Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
TSoL_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for The Two Sides of Love
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v7b ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Note: Mod was ported to the VN due to overwhelming request.
This VN may not favor everyone's tastes.

Updated: 01/04/2024
Game/Creator: The Two Sides of Love / Night Games
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: 0.3.1
Game Version: 0.3.1
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split (coming soon).
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 01/04/2024 08:53 CST
Download: -

SanchoMod GUI/Features
TSoL SM B02a1a.jpg TSoL SM B02a1b.jpg TSoL SM B02a1e.jpg TSoL SM B02a1c.jpg TSoL SM B02a1d.jpg
TSoL SM B02a2a.jpg TSoL SM B02a2b.jpg TSoL SM B02a2c.jpg TSoL SM B02a2e.jpg TSoL SM B02a2f.jpg
SanchoMod dynamic ChoiceGuide & FreeRoam
TSoL SM B02a3a.jpg TSoL SM B02a3b.jpg TSoL SM B02c1a.jpg TSoL SM B02c1b.jpg
SanchoMod Character Renaming (deep-rooted, works across the board)
TSoL SM B02a4a.jpg TSoL SM B02a4b.jpg TSoL SM B02a4c.jpg TSoL SM B02a4d.jpg TSoL SM B02a4e.jpg
(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom. New bonus feature - adjust dialogue font size and dialogue box opacity while in game via [Alt+(ArrowKeys)].
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity. New bonus feature - Scene filters by character and/or scene type available as desired.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater. New bonus feature - alt character renaming, deep-rooted.
  7. SanchoHotKeys (in-game only). Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  8. QM HoverMode (found in the Options screen). Additional QuickMenu customization that can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  9. HotKey "S" Toggle (found in SanchoCheats) (it looked out of place in SanchoOptions where it really needs to be), works in real-time while in-game with no restart required. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T". While in the "T" variant the user can take RenPy screenshots with the individual "S" key as well as the other multi-key assignments. This feature toggle is saved on a per-save file basis (it will always default to "S" when starting a new game so will have to be set to "T" each new game if that's the preference of the Player. When loading a save where it was previously set to "T" then it will be loaded as such).
  10. SanchoMod Volume Control (found in Preferences). Controls most of the sounds introduced by the mod separately from the VN's mixer.
  11. SanchoAutoSave (found on Save/Load Page 69). Episode/Chapter specific auto saves in one location, easily accessible by the Page menu.
Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Known Issues (issues known but not yet resolved):
  • Currently N/A
Resolved Issues (issues fixed and currently pending next mod update pushed to upload):
  • Currently N/A

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho. Can this mod change love and corruption points?
Good morning. Not yet. Its simple enough for me to add to SanchoCheats but the story is not far enough along for them to matter much yet so I simply made it a feature to add on next update.

Reactions: 08Hanbo

DamienF24

Aug 25, 2022
Indeed, seems I borked that one. It's corrected and will be implemented on next maintenance update push. Thank you.
You have a couple dialogues mixed up with vanessa and anna at the house, like some lines were meant for vanessa instead of anna. there were a couple other ones I saw too, but i forgot where

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You have a couple dialogues mixed up with vanessa and anna at the house, like some lines were meant for vanessa instead of anna. there were a couple other ones I saw too, but i forgot where
Any dialogue errors are on the developer including nameboxes. The mod does not change or alter any dialogue other than character names if the user changes those in SanchoCheats.

Reactions: DamienF24

skrusher

May 11, 2019
It's alive!!!!

Just passing by to let you know that a new update is out. I would appreciate it if you could update the mod when possible.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod got pulled from the VN's OP so I didn't get notifications.

This instant pulling of my mods while other VN's have multiple mods listed in them that are months or longer outdated still remain is really pissing me off. It's obvious prejudice and oppression imho.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is all taking some doing on my part but I have Day1-Day3 ported over and the UI sorted. I'm not changing the dev's color scheme though... yes it's over the top but I don't have time right now to tone it down.
1685733033767.png 1685733130406.png 1685733179802.png

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SanchoMod got pulled from the VN's OP so I didn't get notifications.

This instant pulling of my mods while other VN's have multiple mods listed in them that are months or longer outdated still remain is really pissing me off. It's obvious prejudice and oppression imho.
Well, I did notify you last night :D

But, when I reported the update (links in the thread), I think only the one mod was there and the translation link.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know it's taking a while but there the VN hasn't been updated in almost a year so the Core was way behind and making for a ton of UI changes that had to be recoded correctly. Other than that the ChoiceGuide is complete through the update and the latest Core feature sets are working as intended. I have to rework the gallery and choreograph the MiniStat amongst some other misc tweaks.

I haven't been making screengrabs but here's the autosave example:
1685756451668.png 1685756623795.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This update has been brutal, ain't gonna lie. I've a ton of workhours in this now. Too long since the last update so I basically rewrote everything. That said I have minor adjustments to make, final review, and code cleanup. I should (hopefully) have this beast available this evening.... including a SanchoGallery that's 100% custom, hand-selected scenes (that took a ton of work itself).
1685822316817.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.3)
TSoL SM B03a1a.jpg TSoL SM B03a1b.jpg TSoL SM B03a1c.jpg
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changelog:
  • Updated to the latest VN version (obviously)
  • Updated from Core v6 to v7b
  • Fixed every single thing I could find in the wonky UI
  • Fixed the dev's replay gallery so it won't crash... it still only has two scenes. Use SanchoGallery instead.
  • Completely rewrote the ChoiceGuide so it's now 100% dynamic with SanchoCheats' alt-character renaming feature.
  • Completely recoded SanchoGallery adding hand-selected scenes all custom coded.
  • Added SanchoTranslations were appropriate (cause I can, for fun).
  • More stuff I don't even want to get into at the moment... this one was a bear to tame.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited: