Mod Ren'Py The Two Sides of Love [v0.3.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Sancho1969 0.3.1 just released (though it's not "here" yet). I assume your mod will need an update for it, so just a heads up in case you haven't been sent 5.3E+25 messages about it already.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
Sancho1969

A semi-update that came out in June I just posted, not sure changes, my compressed will be up in a bit.

Seems like gallery fixed, some bugfixes, minor changes, no sure if you would need to update or not, maybe just version number.

The Two Sides of Love [v0.3.1] [Night Games]
Any update on whether the mod is OK to use with the new v0.3.1 version yet Sancho1969 ?

I'm keen to play the latest version that SOL posted but I'll always wait for the Sancho mod whenever it is!! LOL!!

(god... I'm such a Sancho mod fan boi... LMAO!!!!)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any update on whether the mod is OK to use with the new v0.3.1 version yet Sancho1969 ?

I'm keen to play the latest version that SOL posted but I'll always wait for the Sancho mod whenever it is!! LOL!!

(god... I'm such a Sancho mod fan boi... LMAO!!!!)
Good morning (now 0620hrs here),

I guess I "forgot" about checking into this during the holiday crunch I was under (massive amount of VN updates in 1.5 months) so for that my apologies.

Now, I'm only on my second cup of coffee but these are the ONLY difference I find between v0.3 (beta) and v0.3.1:
  • The original attempt by the dev team to create a scene gallery was pulled out of the VN. They either decided to wait on coding it out or noticed that I made a mod with a perfectly running gallery already included... I can't be for sure
    • v0.3 (beta)'s "Gallery":
    • 1704371068415.png 1704371089666.png
  • v0.3.1 (unmodded), same Main Menu (without the mod's menu aesthetic corrections of course):
Oddly enough, the v0.3.1 VN starts up and still states it's "Beta", so it beats me what's really going on in their version numbering. Maybe it was an oversight, maybe it's "beta" until they release v0.4. Again, I can't be for certain.:
1704371231783.png

All that said, since I have the project open I'll update the mod's core to it's latest version (might as well, I already have everything loaded up for analysis). Otherwise ALL of the story's scripts and code are identical to v0.3 (beta).

Bottom line: yes, you can use SanchoMod v0.3 inside VN v0.3.1, it will simply convert v0.3.1 back to v0.3 with no harm done. There is no benefit in v0.3.1 at all other than the VN's half-baked Gallery being removed from the Main Menu.

Kind of a long-winded way of me saying nothing changed... but if I didn't elaborate I reckon folks would think I might be wrong or full of shit, so thought I'd make this post a bit more detailed before someone tried to punk me out.:p

Now, time for cup of coffee #3....

Reactions: riddikk91

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FWIW:

SanchoMod Update (v0.3.1)

Go get you some.

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.