VN Ren'Py Completed The Wilting Amaranth [Reine Works]

ZARDOZ7

You pissed John?
Feb 28, 2018
nutaku-the-writhing-amaranth-1024x576.jpg
Overview:

The Wilting Amaranth is a yuri-oriented (that is to say, girl-on-girl) adult visual novel featuring three different women who cross paths at a mysterious witch’s tower. Each of the ladies in the game is dealing with their own troubles in life, and these problems are complicated by the fact that they’re a bit more interested in the girl next door than the hunky lumberjack down the way.

In terms of the story, this Nutaku title took a bit of inspiration from the story of Rapunzel according to the developers. While they very well could have followed this classic tale to a T, they used it for a rough inspiration and then decided to flesh out the plot lines with their own original spin on the classic tale.

The game features 2 character routes, 13 different endings, and 3-5 hours of visual novel-style gameplay. As with many Nutaku titles, this particular game is DRM-free. If you’re curious about the lewd stuff in the game, The Writhing Amaranth has over 10 CG scenes with variations, all completely uncensored. Players can also opt to use the game’s “underwear mode”, which puts the girls in their undergarments 24/7. Because hey, why not?​

Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: - - - -

2_595.jpg 4_595.jpg 6_595.jpg 9_595.jpg 10_595.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Pretty nice looking character art in the screenshots there, this should be worth a go. Thanks for sharing.

sonhot

Apr 29, 2017
The arts from yuri themed games are so phenomenal 9 out of 10 times. Too bad they're not my cup of tea.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

DarthLAX

Oct 28, 2017
Nice art and lesbians are great to look at (in some cases, unless they are third wave feminist lesbians who hate men)

Not that I hate gay-men, mind you - but I don't necessarily want to look at them!

Jan 10, 2018
Warning: Spoilers throughout this entire post.

Okay, everything with Isolde is nice and happy and fluffy (bar the single ending where she snaps, kills Priya, and locks you up in perpetuity for your own safety), but... Oh my goodness, why on Earth is everything about Priya's route so... Yikes D: .

I mean, set aside all the times she kills you. Bad ends happen, and it's established that Priya's a bit of a dubious character. Set aside the times she kills Isolde. It was why she was there to begin with. Set aside the times she kills you and Isolde. She's a bad person like that.

Why the devil does her intimate scene happen just after she kills Isolde with Isolde's blood still on her clothing.

Is the game trying to make you feel guilty for doing Priya's route? Because it did a darned good job. I'm a bit of a completionist by nature, but I certainly couldn't finish the final remaining ending when I saw her walk into my bedroom like that.

Maybe it feels different if you did Priya's route before Isolde's but... Yeah. There are very few endings on her end that don't make you feel like a total heel. Like, two.

That said, Isolde's route is nice and sweet, mostly; but it does kind of rely on a shy, sweet character being appealing to you. If that's not your thing, I don't know that I could recommend the game, though it's short enough that any fan of the genre might as well try it anyway. Personally, I actually preferred Priya's personality, just... Uh... Not enough to make out with her just after she murdered a harmless character I did still like so that she could make a few bucks.

Also, the ending where Isolde and Priya end up together was pretty cute (if mildly infuriating) as well - it would have been nice to have a scene for the two of them as well, but I can understand why there wasn't. ...Of course, it's also a bit worrisome in hindsight, if you go back to see what the "I love her" option resulted in, instead of the "I trust her". ...Nice touch describing the bouncing pink hair on her dead body there, by the way. Certainly not going to have nightmares tonight or anything, despite having just enjoyed a nice light fluffy route about becoming Isolde's apprentice.

It's just... It's like two games taped together. One sweet enough to give you cavities, and the other ready to rip your teeth out without warning after kicking you in the gut. The whiplash if you weren't aware of it was quite severe.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
The arts from yuri themed games are so phenomenal 9 out of 10 times. Too bad they're not my cup of tea.
Nick Jordan Beja was the artist on this one. He'd also done a few games for... Dharker Studio, I think it was? Well, I know he was an artist for , , and the . This honestly looks to be his best work yet.

Another really good artist to look out for, if you like the sweet n' fluffy kind of yuri, is Rosuuri. They did the art for , which is fantastic. Another one to check out is . The writing on those are pretty decent, as well as sharing some characters and references.

I also dig some of the stuff Ebi-hime has developed, especially . Art like I've never seen before. And a good romance story, too.

CuteTrapFeet

Dec 28, 2019
This is a charming game but i am afraid the results of your decisions don't make any sense. For example, spoiler warning, you make a choice that you should love or trust the bounty hunter girl. She seemingly pretends to be in love with the witch, supposedly to save you. If your feelings for her turn out to be love and you wait for her, she turns out to be a cold blooded killer and when she arrives at your room she has already disposed of the witch and also betrays you and murders you without a hint of remorse, in order to double up her bounty.

Now the funny thing is that if you choose to trust her which means abandoning her and bailing btw , when she arrives at your room and you aren't there, the witch is with her this time and it turns out her love with her... was real? So not only does she not murder the witch for the bounty this time around but she also ends up all lovey dovey with her? It makes absolutely no sense that my characters feeling, which nobody knew of, would affect reality so drastically. Tell me isn't waiting for her to escape together real trust? And this is just one example. I really don't mind the yandere aspect at all i actually love yanderes but the whole randomness of what happens makes it hard to enjoy.

Last edited: