RPGM - Completed - The Three Charms R - The Twelve Monster Girls of Mahoroba [Final] [Minwa]

1. 5.00 star(s)

JakeMSG

Played through the whole series. Proud of myself. Also, of this games, they are extremely enjoyable, in all the right ways! Here is, as per usual, the link to my Review on the Blog, and afterwards, the Quickview as well:

[The Link]

All Scores:
    ================ Plot = 9.5
    ======== Story = 10
    ======== Characters = 9
    ================ Gameplay = 9
    ======== Mechanics = 9
    ======== Complexity = 9
    ======== Uniqueness = 9
    ======== Replayability = 9
    ================ Scenes = 9
    ======== Visual = 9
    ======== Written = 10
    ======== Interactivity = 8
    ======== Replayability = 9
    ================ Development = ----
    ================ Obtaining = 9.25
    ======== Price = 10
    ======== Methods = 8.5
    ================ FINAL SCORE = 9.18

QuickView

A hidden gem of a game series, has an unique style, unique gameplay and "combat", extremely hot Scenes and Restraints, and an interesting story to play through! Having what amounts to a steal of a price, I can completely support purchasing this series, wholesale, right now, not even needing Sales or Offers for it! And the Dev group is still active, so we'll get even more content in the future!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: Final

This game is a great leap forward when compered to the first game. I would highly recommend you giving this a try if you enjoy monster girls and femdom. Apart from that, there really isnt much else to say, its just a good femdom RPGM game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

dudibudi

After having played "Shrift" I can't play this anymore. To me its just to inferior.

Cons:
    -Some music are very short and get repetetive fast.
    -The Yokais seem to absorb energy through words, because they talk to much and nothing is really happening. The sex scene dialogues are WAY to long for what you see. In "Monster Girl Quest" they werent animated too, but it was handled way better than here (only two picture of waiting for penetration and then penetration). And in "Shrift" they a semi-animated giving something for the eye while reading.
    -Fighting system does not catch me. Somehow the fighting system is not to my taste. Its not bad perse just not my kind of battle system.
    -Dynamic obstacle running in RPG Maker is ALWAYS shitty. And here its also present.

Pro:
    +I liked the story.
    +I liked the monster designs.
    +I liked the art.
    +I liked some music pieces. Some are real bangers.
    +I liked the characters. Simple good understandable personalities.

But I did not like the pros enough to play this game through. Maybe the story is a hidden gem or there will be better levels, but what I found while playing just turned me off.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Nayko93

I really wanted to give it a better review and enjoy it like the first one, but I can't .....
    This game has a really bad ratio of pain/pleasure

It's just fucking hard, and you can't even really cheat because there is no conventional fight, so you can't max your stat with save editor
    instead you can only give yourself the max of regen and save item

A other thing really hard is the progression itself, the number of time I was blocked somewhere because I had no clue on where to go to find some stuff, of some fight that require to use a specific strategy but good luck finding the good one...
    ( and I don't even talk about one in the last fight... here a part is not translated at all so you don't know how to win ... )

This is one thing that I don't really understand, people who plays those kind of game, it's for pleasure ? to engage in some sexual fantasy....
    So why make them so hard that the time you take to finally beat a enemy, your boner had already go down ?...

Worst, sometime it can be so hard and frustrating, when you are at the end of a fight, after 10 long minutes you are finally close to win and then the game trow in your face a fucking special move that you didn't see coming, or a choice to make with a 2 second timer to react, and if you miss, you have to restart all over again...
    Good luck to even get hard again after so much frustration...

The gameplay....... it's the 2nd type of gameplay that make people hate RPGM games :
    ( the first one being a big empty map at super slow speed )
    You enter a zone filled with the same enemy , go from A to B fighting of avoiding all the enemy, unlock a shortcut and fight a boss... repeat again and again until the end of the game

Now for the sex part, well... it's kind of boring...
    It's always the same situation, the same pictures again and again with almost no variation in a scene
    Also a lot of art re-used from the first game

Sometimes, the text part of a scene is long, but in a bad way, it's just too long repeating the same kind of stuff over and over from one scene to a other
    It would have been better to have more scenes a little shorter than less scenes far too long

The story is good, pretty basic but good enough

And the fetish, we have pretty vanilla monster girl, nothing exceptional, no "weird" fetish ( even if there is some setup for good ones, like one time I really believed we could have a vore scene, but nop... or a other I was waiting for some real femdom with maybe a bad-end game over but also nop...)
    the first game was better at this...
    If you are looking for real monster girl fetish will all the usual stuff like real femdom, hard sex, vore, real reverse rape , you will probably find this game really boring
    Sometime it try.. but never go all the way in....

Anyway, in the end I'm still glad that I have played it, so I know the sroty of the first one and the sequel, so I could play the 3rd one when it will be translated

But in the end , I'm really disappointed with too much stuff in the game to really enjoy it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ExcitedCharacter

The Three Charms series is an excellent testament to how top-down RPG games can offer much more than repetitive fights and lackluster stories which are found in so many games in the genre. My hopes were high after thoroughly enjoying the first in the series, and I was left feeling anything but disappointment.

The Three Charms R is a phenomenal game by almost any metric one could use to judge it. The gameplay is engaging and varied enough to always be novel, the art is detailed and original (say goodbye to stock RPGMaker music and characters!), and the H-scenes are enticing and filled with dialog that really flesh out all involved. The only thing which I wouldn't consider to be top of its class is the story, since it can be a bit simple and predictable at times. However, it is still far better than that of most other games, and is hardly a drawback.

Playing this game was an absolute joy. So often do RPGMaker games use the same mechanics, usually something along the lines of [enter a level-->avoid monsters running around at random or following the player-->encounter a monster or boss of some sort and use abilities that are similar to those present in 95% of other games to defeat the enemy-->20 goto 10]. The environments in these types of games tend to be pretty haphazardly thrown together, as if using a random number generator to decide where trees and rocks are strewn about. The Three Chars R, like its predecessor, offers a refreshing type of level design where often the stage itself is the challenge. Instead of avoiding fights with enemies walking in random directions, the player must constantly navigate terrain designed to challenge both quick reflexes and patience. Every part of each level is intentionally made of provide engaging gameplay.
    While this game doesn't have quite as many traditional battles as others, it more than makes up for the lower quantity with immense quality. Each fight is customized with a heavy amount of dialog and moves, forcing the player to adapt to each enemy in a different way. These fights have the player focus on managing vitality (basically MP or stamina) while fending off any incoming offenses. The type of gameplay is similar to the original game in the series, but it feels much more refined and polished in this installment.

This game's art is refreshingly novel. I have played far too many games that use the same tilesets, characters, music, and enemies. The Three Charms R thankfully does not give in to the temptation of sticking with stock assets. Like the first in the series, this game offers stylized music I have not heard in other projects, refreshing tilesets, and completely custom character sprites drawn with great care and detail. I always feel a little spark of happiness when a game decides not to use the stock assets included in the engine it uses, and this game had me feeling like a tinderbox.
    The H-scenes in this game are nothing to scoff at either. The quality of these scenes never seem to decline, both with the artwork and narrative. Characters are never vaguely drawn with a blurred out face or ghostly hand groping at someone; all involved are given full detail. While there usually aren't too many images to go along with the text involved, each image appears lovingly crafted to convey exactly what's going on. The lengthy narratives which these images accompany do not disappoint in the slightest, often ramping up in intensity instead of just immediately going 0-100. The player is eased into what happens, and never experiences the cliché lines with which other games are completely riddled. No scene that played to my interests left me feeling disappointed or as though something was missing.

The only thing in this game which I felt might be a bit lacking was the story. The story generally follows the path of a hero's journey, ultimately being about the tenacity of the human spirit. Lessons are taught without the protagonist realizing, and things come together in a fairly predictable manner. It feels to me like the story generally sticks to the path of others such as The Karate Kid, albeit heavily adjusted to fit into the universe in which it takes place. There are clear allies and enemies, and the protagonist's goal is made very apparent from the start and remains unchanged throughout. Character development is minimal, which is a huge drawback for me. Don't get me wrong: the unfolding of the story in this game is far superior to that in most others that I have played. But for these reasons I believe that the first installment in the series has a superior storyline and narrative throughout.

This game is definitely one of my favorites. I felt drawn into it further by almost every aspect of it, and found that the polished novelty it offers to be incredibly refreshing. If you are looking for an engaging and entertaining game and your interests align with this one, I cannot recommend it enough.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Toottoot

This is definitely a weird one. Its RPG systems are a lot simpler and rougher around the edges than other, good erorpgs I've played. Although, I always found the fights fun.

The puzzles were often very game-y and goofy, but never felt out of place.

Most of the sprites are just defaults that come with RPGmaker, yet they're used to their best potential.

The best part about it is arguably the story. It's full of well-done tropes, it knows when it take itself seriously and when to goof around. Occasionally, it'll throw in very simple, railroad-y fights with changes to the mechanics, but they don't feel boring or annoying because they're kept short and mesh well with the story.

The final fight especially is a great example of this railroad-y yet oddly exciting climax (pun intended).

A cheaply made game with too much love put into it to deserve anything less than 5 stars.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gesta1t

Vast improvement over the first game with more content and quality of life changes. The story is just as good if not better and it took me around 8 hours to beat (leisurely). Definitely worth a try if your into hemdom games.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Lucarne

The sequel I've been waiting for! Been following the translation progress for a while and I'm glad it's finally released.

The game itself is just as fun as the first one, with much appreciated improvements in the combat especially (less focus on running, new mechanics/skills, several different types of combat). Story is also good, expanding on the lore of the world and pre-existing characters without feeling too tacky.

The scenes are top notch, even better than the first game. New characters, new dialogue options, new types of events/minigames.

Can't ask for more, personally. Easy 5 stars from me.