Others Unreal Engine Daz VAM Blender The state of creating 3D-Art is still bad

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Daz, sucks - Decent UI but importing external assets is a pain in the %$#,you have to do one by one and half won't work, paywall is bigger than the metaverse, also Iray is a garbage and pure cancer giving me 100% on both CPU and GPU all the time and freezing my PC, plus devs have this weird thing for the bald girls so idk why but you can't import a person with hair lol)

Blender, sucks - Worst UI ever made by human, sometimes I even doubt it was human-made, but it has tons of free assets to import by sets of hundreds on one click, too bad every character has a different rig to fkn learn.

VAM, pretty damn cool, but it's not for creating renders and there are not enough different stuff to make a game with it, plus licensing is a pain in the ass too.

Unity, powerhouse, but sucks - at least for making games about human beings, rig from blender is almost always getting fkd up in the conversion, ui is not adapted to act with the rig at all, best you can do is treat it as a whole after doing animations in blender.

UE, even better powerhouse, but sucks too - Garbage UI, using a rig from blender feels like a quantum physics, also its not so great for renders as it is for making animations, and its not as great for making animations as it is for making games, and its not as great for making games as for making FPS based games, so yeah it basically sucks.

I think I'll have to wait another year for something to change here, or did I overlook something?
Not sure if i understand the critic.
Sure, the UI could be better. Maybe. But you normally get familiarized with time.
Any software you use you need to learn.

Iray is, well, perhaps as good as it gets. Personally i wished it would be open to AMD cards as well. That is my biggest gripe.

Blender or any other software have their own UI logic but i am not qualified to judge. I rarely use Blender.

How long it will take for better UI? Maybe forever. A year seems a little too ambitious.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
What a delightfully hilarious thread! I'm glad someone necroed it as I missed it when it first was active..

I don't have any issues with rendering in blender with cycles, it does use 100% of my GPU but only 5-10% of CPU and only when I'm rendering. While on the other hand in DAZ3D I can have an empty scene and as soon as I'm going to switch to Iray all goes up to 100% on both cpu/gpu and app stops being responsive, and these are the default settings so...
This right here confirms that the OP is talking out their ass ...

I have a solidly "middle of the road" PC .. not totally budget and no where near top end. I built it myself earlier this year. And I do 100% CPU rendering because I can't afford a GPU that can handle Iray right now. And yet, for the last 5 months or so, I have been running renders almost every single day on my PC, while also post processing renders in Photoshop, streaming music on my Amazon account and surfing the web ... all while driving two monitors and my large TV ... from this one lil' old PC. The only time I ever see hiccups is when I try and stream 1080p at the same time. It might pixelate a bit if my DAZ window is dominant. Once I minimize it to background, the video smooths out.

I mean, I built this PC (including stupidly inflated 1050Ti GPU) for under $650. If you are getting 100% CPU usage with GPU rendering... man, that's one hell of a potato you have.

Oh, wait... lemme guess.. PC's suck too! :ROFLMAO:

Müptezel Emo

Dec 15, 2022
Bruh. Daz sucks but can't say the same thing for other programs.
And actually, we can't say Daz is 3D Modelling/Texturing program, because it's not.
It's popular because even if you know 3D Modelling you need to work too hard for creating just one character.

Sgt. Pepper

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2018
Daz, sucks - Decent UI but importing external assets is a pain in the %$#
I had to deal with this today, and while it wasn't ideal, it was a great learning experience. You shouldn't view the limitations of technology as that. You should view them as chances to see the wrongs and learn how to make them right. If we were bogged down with technology, films like Star Wars would have never happened. I think it's more of a glass half full or a glass half empty sort of situation.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Laela-