Unity - Theanthria [June 10 - Pre-Alpha] [Hectocacto]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Playfulpetfox

May 15 - Pre Alpha

This game is hilariously awful in its current state. It gets 1 entire star for having a somewhat fun idea, and that's it. The performance is dreadful, the map is equally awful to both look at and navigate, and the actual gameplay is just...not there. I didn't even manage to actually see a character that I'm supposed to be able to woo.

Every single tutorial message, which you get by activating your PC and waiting for it to eventually respond to your input, ends with asking you to support their Patreon. It's not the most desperate stuff I've seen, but it's pretty cringe. You want to know how the delivery system works? Be reminded of their Patreon. Want to know about the furniture system that isn't fully implemented yet? Get a reminder it's not done yet, but MIGHT get done if you help support on Patreon!

In a game focused on movement, which is actually what drew me into it in the first place, it sure is clunky and awful to move around the map. The map, as in the mini-map and its full sized variant, is also pretty poor. Just not helpful, obtuse in design, and more or less useless at large.

There's really not much of a game here right now. Between that and the performance, I don't know why you'd bother with this. I get that my RTX 2080 is apparently old enough to be considered antiquated by an increasing number of people, but it definitely shouldn't be struggling to run this game at 30fps. It makes Roblox's default assets look resource intensive. It is VERY important to note that the gifs shown if you click "SPOILER" on this page are of a different area entirely, NOT the map you see in game. It's incredibly misleading. I'm not sure if you unlock that zone or what, but that looks 50x better than the borderline AI generated cityscape you're dropped into.

I can't find a single good thing in this game aside from the idea itself. Is there potential? Yeah, sure. Is it going to ever be realized? Probably not, no.