VN - Ren'Py - The Way Love Goes [Ch. 26] [Naughty Skunk Games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Naps-On-Dirt

25 chapters in and the very first chapter is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, dev apparently doesn't believe in spellcheck, proofreaders, or fixing things.
    MC's inner monologue is so full of cringe that I didn't make it far enough into the story to meet the first daughter.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Anteron

Way too much blue balling for long parts of this game. Characters act like they are mentally retarded making the "hihihi" laughing at everything a lot. Also can't avoid certain characters - the way things go is too much like a kinetic novel without having any real branching. Overall below average.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Shadrag7

You can only choose what side character you are interested in but your choices regarding the 3 main characters are completely meaningless. Its basically a kinetic novel. This game gives you the illusion of having choices but forces you on characters you may not like.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

connor1518

I'm going to have to give up on this VN. It was already average before latest up date.

Yet another MC who has a base ball bat for a dick. More over compensating.

Lily's boobs were already bigger than I prefer, the aunt's were way too big. Then along comes Falisha or something like that, whose boobs are so big they're nasty looking, strike 2. Time and gravity are not going to be kind.

I don't mind slow burns but waiting on things to progress with Nina and Lily has gotten frustrating and as I said another woman who is very unattractive is tossed in instead of more content with Nina and Lily.

The whole forced sex with Bella when she drugged him wasn't necessary. Drugging is one thing but the sex scene simply wasn't needed. She rapes the MC then has the audacity to show up on his door step and later wants sex in a bathroom. Are you kidding?

Another pet peeve is not having the option for a cream pie rather than a body shot, pregnancy be damned. Frankly I'd rather have that than a body shot.

This VN finally pushed my patience too far. It's too bad, in the beginning I really thought it could be a good one.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

shadyAFC

Story and visuals aren't bad but the dialog in the sex scenes is terrible, the MC speaks to the girls like they're his grandchildren with shit like "Can I lick your penis?"...."Of course you can, Sweetie"
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ThaDude1977

Well just got through the current content. I have to say amazing work. I loved it. Sure it wasn't perfect. I can name a few complaints but that is said with just about any VN on this site. The good out weighs the bad by far. The lighting could be better. Not letting the player know what the MC knows in chapter 17? Was it? The lesbian hitting on Megan, Her getting drunk and leaving MC blue balled then him having to finish off by him self "Of course she said he could use her to finish off" while she slept was creepy. That kinda killed the vibe for me. But the good picked right back up next day so no biggie. All in all i liked it very much. An easy 4/5 stars could be a 5/5 if those things i mentioned was fixed. Excellent writing by the way author has talent. I like the MC he's not a dumb, horny teenager like most VNs. Good character i think. I love all the main Li's I would definitely recommend to any one that loves Romance.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Tjdreams

Awesome game, slow burn, great bods (although aunt's melons are way too big). Animations are nice but short. This story has plenty content and story is very believable on the local level, less so globally, vis-a-vis "the secret big brother evil multinational organization".
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Quetzzz

Review after playing Chapter 23

During the earlier chapter, I wouldn't have rated this game 3, maybe not even 2 stars. The later chapters, however, almost seem like they're by a different dev entirely. Those by themselves, I'd rate almost 4 stars.

A big criticism about this game in general, is the lack of meaningful choices. While the game does have choices, the follow-up and follow-through for them is missing. Looking at the code, the game has almost 100 choices, and 15 if-statements. This implies that most choices only have very short-term effects.

Sometimes, choices are flat-out ignored. The MC will admit to Megan that they kissed, even if the player chose not to kiss her while she was drunk.
    Worse, there's even a fake choice, where you get a game-over and return to the main screen, if you pick the wrong answer about an activity.

In the early game, many of the erotic/intimate encounters are forced, luckily this is done away with quickly. At least for side-characters. It's possible to decline or postpone intimate scenes with the main 3 women, but most of their scenes are unavoidable.
    There's one specific intimate scene in the later game that's unavoidable, where the MC gets drugged and sexually assaulted by a side character. Up to that point, it was possible to avoid any penetrative sex, in case you wanted your first time to be with a specific Love Interest.

There's a ton of criticism to have about the first half of the current game. The writing is sloppy, repetitive and amateurish. "ha ha", "he he", "hi hi", and all of their variations are overused, and written instead of shown. The MC himself is written as a blank slate, without personality. And the player doesn't get enough choices or options to fill in this personality. If the player chooses not to spy on someone, the MC will rationalize this as not wanting to get caught, instead of it being morally wrong.

Later, much of this improves. Gone are the written laughs, instead we get dialog that flows better, is easy to follow and pleasant to read... For the most part. MC still has a weird fixation on combining the weirdest words to call his penis, or to yell out when climaxing. He'll even go so far as to tell Nina that calling it a penis is weird, and that he prefers "meat tube" or "tube steak" instead (among others).

In the latest few chapters, it almost seems as if MC is growing a personality. I say almost because he's still looking for excuses, and lies to the other women about what he's doing with each of them.

One of my biggest pet-peeves with this game is how the main story is handled. The game keeps information from the player that the MC is privy to. He'll read documents and come to a conclusion, he'll confront someone, then forgives them and declares his eternal love... All while keeping the player in the dark about their exact involvement. I can only guess that the writer didn't manage to come up with a convincing plot here. But seeing how important this character is to the game, I think the writer made a mistake here by keeping players in the dark. This strategy could (and has, in my case) backfire, making the character unlikeable, and making players resentful towards the game or dev about having this character still forced on them.

Animations... There isn't much to be said about these. Most animations are short loops, though most intimate scenes have at least two of these. While the quality improves over the course of the game, they're still not on par. Animations in the early game have a low frame rate and are grainy, in the later game, the dev switched to WebP, which improved that aspect of their quality considerably.
    However, movement remains robotic, there's clipping, and bodies remain fairly rigid and slide against each other instead of moving naturally.

Seeing how the dev has improved, makes me curious about future chapters. I'll keep playing, but I hope the dev takes some time to remaster the earlier chapters. I can imagine many people are put off when starting the game, and aren't willing to play until chapter 16-20 where things start to get good.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

darthvaper69

22 chapters
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    If you like slooooooooooow burn teasing shit then this is a VN for you, if not you might want to pass. Animations are poor, would have been better without them. MC is a wet fucking lettuce leaf. Absolutely no choices where there should be, that alone could have made it so much better. Really hard to recommend although I want to see where it all ends up.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Dident really enjoy the story much and the lack of meaningfull choices is what pretty much ruined the game, i mean why give the option for flirt or sexual reply....where is the fuck off option when you dont want anything to do with the LI.

I just cant stand when LIs are forced on you as the player, thats also why i dont do kinetic games ever, so playing a game like this where you should have choices and still get forced to sexual scenes with LIs you hate is pointless and might as well be kinetic.

Having Megan constantly pushed onto you is so annoying why cant i just get the option to tell her to fuck off, you would think the game would get the idea when you have turned her down 50 times but no you still end out doing sexual things with her.....

Also never been a fan of a MC with a 12 year old mindset, it gets annoying to read and impossible to put your self in hes shoes while playing.

Animations are at best average.

As to the LIs there was very few i liked, mostly since i hate big tits which dident help since it keeps forceing you to sex scenes with big tits, so hole game ended out to just be one big turn-off for me personaly.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Tomy75

First, you have to know that The Way Love Goes is not a choice-driven visual novel, only one playthrough is enough to get all the content and scenes. The developer doesn’t really care how you choose to act with the girls, the love points you gain or lose with each of them DO NOT affect the scenario at all, the developer has already decided for you. For example, I’ve tried a playthrough where I choose all the negative decisions with Megan while choosing all the positive ones with Nina and Lily, and… nothing changed at all from another playthrough where I chose all the positive decisions with all the girls.

The story itself is not too bad (romance and secrets), except for one f*cking big problem: the MC knows a lot about his parents and Megan’s past/present dark secrets but YOU, as the player who takes the role of the MC (well, that’s how it usually works), knows nothing about those secrets, they are all kept behind the scene. I’ve played hundreds of VNs and this is the first and only time where I see the MC keeping secrets from the player, this is totally against the immersive feeling you usually get in VNs.

Renders: they are of rather poor quality in the first chapters but get better with time.

Animations: they are of poor quality from chapter 1 to chapter 21 (current update) but it’s still a little better than seeing only a couple of renders during a sex scene.

Before downloading the game, just know that one chapter = one in-game day, so don’t expect too much content even if it all started in July 2021. As of now, September 2023, you will only see 20 in-game days (some are a bit shorter than others) and half a day for chapter 21.

I also have to mention that a lot of players are complaining about the lack of vaginal/anal sex with the main love interests (4 girls if you include Bella because I think she will have a big role in the future), and they’re right, you will mainly see handjobs and blowjobs, but (spoiler alert) from chapter 20 onward, it starts to change, you will even see the very first creampie in chapter 21.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Blubberino

Twenty chapters. 20. And somehow the author managed for them to have neither a lot of story nor sex. Truely an outstanding achievement because usually when the complaint about too little content comes up for long games like this, only one of the two things is missing.

On top of that, this has to be one of the most obnoxious MC's I have encountered yet. He is supposed to be an experienced guy in his mid-twenties but his thoughts and actions are those of a 14 year old. That also shows in how he handles it when the girls lie to him, betray his trust or are just huge cunts in general. He will just smile and nod and be happy.

Going in having read the other reviews I was thinking "it can't be so bad", especially because I have no problems with slow-burn games.

But the other reviews were not exaggerating. There really is no redeeming quality except for the renders which are really nice for the most part and are also the reason this is not a 1-star review.

Only play this if you like being teased by a story that goes nowhere, an MC dumber than a slice of bread and main LI's that have basically 0 progress in over two years of game development.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

wpeale71341

Wow 19 chapters of dick tease with an occasional non family member fuck thrown in just tp kee[ you hanging in hoping for more. Well there is some kind of story there. What kind is not really apparent yet as the story develops at about the same pace of the MC actually his oversize penis inside of a female in this game.

The fema;es look great even if they are of the oversized breast variety for the majority of them. I also they are mostly of the Mexican hairless variety as well which I find sadly disappointing. However the fact that they are all slutty as hell in the way they act the poor MC can't get past the front entry of their nether regions. There are exactly, count em on your fingers, one hands worth of outside sex experiences for him. That makes this 19 chapters of dick teases. He may actually get some from his cousins and his Aunt by chapter 30 the way this one is being written.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Obi Wan Jenobi

It's been almost 2 years since the release of this game and the fact of the matter is that we have reached 19 chapters, and in those 19 chapters has been but an utter waste of time. why do I call it a waste? maybe it's because there's a lack of Vaginal Sex with the main characters, all the while the only time we had actual Sex was with side characters that anyone couldn't give 2 shits about. From my point of view, We should've had a sex scene with Lily by now. Nina would probably come after that. and then Megan would be saved for last. which wouldn't be too shocking, Still though. We're about to reach chapter 20 and I would say it's definitely time to step up and implement a Big event. at least with Lily, if anything she would seem the most willing to take part in Vaginal Sex in the next chapter. I like the game a lot and I don't want it to fail, but all I see is wasted potential. I would say this is a wake-up call for this game to get on the right path. I said my piece.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Sababukin

Don't be fooled player, the points you earn by talking to girls in this game are just there for the sake of being, completely irrelevant.
    If you like games where you have control and sleep with those you want this is not the game for you, I give this rating because I feel cheated.
    Spoilers ALERT!
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Recommended to avoid.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Lientu

You may be know a character Smoothface McDickus, so it's a story about his brother, Braindead Longshlong.

only thing i liked is 3 main girls(looks only) rest of this .. creation is bad. bad in a sense of so bad it's funny and just bad.

writing is bad as well, i hope i don't get banned for calling this stuff writing

You may think, "wtf? can't be THAT bad!" yes it can. oh boi it can. heavy cases of copy/paste, you can check this yr self, mc talk with one of girls about pc hacking and ask her if she is from anonymous, she say ... bla-bla-bla. one or two chapters later, same ppl, same dialog word to word, just different place...???? how the fuck can you be this lazy? do you know what is synonym? you can apply same to whole sentences, keep meaning just use different words ffs.
    also all this he-he and hi-hi... (picard double facepalm)... you know, if enstead of this you can put something like, she smiled. etc. it's ok to put "he-he" once here and there, but not every second line. what we suppose to think when reading all this he-he and ha-ha? why are they laughing all the time? i don't know, but i have bad feeling that these characters are escapees from mental instituition or stoned, "up in smoke" 24/7
    also... this grey text, what was there? sitting two meters away from monitor couldn't see shit, grey text on dark backgound 90% of time, "best" idea ever. is italic not enaugh to sepparate thoughts and vocal words? for me, grey text = click-click-click.

ok. let me describe you MC.

about 26-28 years old manbaby with heave case of schizophrenia. absolutely braindead fucker. in one scene he acts like grown adult, compliments girls like pro gigolo, "next" scene he... no))) after every ejaculation, mc "swearing like a sailor", but words he knows are from kindergarden. this clown is all over the place. on multiply ocasions mc blabing about how their(girls) safty is his priority... though you may already guessed))) i say it... he found the cave, he was told by locals that "something" going on and it's better not to go there. and.... this victim of fail abortion... going in the cave... with girls... multiply times.
    i deleted this, ...game with no choises or vn with no n, somewhere around cave "adventures". but not only because of this, i also not a fun of this new genre. i could understand slowburn, but noburn?
    WHAT? yes ppl) it's fucking NOBURN. i deleted this around ch 13-15, and mc dick was nowhere near any of three main holes. if this is not an massive NOBURN i don't know what is.

efforts was put to made this. value as vn = 1 star, and only because i liked some girls. i hope this will have great learning value for autor and his/her next vn will be great.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Cold22

Almost 0 choices in early chapter sex scenes. Even if you're not interested in the side characters, you are "forced" to have sexual relations with them. This feels really horrible and a huge turn off.

Woman proportions are also insane and unrealistic as hell.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

mmmonsterkill

considering the ratings and intro i was expecting a shitshow but i was boored so tried it and was pleasantly suprised.

the intro premise is still giga retarded "yeah i was the laziest piece of shit there ever was so i was imprompto thrown out of the house at 16 but i hold no grudges" especially since that entire part seems to be glossed over and could have a way better explanation for being gone for 10 years. but other than that i enjoyed it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Phyxios

This game is excellent, the story is good and the character developement is strong and they are also very aesthetically pleasing. This game is not intended for those who want to have a full on sex scene every chapter (There is sex, ignore those reviews that say there isn't any) but intended for those who enjoy the more drawn our experience.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

helplessj

I followed this game for a long time and am very disappointed with what it has become. I enjoyed the plot and characters at the beginning and had some good growth. However at this point there is little to no movement on anything. The conflict has had small sprinkles of stuff but no real movement. The relationships are ungodly slow moving full of teasing and some foreplay when by this point you should be fucking at least one of the main LI's on the regular if not multiple of them. Hell you don't even really get side action. Updates also seem to be getting smaller. Play at your own risk. If you like extremely slow burn games then this isn't bad for everyone else I would advise to play one of the thousands of other games with similar tags on the site.