VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Therapy Sessions [v1.0] [Spunky Ambassador]

1. 1.00 star(s)

zARRR

Review of v1.0

I don’t want to be too mean, but this visual novel is a primal example of how the execution of a story throughout writing is basically fundamental in every aspect.

The piece itself lasts less than 10 minutes; in which span of time, it tries to convey the tale of a man who turned depressed after the discovery of his wife’s infidelities, then with his therapist he will proceed to have revenge sex, and have a nice happy life afterwards.

Although the setting is neither original nor groundbreaking, if well executed it could twist and grow into a retrospective about the damage of depression, the violent passion of revenge sex, the spiral of auto destructive behavior or it could just be a kinky lighthearted story to cheer up your mood.

But the vn fails in both aspects, the traumatic and wholesome; trying to superficially explore themes or skipping at developing enough buildup to have a consequence or impact on the reader.

And the writing is a definitive proof about the importance of the rule “Show don’t tell”.
    Characters explicitly say what they are thinking or the actions they are doing (“I am having a great day!”, “I am buying a gift for my wife”).
    Spitting out robotic phrases which push coldly the plot, negating the actors any personality or psychological shades (which is ironic for the title).

The visuals, renders, sex scenes are just as shallow as the writing.

I don’t recommend it, if not to understand how poorly a story can be constructed.