Archived The Twist: Variables Guide [v0.26]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonqsmith

Jun 14, 2017
To be clear is it possible to jump to or just trigger a scene with these tools? For example if I started a fresh game pulled up the cheat menu would it be possible to call the function that starts a sex scene in game somehow? I would imagine it would be a bit more involved possibly requiring to be in the same location a scene starts in game and with select variables set correctly.

From what I've been reading it looks like this just allows to you change variables.

My end goal here is to find an easy way to just jump to a scene I want to replay from a fresh game or with a completed game save. Something along the lines of setting the correct varables and calling a function via a console or something.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
There is no way to call functions. But you can change the needed variables so they meet the desired scene requirements. You can see those requirements in the dump files. But I want to warn you that this will mess the complicated game logic, which will most likely break your further game progression.

There are plenty of game saves in the main thread. With such save you can repeat almost all scenes in the game, with all their extensions.

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Workaround for the locked classroom door bug

Bug description:
I am experiencing some strange effect with the classroom scene:
1. Save before entering
2. Load save file
3. Enter classroom and do scene
4. Quit and load previous save file again
5. Enter classroom -> door is locked

anyone having any ideas about this?
Cause of the bug: This bug occurs because the variable classvisit is not stored in the save game files.

Solution 1 (using CheatMenu or Registry Editor, save game editors can't help you here):
  • Set classvisit = 0 and the door will be unlocked.
Solution 2 (without variable editing):
  1. Press [Wait till evening] button.
  2. Press [Sleep till morning] button (at the beginning of the next day classvisit = 0 automatically).
  3. Load your save and the classroom door will be unlocked.

Reactions: morphnet

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Cheat which enables Janice/Julia/Jason threesome scene in Janice's bedroom,
even if Jason have fucked Janice during John's at home period

There is a very hot Janice/Julia/Jason threesome scene in Janice's bedroom, which occurs if Jason didn't fuck Janice when John is at home. With this cheat you can fuck Janice as many times as you like and then you can have that hot threesome scene when john leaves.

All you have to do is to set jjfcounter = 0 before John's departure.

Reactions: Carcalla

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
24 is my version, but jjfcounter does not match.
I "installed" game again, but no changes :'(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Set jjfcounter = 0 before John's departure if you had sex with Janice during John at home period.
But you still need to have completed Janice's "anal training" before that.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Hey, not sure this is the right place to ask this. But how do you change the window size. On the startup there's the combo box, but there are no other options except the full screen. I looked in the regedit data, but I didn't see a setting for that?

Dragenking

Apr 22, 2018
Is there a way to increase the chance of Janice visiting Jason at night in his room? Especially Friday and Saturday night. Which variables do I need to change? Any help would be appreciated

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Is there a way to increase the chance of Janice visiting Jason at night in his room? Especially Friday and Saturday night. Which variables do I need to change? Any help would be appreciated
Those visits are random and you can't manipulate the RNG.
But you can always use the good old 'save early and load on fail' cheat. Which means:
  1. Save your game before 23:00
  2. Wait till evening
  3. If Janice didn't appear then load your save
  4. Repeat from step 2

Dragenking

Apr 22, 2018
Those visits are random and you can't manipulate the RNG.
But you can always use the good old 'save early and load on fail' cheat. Which mean:
  1. Save your game before 23:00
  2. Wait till evening
  3. If Janice didn't appear then load your save
  4. Repeat from step 2
Oh crap of course, never think of the simple way first. ACK KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Thanks for the info.

Carnage29

Aug 14, 2017
Hello, I am not getting the game cafe coupon in the mailbox. How do i trigger this? Rachel score is 100. Thank you

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Hello, I am not getting the game cafe coupon in the mailbox. How do i trigger this? Rachel score is 100. Thank you
You are posting at the wrong thread. This thread is for discussion of the game variables ONLY! All other game related questions should be asked in the main thread. Anyway, this event is random. Keep checking your mailbox daily.

Carnage29

Aug 14, 2017
You are posting at the wrong thread. This thread is for discussion of the game variables ONLY! All other game related questions should be asked in the main thread. Anyway, this event is random. Keep checking your mailbox daily.
Thanks for having pointed that out to me...I'll post it in another thread related to this game. Just so you know, have checked for more than 5 consecutive days, nothing... and I believe I have completed all quests for this to trigger and was looking into modifying a save file with the saveeditor to trigger it... Thanks anyway...

AngelOfDeath

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for having pointed that out to me...I'll post it in another thread related to this game. Just so you know, have checked for more than 5 consecutive days, nothing... and I believe I have completed all quests for this to trigger and was looking into modifying a save file with the saveeditor to trigger it... Thanks anyway...
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I decided that you are asking how to trigger that event in game. If you want to cheat then this is the right thread.
If you want to cheat and give yourself Game Cafe coupon then set:
mail1 = 1

Reactions: Predator135

Darmwind

Aug 14, 2018
That part of the code has changed during game development. It depends on which version are you playing:
ver. 0.22: jjfcounter = 40
ver. 0.23: jjfcounter = 50
ver. 0.24: jjfcounter = 0
A little late answer, but in my (fresh) playthrough with 0.25 it works like this:

When John arrives, jjfcounter is set to the current value of momfc (jjfcounter = momfc); which was like 36 and 41 on two tests.
When John is leaving, in the living-room, both values are compared (jjfcounter == momfc), and if equal the bedroom action begins.

I wasn't able to find this code in the generated dumps, but on the other side, I didn't find any places where jjfcounter is set to anything <> 0 eighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.