4.10 star(s) 36 Votes

Noname55

Sep 17, 2017
Tried out the 0.5 and it seems like it could be a really good game. Here's hoping that the combat and space travel get some attention. While I did download it for them lewds, I honestly hope that this ends up being a good game with sex as one of its features, not the main feature. Imagine random events or scripted missions where choices (from where you go to what you do) matter like in FTL, a good combat system, or having the possibility of buying and selling goods, work as mercs, etc.

And regarding the harem aspect, it should not happen if the stories for specific crewmembers are well fleshed out (pun not intented, I'm an ESL and couldn't think of another way to say it). I don't mind going trough the same gameplay multiple times IF the different stories make it worth it, instead of just being slight variations in dialog with no other difference in the rest of the story.

Nergal has already done a Harem game, twice :
- A Zombie's Life had a decent Survival Aspect but it didn't stay fun for any longer that a couple of hours, once you got a full house it's more of a chore that gets in the way of advancing the story at a good pace and you end up using cheats. And the story was also lacking, the bare necessities to get some context for the gameplay and the sex scenes.

- Urban Demons was just a walking Sim with Visual Novel progression when it came to the characters and the story. The revamp took away grinding and gave new dialog that gave the characters more personality and made the story just a bit more believable. But still gameplay was almost non-existent, you walk, talk, eventually make money with PayMeOn to unlock stills and that's it.

Both of these games have A LOT of sex scenes, where every SINGLE character doesn't care that the MC is fucking/romancing everyone. They may protest a bit, but nothing else and eventually say : "It's too good so I don't care, let's share".

I know Solarion Project won't reach the Zenith of literature, but I am hoping for a well thought-out, beliavable context that won't take the characters, well, out of character.

Reactions: Kroenen12

ZugZug

Jun 12, 2017
Love the game so far and won't judge too much since it's really early, the only minor flaw is the space travel which can go on a bit too long with little to no actual gameplay, you just hold your mouse button and wait which is really boring.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Love the game so far and won't judge too much since it's really early, the only minor flaw is the space travel which can go on a bit too long with little to no actual gameplay, you just hold your mouse button and wait which is really boring.
Thanks! A galaxy map along with fast travel option has been added in 0.6 :)

Violet_Rain

Jan 1, 2020
By the way, the game dev posted another poll on Paetron as a follow-up to the previous poll on whether a harem/polyamorous relationships should be included.

You know what to do.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
By the way, the game dev posted another poll on Paetron as a follow-up to the previous poll on whether a harem/polyamorous relationships should be included.

You know what to do.
And to re-iterate what was said in both of those posts - this is just a poll for gathering numbers. If a certain option wins, doesn't mean it will be implemented.

Reactions: BruceMcGivern

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Glad to see some flexibility in the harem department.
Personally would love option 3.
As you say it requires the most work and it really goes against your intended design but really just making it a mode of sorts is the best idea: original mode which is as you intend the game to work and wish fulfillment mode wish is just a mode so players can get the harem they want.

Off topic but this situation reminds me of how the dev of towergirls hates harems which is why whoring, girls having monopoly desires, sluts, etc were in the game.
Good to see a dev who has a beer with harem not take it in the wrong way.

Anyways the NPCs look great and cant wait for their first update to appear.

• Red Heart

Emojis

Jul 18, 2017
I'm playing on 1366x768 and some conversations will have a 4th line of text below the bottom of my screen, unreadable. Also the screen is black every time I try to fly the ship after the first time, and eventually it just crashes if I press R to try to re-enter the ship. Unplayable for me right now on my HP elitebook
Same for me I cant play at all because of the black screen

splkblk

Apr 6, 2020
Was hoping the new update would fix the crashing/black screen issues I had in the previous release and it almost instantly black screens on me when I try and start a new save. Too much faith and hope I guess, fuck this game and fuck unity

• Haha

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Was hoping the new update would fix the crashing/black screen issues I had in the previous release and it almost instantly black screens on me when I try and start a new save. Too much faith and hope I guess, fuck this game and fuck unity
Do you mind if I ask why you're so angry?

• Wow

SilverFJPC21

Jan 27, 2018
Lol you need to chill bro

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
No unfortunately not, it's a goal I hope we can reach on the patreon, since animations are pretty expensive ^^
u could always try to learn how to do animations, doesnt matter if they look professional or not as long it looks decent until u can afford someone more professinal do them for u.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
u could always try to learn how to do animations, doesnt matter if they look professional or not as long it looks decent until u can afford someone more professinal do them for u.
That would take time and effort away from the project to add something that (hopefully) would be replaced eventually anyway. I'd rather not do that in all honesty.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
That would take time and effort away from the project to add something that (hopefully) would be replaced eventually anyway. I'd rather not do that in all honesty.
Well u have a good variety of animation programs, like live2d doesnt really take that much time to learn it takes around a day to know the basics (only physics need a bit more work since u can implemente mouse control on the animation for unity) the only thing need effort has a newbie its the movement u want to make or u could always do the old fashion way sequence image, but i understand ur point u dont want to waste ur time on that since it would be replaced, but until u reach the goal which might gonna take awhile the game on the h-scenes will be kinda lacking which is sad.

Naughty Underworld

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Well u have a good variety of animation programs, like live2d doesnt really take that much time to learn it takes around a day to know the basics (only physics need a bit more work since u can implemente mouse control on the animation for unity) the only thing need effort has a newbie its the movement u want to make or u could always do the old fashion way sequence image, but i understand ur point u dont want to waste ur time on that since it would be replaced, but until u reach the goal which might gonna take awhile the game on the h-scenes will be kinda lacking which is sad.
All the more reason to support the project then, right? ^^ Either way I just don't think it's a good investment of my time where this is still plenty to do on the project. I'm also not an artist, so it would probably take me much longer to figure it out to be honest!

Night123

Sep 2, 2017
Hey Nergal, great work thus far I'm really enjoying your new project, dare I saw even more than I enjoyed UD. Would you consider adding the minimal walkthrough folder like you used to on UD such as "to start X route do Y first". I cant for the life of me figure out how to start Shuma on .6.

I wasn't able to pledge this month but I'm back on the patreon in July, keep up the great work until then!

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes