HTML The Time of Cherries [Completed/Ongoing] [Development Thread]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Quick suggestion/request:

1/ Add no. of completed contracts to "contracts selection" menu wold be greatly appreciated (hackintosh version screenshot).
View attachment 1911518

2/ Would it be possible to "pull out" difficulty settings to game start?
Stuff like no. of contracts to unlock topless/nude shoots, cash multipliers, stress reduction values etc. would be great for people that do not have time (or just don't feel like) to grind 200+ characters (especially after loading all Core, Extended & Plonkers)

3/ Any way for concubines to have a way how to continue unlocking gallery? Or at least view it? It drives me nuts to fully unlock character & then not being able to see gallery anymore because I provided free housing for somebody.

Also, nice project!
1 - I have had a couple of people request this. When you sort your models by contract it will keep them in that sorted order when you do contracts so for me at least, I never felt like I was completely blind and didn't know who to pick. "Everyone above Girl X has had less than 5 contracts, I'll pick one of them."

I am not opposed to QOL upgrades in a game. So perhaps a Level 2 Assistant might unlock this? Or if you complete one of the deceptions you get to pick one of the QOL upgrades for future games... hmmm

2 - I have thought about this. It would probably just be a easy mode that gives more pay and less stress. I guess this would be pretty easy to implement.

3 - Ahh concubines... If I had a list, this would be in my top 5 list of things I would I like to develop more and what you have said I agree. But before that I was wanting to work on each deception path to have it's own story and for competitions to also provide lengthy contracts to models when they win... Well I'd get to it at some stage!! The past few months have been spent developing the relationship events.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback

Lipif

Dec 26, 2020
in the general menu where you can see all the models that you have unlocked, making sure that you can see the galleries again doesn't seem too hard to do and makes sense, doesn't it?

PeterHartz

Apr 6, 2018
Some Ideas about the Contract system.

1. the more Fame you have, the more Contracts per week you can accept (given that you often get contracts for 50$ a week, they get rather useless in Endgame atm)
2. Rather then demanding special type of girl (often resulting in no girl can take the contract) let the player choose the girl for the contract. If you choose right you get more Money, the more Contracts you have done, the better you know the companies and can assign the right girls. Pleasing the Companies gives you an advantage at the Competition
3. Girls perks have influance on Contracts. Assign an Negotiator gives you more money, Competitor gives more Relation to Companie etc...

Edit: Spend some time at "endgame" now. And its way to grindy. We need an alternativ way to get rid of girls beside letting her become a comcubine. 1000$ / Week sound fair in the beginnning but 10K /Week is kind of heavy if you get about 2K per Nudeshoots.

Also I dislike the personal stress mechanic. At the start it makes kind of sense, you just started your own buisness and need money to survive, so you sure are stressed. But at mid/late game you earn 10K or more per week live in a Mansion with girls fullfilling all your wishes, why would you be stressed.
I dont say that every picture should be perfect and that you should always get max money per shoot, but I would find it more immersive if you say its
technical-failure/bad equipment/lack of experience that caused the loss of money rather than being stressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanaalam and Gorse

Lipif

Dec 26, 2020
Some Ideas about the Contract system.

1. the more Fame you have, the more Contracts per week you can accept (given that you often get contracts for 50$ a week, they get rather useless in Endgame atm)
2. Rather then demanding special type of girl (often resulting in no girl can take the contract) let the player choose the girl for the contract. If you choose right you get more Money, the more Contracts you have done, the better you know the companies and can assign the right girls. Pleasing the Companies gives you an advantage at the Competition
3. Girls perks have influance on Contracts. Assign an Negotiator gives you more money, Competitor gives more Relation to Companie etc...
i approuve, yes very good idiea

Reactions: sanaalam

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018
obsessionau
First of all, great game you have here.

Bug (kinda)
I'm playing with plonkers mod, and couple of times got an event after the shot that the model helps the MC "reduce" his stress.
But the level stays the same for presure and stress.

Suggestion.
I would suggest, that the unlock progress for girl sets and ending, would be saved in the save file not the browser. I play this game in incognito mode, and after finishing one route I would love to have the unlocks in the new session.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
obsessionau
First of all, great game you have here.

Bug (kinda)
I'm playing with plonkers mod, and couple of times got an event after the shot that the model helps the MC "reduce" his stress.
But the level stays the same for presure and stress.

Suggestion.
I would suggest, that the unlock progress for girl sets and ending, would be saved in the save file not the browser. I play this game in incognito mode, and after finishing one route I would love to have the unlocks in the new session.
With the first one, I believe you are referring to a relationship event that fired. These events don't affect player stats. I have a feeling this is just a generic scene to segway into a blowjob photo?

With the second one I have a feeling it would hinder more people than it would help. Unfortunately it is one of those tradeoffs when you are playing a html game.

Glad you are enjoying the beauty in the rest of the game...

MrBloobby123

Sep 30, 2021
few small suggestions. loving the game by the way.

a. a basic event tracker to see if ive completed all events of a model or a tracker on that models screen in the top corner or something. for example using jessica robbin from plonkers mod she has 4 events. either a crown or something on the model button like how you've done with this
party.png
you could have like a gold star to the left of the contact for completed gallery and a silver one for completed events. rough mockup
contact - Copy.png

or having the events ticker. probably put this below completed contracts rather then on top.

event.png

b. evilpenguin beat me to it. but is there anyway to access the acheviments file if im playing on private window so i can still save the progress?

Reactions: Plonk

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
a) Good suggestion. The event system has changed massively in the past month or two and it is something I am still actively working on.

There are a couple of bugs in build 13 which I have fixed, however there is still an issue with how the game manages viewed events. Unfortunately I will need to make significant changes to how the event system works to manage this.

After these changes have been made I will look at where best to have this indicator.

edit: I will probably have it on the model notes page where it will either highlight the relationship or show a scene icon if there are events available. Hovering your mouse over will tell you how many events are remaining.
1657531137850.png

b) There is a easy way to access achievements, it involves not going into private mode when you play. Cookies are the only practical way to manage this - web pages do not have direct access to the file system to write/load data otherwise virus's would have a field day!

Last edited:

MrBloobby123

Sep 30, 2021
edit: I will probably have it on the model notes page where it will either highlight the relationship or show a scene icon if there are events available. Hovering your mouse over will tell you how many events are remaining.
View attachment 1919371
yup that looks good. would really help alot thx. didn't realize the achevis was saved on cookies now i get why it doesnt save.

junkage

Sep 17, 2017
When you finish with chapter 8 of the Antagonist campaign, it says this should reduce stress but it actually increases it.

It seems like photos get affected by stress a lot more if the model has already taken those pictures before. When working with a model that just unlocks a new tier, there are hardly any stress affected photos, but once you unlock photos there's a high chance they come out bad.

Is this intentional? Feels like it should be a bit more balanced. More unsuccessful photos for new photos, less unsuccessful photos for remaking photos.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
When you finish with chapter 8 of the Antagonist campaign, it says this should reduce stress but it actually increases it.

It seems like photos get affected by stress a lot more if the model has already taken those pictures before. When working with a model that just unlocks a new tier, there are hardly any stress affected photos, but once you unlock photos there's a high chance they come out bad.

Is this intentional? Feels like it should be a bit more balanced. More unsuccessful photos for new photos, less unsuccessful photos for remaking photos.
I think that first thing about completing the antagonist campaign was reported to me before and I was supposed to address but totally forgot about it... Will see if I can fix it in this upcoming build.

The way the photoshoots work is that a card 1-8 is picked, if it is a unique card a card type is applied and it is displayed.
If the card picked is a already revealed card then the hairdresser and makeup artist will give you another chance at creating a unique shot, if they don't succeed then you are struggling to come up with something fresh and new and a stress check is done.

Hopefully if you look at it that way the stress application makes sense. In reality what you say is very true, shooting in a unfamiliar environment is hard to get right without years of experience and a good understanding of light and composition. There will be a higher chance you have something in your setup wrong.

Reactions: junkage

PeterHartz

Apr 6, 2018
if they don't succeed then you are struggling to come up with something fresh and new and a stress check is done.
This makes the Stress-mechanic even worse. At Endgame your only way to reduce stress is by letting girls become concubines, which means 1K more per week, so more grinding nude shoots of the same 3-4 girls because you dont get enough contracts for all girls in time.
So shooting with the same girls results in more stress you cant effectivly reduce = less money per shoot = not enough time to unlock new girls = restart + grind to unlock new girls

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This makes the Stress-mechanic even worse. At Endgame your only way to reduce stress is by letting girls become concubines, which means 1K more per week, so more grinding nude shoots of the same 3-4 girls because you dont get enough contracts for all girls in time.
So shooting with the same girls results in more stress you cant effectivly reduce = less money per shoot = not enough time to unlock new girls = restart + grind to unlock new girls
The game was initially designed with 40-60 girls and 4 deceptions, so the game mechanics were designed around only having 12-15 models to complete the deception then you start a different deception. Each deception takes 2-3 hours so 8 - 12 hours of play.

As late as the 18th March there were only 80 girls. The 200 extra girls since have literally popped up in the last 3 months while I was working on the relationship events.

I hope to work on handling late game models better in a future build as the concubine feels lackluster and the alternative of making them break isn't the nicest way to remove the model from your portfolio.

PeterHartz

Apr 6, 2018
The game was initially designed with 40-60 girls and 4 deceptions, so the game mechanics were designed around only having 12-15 models to complete the deception then you start a different deception. Each deception takes 2-3 hours so 8 - 12 hours of play.

As late as the 18th March there were only 80 girls. The 200 extra girls since have literally popped up in the last 3 months while I was working on the relationship events.

I hope to work on handling late game models better in a future build as the concubine feels lackluster and the alternative of making them break isn't the nicest way to remove the model from your portfolio.
Maybe You can handle it like this, all models have an exclusiv contract with you, to get rid of them you can sell this contract to an other agency and as a benefit get payed for that contract (the more pictures you unlocked the more money you get)
To balance it out you may have to pay the girl before signing.

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Maybe You can handle it like this, all models have an exclusiv contract with you, to get rid of them you can sell this contract to an other agency and as a benefit get payed for that contract (the more pictures you unlocked the more money you get)
To balance it out you may have to pay the girl before signing.
Something similar but might work better in conjunction with concubine would be to have an additional upgrade called "Website". Once owned your website will grant you a passive income bonus to models who have full sets. This income is based on the models popularity value.

So you will want to keep your most popular models to get that income bonus, but then concubine others for stress relief so you can have more models.

I might also add something so that when you complete each of the first 3 sets, the model gets a random bonus to their chance of getting a relationship/popularity/confidence/poise card. As such some models will naturally develop to become more popular than others.

Another idea I have is that once a model has been concubined for x months you can then advance the relationship with her in different ways which will also grant different benefits such as removing her weekly cost, generating you fame, or magnifying the stress relief she provides.

Reactions: Plonk

Lipif

Dec 26, 2020
question I have a pro model, who gives me his agreement to appear in the game, I have the 32 photos, can I give it to you so that she appears? I can contact others, it would be nice if there was a page (in the acknowledgments with the names of the models who gave their consent and a link to their site to thank them? what do you think?

Dante_TheDark

May 18, 2021
Hello.

Frist of all I want to thank you for your work, I have been playing for some hours this game today and I enjoyed it, especially the early game. I have read most of this thread and I read that some things are going to be addressed -or reworked- at some point (like allow the player to see the gallery of the concubines), and I would like to comment what I understand as the late game (the moment when you have over 12-15 girls, and are few things left to acquire with money). Because at that point the game becomes a vicious ouroboros.

The concubines are to let you get new girls (so new galleries), so far so good, but what they take is bigger than what they give. It isn’t something to see with the first couple, but the moment you reach 4-5 it is noticeable. The way to earn money is doing photos and contracts. Contracts is just 1 per week (and some gives an excessive low amount of money by that time, good at the start, but not later) and do photos leads to big amounts of stress because most of the pool is done, or I am waiting to the few not completed to do contracts (1 new per week) so I can do the proper new photos, so due to how the stress works (you already explained it, nothing to complain here) it becomes a bit… Concubines reduces stress but the amount they reduce isn’t enough to deny what you get to earn the money they take once there are more than 2-3, if you can earn that much money (by that point is quite easy to fail most of the photos and get tones of stress and even lose money if you fail all). So… looks like the numbers should be tweaked a little. Money, stress, both… I am not sure, but from the player perspective looks like the money is the easy option.

You already said that maybe you will introduce a passive way to earn money, if it ends being a thing, I would suggest to add an option to “skip the day”, or any other options that you consider appropriate to not being forced to do photos so that way, despite getting less money, stress can be avoided. Yeah, it is connected -somehow- with my previous paragraph.

I will also like to see few more events. Not specifically to a model, generic ones. There is no need for dozens, but a few more would be nice. In the end all of them pop regularly up early, when you have few models, so they repeat easily. Later it isn’t really a matter because by that point everything is going to be repetitive, it doesn’t matter the game.

I love management games, so I always want more things and more depth, I will take most of it a part (for obvious reasons) and comment only one thing: What about the possibility to buy more equipment, and the better it is, let it “help” reducing the stress of failing a photo? I’m not sure about it, but as I saw it, looks like there are several grades of fail so the lightest gives the smaller amount of stress, but: What if, once you have better\the best equipment, it reduces 1/X grade/s when you fail? I said it like that because it looks like the simplest way to implement it, but here, once again, I don’t really know and probably you can give a better way to do such thing. So maybe there won’t be any need to tweak other things, as I said earlier.

Lots of thanks to take the time to read that, and willing to keep playing the future builds.

PS: My first message in that forum :p

obsessionau

Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
question I have a pro model, who gives me his agreement to appear in the game, I have the 32 photos, can I give it to you so that she appears? I can contact others, it would be nice if there was a page (in the acknowledgments with the names of the models who gave their consent and a link to their site to thank them? what do you think?
Probably the best way for something like this would be to have a specific "mod" for it that people can download, which I could create for you if you wanted to add her?

I did think about putting the sites the models use in their game bio (to give more recognition) but never bothered going down that path as it adds extra bloat and this was just made for my own amusement and creativity so wasn't any point. Hence the fairly specific "type" of models that I do add and I work on what I feel like working on.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote