs that let people run windows based games on Macs, I used to use one called Wine. Worked perfectly for me, you might consider focusing on getting the game going on one.

I fucking love the game, especially the art style, LOVE WITCHKING'S art. However, I always keep my expectations low because these games almost always end up in development hell with no real end, or the developer just disappears. Any reassurances on that?
Thanks for your words on the project! Really great seeing people enjoying our game :D And he has a great style doesn't? Very distinct!

I can understand wanting to keep expectations low, I know not all projects pan out the way people want them to. That said, I've previously completed 2 games (one is waiting a final bug fix update at the moment) from start to finish (not saying it was always smooth sailing mind you!)

So far we haven't missed a monthly build, nor do I intend to let that happen (though I know 6 months isn't something to write home about). For the past month I've been dedicating 40 hours a week to my projects (the same amount of time in my previous full time employment) and we are 3 months ahead in the artwork schedule. If anything were to happen (and it would have to take something really serious) to impact art or coding, there is quite a buffer to work the problem out.

This is my dream project and it's been in the pipeline for about 4 years (I actually commissioned the character busts about 4 years ago!), and only at the end of last year was I able to properly start work on it. I'm hoping this will come across in what we actually deliver!

With that in mind, how much content gets delivered is completely dependent on funding. Currently I can only afford to commission for one progression a month and that's without any animation. But if we start reaching further goals, you'll see multiple progressions delivered every month as well as some animations and hopefully voice acting!

Anyway, sorry I rambled a bit there. But all I can say is, I hope we can really raise your expectations and give you a finished game you will love! If you want to see what I'm working on there's And I recommend checking out the patreon from time to time for regular updates! :)

Captain NTR

Feb 6, 2020
Is this the game that development has been stopped on because of potential copyright infringement or something like that? I saw the post on patreon, if so that sucks.

MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
Is this the game that development has been stopped on because of potential copyright infringement or something like that? I saw the post on patreon, if so that sucks.
That was the other one that looks like Pokemon. This is on a different Patreon account.

Captain NTR

Feb 6, 2020
That was the other one that looks like Pokemon. This is on a different Patreon account.
Ah yeah lol I remember seeing some pokemon lookin stuff. tbh its probably for the best, no point splitting yourself up on multiple projects when you still have one in active development and one in need of fixing up and finishing touches.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Changelog:
- Malaena Progression
- Saves are now nameable (for multi playthrough / character specific saves)
- Temporarily doubled the speed of the ship while the battle system is in development
- Can now get fuel without having to land on a planet
- Can now get to any planet you are docked at by leaving via the door in Engineering (no need to go into the galaxy map first)
- When docking on the ship you are now given the option to go onto the ship or straight into the galaxy map
- Behind the scenes - began a massive data restructure for many elements of the game, 0.6 systems will use these new data structures and hopefully should result in further decreased loading times for those experiencing high load times

4.00 star(s) 35 Votes