Mod Ren'Py The Tyrant: S A Z Mod [Update 0.9.4b Official][Mod][S A Z]

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Minor update to Event List pdf - Clarifying the 11pm and 12pm Basement scenes with Nicole, Davide, and Bruce. (Just listening in events, no images)

I'll also add a link to the main post for the event list. Thank you to all of you trying the mod and helping it be better. :)

Adrian24

May 25, 2017
SAZ I don't know if you will mod music that plays in the game, but this one would be perfect for all basement sex scenes :devilish::
Lordi - Naked in My Cellar

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
SAZ I don't know if you will mod music that plays in the game, but this one would be perfect for all basement sex scenes :devilish::
I'm not sure adding copyrighted material is a great idea.

Adrian24

May 25, 2017
Other games have added songs. The game "Son of a bitch" has a song played when you are on the title screen.
Besides, you don't need to add whole song, just a melody and maybe a couple of catchiest verses on repeat.

S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Other games have added songs. The game "Son of a bitch" has a song played when you are on the title screen.
Besides, you don't need to add whole song, just a melody and maybe a couple of catchiest verses on repeat.
@Adrian24 I totally agree, that would be awesome for those scenes!
@numanumani I agree with this too. I am trying to avoid anything that might bring me unwanted stress, such as dealing with any legal action that might occur, however unlikely.

But there is a slick way to put your own custom tracks into the game so that you can create your own soundtrack to fit your tastes.

Saddog added user.rpy, which for some reason I forgot to include in my mod files, but this is where you can add your custom music to the game. I'll attach that file to this post.

There is a few things you'll need to do.
  • Create a folder named "bgm" inside the "game" folder for The Tyrant
  • Add your desired music for your custom soundtrack into that folder *Needs to be .mp3 format
  • Download user.rpy from here and put inside the "game" folder for The Tyrant
  • Open user.rpy with a text or code editor
    • Remove # from the "init python:" line of code
    • Remove # from the "mr.add("01 Tubthumping", always_unlocked=True)" to make that line active
    • Now replace "01 Tubthumping" with the name of the first song you want add to your custom soundtrack
      • So if your song's file name is Naked in my cellar.mp3:
        • "01 Tubthumbing" should be replaced with "Naked in my cellar" - leaving out the .mp3 at the end
    • Your new line should now look like this:
      • "mr.add("Naked in my cellar", always_unlocked=True)"
    • Do these same steps for any other songs you want to add to your soundtrack
      • Remove # and change name to corrispond with song name in "bgm" folder
After you've made all the changes to user.rpy save the file and start up the game. You'll now be able to play the custom music with the music control icons in upper left hand of the screen. If you want to go back to the original soundtrack you can reactivate that in the MC's room.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any issues adding your songs to the game if you decide to give it a try. :)

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
I know I'm a bit of a downer here, I just don't think it's worth the risk. While it is a fitting pick if you like the music genre, I'd say that music is secondary to the visual and story content. Both which are original and non-infringing, afaik. (well, mostly not infringing... it wasn't the dev who posted the game on this site, but they do post public versions elsewhere)

In the end @S A Z solved it in a smart way letting you, the end user, add whatever music you have at hand yourself.
Kudos to that! (y)

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
I know I'm a bit of a downer here, I just don't think it's worth the risk. While it is a fitting pick if you like the music genre, I'd say that music is secondary to the visual and story content. Both which are original and non-infringing, afaik. (well, mostly not infringing... it wasn't the dev who posted the game on this site, but they do post public versions elsewhere)
Yeah, I play all games with sound off. Sometimes soundtracks are annoying and some special effects ruin immersion.

Reactions: Knight2416

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Yeah, I play all games with sound off. Sometimes soundtracks are annoying and some special effects ruin immersion.
Yup I am usually a sound off guy as well since not everybody has my excellent taste in music etc. If I hate a soundtrack then the sound goes off. One exception to that I can think off of the top of my head was Depraved Awakening where the soundtrack suited and added to the ambience that particular game.

Daniel1136

May 17, 2018
How do you do the subway bit for nicole, if i skip weekend i get put to monday and i wait till 2 am and nothing happends

Daniel1136

May 17, 2018
S A Z is always quick to reply to questions, how he remembers all the requirements for scenes I ahve not idea.
Im not to sure still, i skipped weekend and had really low relationship and still wont get it, btw skipping the weekend will put me to Monday

4.90 star(s) 50 Votes