Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

Zabutnik

Dec 31, 2019
I would be happy to help with that, the process is below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I keep doing the gym scene. The "train" option isn't showing up. and her relationship is at least 20. I'm gonna test Cebs compressed version see if it works there instead.

Update: So the version I was using must have been bugged. tried the compressed version above. now it works fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: S A Z and D Dog

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I keep doing the gym scene. The "train" option isn't showing up. and her relationship is at least 20. I'm gonna test Cebs compressed version see if it works there instead.

Update: So the version I was using must have been bugged. tried the compressed version above. now it works fine.
Thank you for keeping us up to date. That is definitely a weird issue. I had tried it again with a fresh install and I wasn't able to replicate the same problem. But I'm very glad to hear you were able to resolve to issue.

If anyone else is having problems please let me know as well.

I suspect we may run into some issues with the Beta to Official upgrade patch. The install method is different than with the full mod version method and can cause issues if done incorrectly. That of course may not have been what happened here at all. But if others do run into issues, please try either downloading the full mod version and removing your old SAZMOD folder and replacing it with the full mod version. Or doing as Zabutnik did and trying the compressed version with SAZMOD already installed (thanks cebs for providing that).

Thank you again for reporting the issue. :)

D Dog

Jul 31, 2018
Just finished the update and I just have to say the Kate scenes and extra scenes you added is just "OUTSTANDING". And for you to do this in your own time without getting paid what so ever just shows you're the best. Great job S A Z, now back to the game have to play the love route now.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Just finished the update and I just have to say the Kate scenes and extra scenes you added is just "OUTSTANDING". And for you to do this in your own time without getting paid what so ever just shows you're the best. Great job S A Z, now back to the game have to play the love route now.
Thank you very much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it! :D

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I got the scenes with Kate (it was from an old save, didn't start new) and got the scene in the bar. The next night when I went to the club to try and see what Cassandra's new stuff was, when I click on the arrow to go past Kate, the game crashed, hard. It gave me an error (which I didn't copy) and I think I tried to ignore it and it just crashed to desktop.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S A Z

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
I got the scenes with Kate (it was from an old save, didn't start new) and got the scene in the bar. The next night when I went to the club to try and see what Cassandra's new stuff was, when I click on the arrow to go past Kate, the game crashed, hard. It gave me an error (which I didn't copy) and I think I tried to ignore it and it just crashed to desktop.
Thank you for sharing this issue. I have been trying to recreate it. I have tried with my own saves as well as a fresh save with a new install and I just haven't been able to get it to happen I'm afraid. If you do run into it again, if you would be able to copy the error's traceback message, that would be super helpful. I might be able to figure out what is happening. I could also take a look at your save, if you have one close to that point, if you would like. That's totally up to you though. I'll keep trying to get it to happen on my side as well. And thanks again for playing the latest update and for letting me know what you ran into! :) Although I am sorry you've ran into some issues.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Thank you for sharing this issue. I have been trying to recreate it. I have tried with my own saves as well as a fresh save with a new install and I just haven't been able to get it to happen I'm afraid. If you do run into it again, if you would be able to copy the error's traceback message, that would be super helpful. I might be able to figure out what is happening. I could also take a look at your save, if you have one close to that point, if you would like. That's totally up to you though. I'll keep trying to get it to happen on my side as well. And thanks again for playing the latest update and for letting me know what you ran into! :) Although I am sorry you've ran into some issues.
Yea, I didn't save it. I had the scene with Irene and little sis in the barn. I had one meeting with Kate at gym. I trained with her twice and then I went to the bar and had that scene. The next day I got the error and it crashed, so didn't have much of a rum prior to it happening and wasn't expecting it to crash on me like that.

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Yea, I didn't save it. I had the scene with Irene and little sis in the barn. I had one meeting with Kate at gym. I trained with her twice and then I went to the bar and had that scene. The next day I got the error and it crashed, so didn't have much of a rum prior to it happening and wasn't expecting it to crash on me like that.
You don't have any error.txt or traceback inside your game folder?

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Yay! Thank you for keeping game alive and new update!
(Hope will be more NTR-scenes some day)
Thank you. :) I've already started work on the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. That will be an optional add-on pack utilizing modified versions of the Patreon Reward Images (a download link for those images can be found on the OP for the fan-art thread). That add-on pack will have content based on those images, little one shots, that will feature Love, Corruption, and NTR.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Thank you again for the additional details! :) Yeah, that makes sense. We don't play expecting issues, thankfully. I am still trying to recreate the issue on my end with no luck. But these details are really good to know. I will try to follow those same steps to see if it causes my game to crash as well.

It's possible it might have just been a one off instance if you haven't ran into the issue again. If it does happens again, please feel free to let me know. I would of course love to try to help if possible. But you've already done a ton by sharing all of these details so far, so thank you again!
You don't have any error.txt or traceback inside your game folder?
I forgot it saves it there. I'll keep that in mind as well! Thanks cebs!

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Thank you again for the additional details! :) Yeah, that makes sense. We don't play expecting issues, thankfully. I am still trying to recreate the issue on my end with no luck. But these details are really good to know. I will try to follow those same steps to see if it causes my game to crash as well.

It's possible it might have just been a one off instance if you haven't ran into the issue again. If it does happens again, please feel free to let me know. I would of course love to try to help if possible. But you've already done a ton by sharing all of these details so far, so thank you again!

I forgot it saves it there. I'll keep that in mind as well! Thanks cebs!
Here is my traceback file. Maybe it will help.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Here is my traceback file. Maybe it will help.
Thank you! Could you do me another favor? Could you check to see if you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game? I have usually only seen this traceback error when someone is playing on the 0.9.4 version of the main game and not the 0.9.4b version.

If your main folder of the game has been renamed, it might be difficult to tell. If your main game version is compressed, you can check your "game" folder and see if the "update94a" folder is present or not. If it is not present, then you're playing on the 0.9.4 version. However, if you're not playing on the compressed version, then your image folders won't be accessible that way.

There is another way to check, which would be to remove the SAZMOD folder from the "game" folder. This uninstalls the SAZmod. That way you can start up The Tyrant regularly and then click on About in the Main Menu, which will show what version you are playing.

Should you find that you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game, you just need to download the 0.9.4b patch from the main game's OP, or the full version download. cebs has provided a compressed version of the main game on their thread, as well as a compressed version with the SAZmod already installed on this thread. (I just remembered I need to add a link to his post for that on the OP for this thread, so I will do that now as well.)

Thank you again for sharing that, it does indeed help!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Patreon Reward Images Add-on Progress Update:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello everyone! As I mentioned earlier, I have already started working on the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. I just thought I would share with you my general progress and some work-in-progress pictures that I have created and is functioning for the project so far.

Welcome to The Tyrant's social media platform: The Apeist!
Apeist_logo_color_small.png

Through this platform, the characters of The Tyrant will post "Bananas" to share pictures with their friends and family.

After installing the Patreon Reward Images Add-on you will be able to turn on this feature in the phone's cheat menu.
Apeist003_arrow.jpg

You will then find The Apeist icon on the phone's main menu.
Apeist004_arrow.jpg

As you play the game and unlock new images, you will find them here (I'm still working out the notification system).
Apeist005.jpg

You will be able to choose to view the Love or Corruption reactions, and when applicable, the NTR reactions will appear with the 4 Darker Path's icons (and in some cases a NTR version of the image will take it's place or there will be some NTR images that are on their own as they are not counterparts to other scenes).

After you have chosen a version to view, there will be corresponding reaction posts to the image below (this is just example dialogue, not final).
Apeist006.jpg

You simply press the close button at the bottom of the phone to go back to the previous screen. You will also be able to click on an image to see it in a larger format.
Apeist007.jpg

The Apeist social media platform watermarks all posts in the lower right hand corner, (my way of taking care of the "Patreon Reward Image" text in an in-game way). You just click on the image again to close it and return to the previous screen.

Well, that is all I have so far. I hope you all have enjoyed your peek at The Apeist platform. It's still going to take a while to finish all of this. There are 148 regular images and 118 NTR images I need to program in, create dialogue for, and figure out exactly where they fit timeline wise in the game and so on.

I decided to go a bit goofy with the social media platform, I find those things gimmicky anyways. I know that it probably won't please everyone, but I'm going with it. :p

I wish you all the very best! I hope you're doing well and being safe out there.

Last edited:

Raknor

May 12, 2019
Thank you! Could you do me another favor? Could you check to see if you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game? I have usually only seen this traceback error when someone is playing on the 0.9.4 version of the main game and not the 0.9.4b version.

If your main folder of the game has been renamed, it might be difficult to tell. If your main game version is compressed, you can check your "game" folder and see if the "update94a" folder is present or not. If it is not present, then you're playing on the 0.9.4 version. However, if you're not playing on the compressed version, then your image folders won't be accessible that way.

There is another way to check, which would be to remove the SAZMOD folder from the "game" folder. This uninstalls the SAZmod. That way you can start up The Tyrant regularly and then click on About in the Main Menu, which will show what version you are playing.

Should you find that you are playing on the 0.9.4 version of the game, you just need to download the 0.9.4b patch from the main game's OP, or the full version download. cebs has provided a compressed version of the main game on their thread, as well as a compressed version with the SAZmod already installed on this thread. (I just remembered I need to add a link to his post for that on the OP for this thread, so I will do that now as well.)

Thank you again for sharing that, it does indeed help!
A while ago, probably back when you released your new update (9.4 or whatever) I had some major issues with the game. For your mod, I created a new game folder for your mod, dragged and copied the original game into it and then added your mod. That way I don't have to worry about removing your mod to play the new version (if he ever releases a new one) and not having access to your mod. But, as I mentioned, I had some issues. So, I deleted both games and downloaded the full version of the game. I then once again, copied and pasted the game into your mod's folder and then installed your mod into it. The original game shows it is 0.9.4b. So, since I copied it over, it should be the 'b' version. Now, unless taking your "Official" version and dropping it on top of the old, non-official version would have done it, you are getting the newest game.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
A while ago, probably back when you released your new update (9.4 or whatever) I had some major issues with the game. For your mod, I created a new game folder for your mod, dragged and copied the original game into it and then added your mod. That way I don't have to worry about removing your mod to play the new version (if he ever releases a new one) and not having access to your mod. But, as I mentioned, I had some issues. So, I deleted both games and downloaded the full version of the game. I then once again, copied and pasted the game into your mod's folder and then installed your mod into it. The original game shows it is 0.9.4b. So, since I copied it over, it should be the 'b' version. Now, unless taking your "Official" version and dropping it on top of the old, non-official version would have done it, you are getting the newest game.
Thanks for checking! This could be the first time we've ran into that error then on this version of the game sadly. :( The Traceback says it could not locate file 'update94a/town/club/7pm 000d.jpg'. That means it was looking for that image in that folder and for some reason it could not locate it. The usual reason for that is because it hasn't updated to the 0.9.4b version of the main game, as that image was added with that update. So where you are playing with the 0.9.4b version of the main game, I'm afraid I'm at a loss at what could be causing it, because I can't recreate the issue on my side still.

But if you haven't ran into the issue again. It's possible it was just RenPy acting up. That does happen on rare occasion. But if the issue does persist, I would probably recommend a fresh install of the main game in a new location, just to be safe and then a reinstall of the mod. Or using cebs compressed version with the mod pre-installed.

Of course you may have already resolved this on your end and you've just been helping me with the extra details I asked for. In either case, thank you so much again for reporting this! And for giving me these extra details. Even if I can't always figure out a solution, or at least a clear one, it really helps to get these kind of details when people run into issues so I can know how to better assist others in the future. :)

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
Patreon Reward Images Add-on Progress Update:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello everyone! As I mentioned earlier, I have already started working on the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. I just thought I would share with you my general progress and some work-in-progress pictures that I have created and is functioning for the project so far.

Welcome to The Tyrant's social media platform: The Apeist!
View attachment 1923232

Through this platform, the characters of The Tyrant will post "Bananas" to share pictures with their friends and family.

After installing the Patreon Reward Images Add-on you will be able to turn on this feature in the phone's cheat menu.
View attachment 1923237

You will then find The Apeist icon on the phone's main menu.
View attachment 1923240

As you play the game and unlock new images, you will find them here (I'm still working out the notification system).
View attachment 1923241

You will be able to choose to view the Love or Corruption reactions, and when applicable, the NTR reactions will appear with the 4 Darker Path's icons (and in some cases a NTR version of the image will take it's place or there will be some NTR images that are on their own as they are not counterparts to other scenes).

After you have chosen a version to view, there will be corresponding reaction posts to the image below (this is just example dialogue, not final).
View attachment 1923244

You simply press the close button at the bottom of the phone to go back to the previous screen. You will also be able to click on an image to see it in a larger format.
View attachment 1923245

The Apeist social media platform watermarks all posts in the lower right hand corner, (my way of taking care of the "Patreon Reward Image" text in an in-game way). You just click on the image again to close it and return to the previous screen.

Well, that is all I have so far. I hope you all have enjoyed your peek at The Apeist platform. It's still going to take a while to finish all of this. There are 148 regular images and 118 NTR images I need to program in, create dialogue for, and figure out exactly where they fit timeline wise in the game and so on.

I decided to go a bit goofy with the social media platform, I find those things gimmicky anyways. I know that it probably won't please everyone, but I'm going with it. :p

I wish you all the very best! I hope you're doing well and being safe out there.
Love all of this. But I hate monkeys. Torn I am.....

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
0.9.4b "Official" Mod Update Release
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Everyone! I've finally finished the "Official" 0.9.4b update. This moves the 0.9.4b "Beta" version over to the "Official" release. This includes all of the Hotfixes from the Beta release as well as the items listed below in the changelog notes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is one change listed up above that I wanted to go over in detail for our Linux users. I have fixed the issue where the mod saves were being stored in second "RenPy" folder, separate from the normal "renpy" folder that other RepPy games use. So the mod will now store those saves in the intended location, but you will need to go into the old "RenPy" folder and locate the "TheTyrant-SAZMOD" folder. You can then move the saves located in there to the "renpy" folder and into the "TheTyrant-SAZMOD" in that location. Again, this is just for Linux users. I'm sorry it takes a few manual steps to complete the fix, but from this point forward this should no longer be an issue.

There will be two download links down below. One will be an upgrade version, so if you have the current 0.9.4b version of the mod, you can use that to upgrade it to the "Official" version. I will have the upgrade version available for a couple of months and then the full "Official" release will be the only release option available, like I did with the 0.9.1 "Official" mod release. The other version, will be the afore mentioned full 0.9.4b "Official" mod release. Install instructions for both version are in the downloads. Please read them as the process for installing the upgrade patch is different than installing the full mod version.

That should be all. Thank you again everyone for you input and supportive words and patience. As always, it is appreciated! I will update the OP with this links and the changelog as well.

0.9.4b Beta to Official Upgrade Patch - 30.7 MB -
0.9.4b Official Mod Full Release - 467.9 MB -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0.9.4b Beta to Official Upgrade Patch - 30.7 MB -
0.9.4b Official Mod Full Release - 467.9 MB -
*the workupload links will be active for 60 days

*Hopefully all goes smoothly with this release. My next step after this, as I mentioned before, will be starting work on the Patreon Reward Images Add-on. :D
DUDE YOU ARE LEGEND-ERY!

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
It's interesting there are random little differences like the little sister not actually sticking her tongue out at the dining table, even though the description says she does. I wonder how many of the original renders were removed by the mod?
I actually haven't removed any original renders. But I have added some edited variations of some of the original renders for different paths. Such as when Nicole is getting fucked by Davide in the Kitchen, I added a tearful variation for the Revenge and Sadist paths to show it was against her will in those paths. I also added some original renders that are in the game, but not included in gameplay in the main game, such as the first scene with Kate in the Gym.

I remembered that scene too, so I checked out the original renders and code and compared it to my mod's code and it seems like the original game's code as well as mine has that dialogue discrepancy.

It looks like in the original game it has a line about her tongue sticking out, but still doesn't show a render with her actually doing it. My mod does that same thing. I also found a typo in my version ("It's" when it should be "Is"). I will likely be changing this line to have it make more sense as she doesn't actually stick out her tongue in the original render.

Thank you for pointing this out so I could fix this! :) I'll add this to the next HotFix that gets released.

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes