Ren'Py Abandoned The Traveller [v0.03] [Vole]

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Just a bit curious volegames

Why did you select a name for the game which is literally identical to that of another game still in development? You may want to consider whether or not to select another title, cause that developer could technically come after you for copying his title, considering you're both aiming to make money on your games.

Also, "traveller"? Is your main audience in the UK?

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Cannot click the cart driver.

If saving the game on that screen with the driver, closing the game, and starting again + loading the save, it is corrupted and you just get this screen below.

I never tried this game before so there is no mixup between versions.

Deleting all savedata under /game and trying again made it work, somehow.

1656558078794.png

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
And then we get non-responsive again, after agreeing to undress Ghita. There is nothing to do, nothing quest related is activated.

volegames - this game is a mess and I suggest you learn to code in Python before you develop any further, or select another framework like Naninovel or Fungus (Unity) or Visual Novel Framework (Unreal). They are completely interactive, no coding required.
Obviously some trigger mechanism doesn't work in your code.

VGJ

Aug 14, 2017
Don't bother downloading this, the game is programmed so badly that if you accidentally explored other areas first heck even if you do follow the storyline sometimes the event wouldn't trigger and hardlock you out of progression. Oh did I forget to mention that loading a saved game would also lock you out of progression.