Unreal Engine - Abandoned - The Sunny Island [v0.1] [SunnyIslandCompany]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Alpha v0.1...

This feels a lot like a proof of concept more than a introduction or beginning... The description describes more about what this game plans to become rather than what it currently has...

The visuals are slightly above average 3D free roam characters in a interactive 3D environment... For now all you have access to is a small beach front with chairs, tables, table umbrellas, a minibar, some static characters, etc... The movement is controlled by click to move, and most interactions with characters involve invitations to have sex, and only a few small areas (3 in total) are considered sex areas... Clicking on a sex area allows you to select from a list of characters (ones you've spoken with and invited for sex) to select from, with only one sex style per location... There is also an option to switch positions... These sex areas are bare bones, as the sex styles are completely built around having at least one partner as male, as when it's just females they do the same sex maneuver you would see with a male vs female penetration scene... So they definitely need to work that dynamic out...

The script (what little text there is) is mostly just short dialogue, and in some cases feels slightly like broken English... There is no plot that I could tell, but there is the basics of a quest system... This whole game seems to be mostly just to test out basic game mechanics after which there is nothing else to really do... What content there is feels extremely basic and not fully fleshed out... There are a few basic mini-games during the first quests...

Overall, this is a very basic game shell for testing out the very basic of game mechanics... It has no story, no plot, and only the tiniest bit of content... After a literal few minutes of game play, you've seen it all... I can see the potential for a good game, but the only thing I can tell this game might have for the future, is possible adventure game mechanics with lots of sex... And that is mostly guess work based off what I've seen... We'll have to wait to see if this thing gets out of POC and into actual development... I might check back on it a lot later, have to wait and see...