VN Ren'Py Abandoned Thirst Island [v0.2] [Edgy Complex]

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
1618393712753.png

Overview:
Thirst Island is a way for the developers to train their respective fields. If you have feedback for improving the project, feel free to comment. We already have a range of new content planned that will be added into the game as we become capable to and find time to implement and make them .
You play as a young adult that gets involved in a plane crash. Now, finding himself on a desert island, he has to survive and find other survivors of the crash, and, who knows, maybe finding a secret or two hidden in the island.​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-12
Release Date: 2021-04-14
Developer: Edgy Complex -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win - Lin: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

aubrey.png emily.png EmilyBath.png sophia.png SophiaScene1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
Sorry, I looked to see how I had to do it and it said I had to ask for a request, but I guess I didn't understand it right then

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
excuse me for asking, but what are those "respective fields" you devs are "training" in?
Maybe I can point you to some helpful resources?

Yni

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2021
this seems like what would happen if I tried to put together a Ren'Py game... someone who has no development, artistic, or writing skills whatsoever
After all, it is necessary to somehow improve them. :D

Good luck with development, try not to abandon the project.

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
Heads are waaaayyy too big. I can still see them.
Noted, thank you.

Right after seeing the screens, I thought the developer was being sarcastic, then I realized he wasn't. :geek:

It needs to be worked on a bit due to the 'over the top' proportions, and the unbridled stroke used here.
The artist started drawing less than a year ago, we plan to redo the old drawings when he gets better.

excuse me for asking, but what are those "respective fields" you devs are "training" in?
Maybe I can point you to some helpful resources?
I am programming and writing the script (and designing something or other when necessary, like the banner). While the artist is called Ekinazak.
And yes, it would be great, we are here to improve!

this seems like what would happen if I tried to put together a Ren'Py game... someone who has no development, artistic, or writing skills whatsoever
And that is why we are here! So that we can receive constructive criticism. Next update I will try to rewrite what we already have in script and I would love to have you play again to tell me if you thought it improved!

After all, it is necessary to somehow improve them. :D

Good luck with development, try not to abandon the project.
We won't, at least I don't intend to leave. I have been told many times that it is good to have a project to focus on, so we will use this game to train as much as we can and improve it as much as possible as well.

Thx you!

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Noted, thank you.

The artist started drawing less than a year ago, we plan to redo the old drawings when he gets better.

I am programming and writing the script (and designing something or other when necessary, like the banner). While the artist is called Ekinazak.
And yes, it would be great, we are here to improve!

And that is why we are here! So that we can receive constructive criticism. Next update I will try to rewrite what we already have in script and I would love to have you play again to tell me if you thought it improved!

We won't, at least I don't intend to leave. I have been told many times that it is good to have a project to focus on, so we will use this game to train as much as we can and improve it as much as possible as well.

Thx you!
As a professional artist myself I can offer this advise to Ekinazak:
If you wish to continue to hand draw as a stylistic matter, there are three things I would advise to help you in drawing the human figure.

1. If you have Access/Time/Resources to do so, take a life drawing class. It will be fun and will also be the fastest way to improve your mastery of drawing the human figure.

2. Get a copy of " " - Nicolaides
(I also recommend - Betty edwards)

3. A good artist's anatomy reference, such as Constructive Anatomy by Bridgeman

So you know I am an artist:

p37.jpg

Keep at it! You will develop your own style and IT WILL BE GOOD!

trust me.

The Phoeniix

p29.gif

Reactions: FSDL

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
As a professional artist myself I can offer this advise to Ekinazak:
If you wish to continue to hand draw as a stylistic matter, there are three things I would advise to help you in drawing the human figure.

1. If you have Access/Time/Resources to do so, take a life drawing class. It will be fun and will also be the fastest way to improve your mastery of drawing the human figure.

2. Get a copy of " " - Nicolaides
(I also recommend - Betty edwards)

3. A good artist's anatomy reference, such as Constructive Anatomy by Bridgeman

So you know I am an artist:

View attachment 1144260

Keep at it! You will develop your own style and IT WILL BE GOOD!

trust me.

The Phoeniix

View attachment 1144264
Thanks for the tips, I have already passed them on. I will also take a look at these books myself, I draw only as a hobby but it is always good to improve.

tryox

Nov 2, 2017
Hey,

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism, I quickly reworked some of your art to show some issues. Basically, like everyone has said, proportions are quite a lot off.

For the characters on the right and the left the legs are huge. It's most shocking for the character on the left, with her very thin upper body.

The character in the center suffers from the opposite, her legs are way too thin for her upper body.

The blue outfit of the black haired girl is way too dark, it's pretty much impossible to make out any form.

There's a lot of other stuff that I changed also. (And quite some stuff that could use some improvement also, but would take up too much of my time)

An important thing to remember is that a drawing doesn't need to be realistic, it only needs to be credible. For example, I can't believe that the redhead can walk correctly.

Anyway, good luck with your game.

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
Hey,

Hope you don't mind some constructive criticism, I quickly reworked some of your art to show some issues. Basically, like everyone has said, proportions are quite a lot off.

For the characters on the right and the left the legs are huge. It's most shocking for the character on the left, with her very thin upper body.

The character in the center suffers from the opposite, her legs are way too thin for her upper body.

The blue outfit of the black haired girl is way too dark, it's pretty much impossible to make out any form.

There's a lot of other stuff that I changed also. (And quite some stuff that could use some improvement also, but would take up too much of my time)

An important thing to remember is that a drawing doesn't need to be realistic, it only needs to be credible. For example, I can't believe that the redhead can walk correctly.

Anyway, good luck with your game.
Don't worry, we are here to learn. I passed your message to the artist and we both thank you for spending some of your time to help us.

My drawings (non-characters) are being redone and by the next update all the backgrounds should be changed. And maybe the game icon as well.

As for Zak's drawings, the characters, they will probably take some time to be redone, we think it's better to give him some time to improve than remake them every week. However, we will take what you said into consideration for the next drawings, as well as when he will remake the characters.

And again, thanks for the help and for wishing us good luck, I hope we can exceed your expectations about our game.

GuiltLow

Sep 14, 2017
Don't worry, we are here to learn. I passed your message to the artist and we both thank you for spending some of your time to help us.

My drawings (non-characters) are being redone and by the next update all the backgrounds should be changed. And maybe the game icon as well.

As for Zak's drawings, the characters, they will probably take some time to be redone, we think it's better to give him some time to improve than remake them every week. However, we will take what you said into consideration for the next drawings, as well as when he will remake the characters.

And again, thanks for the help and for wishing us good luck, I hope we can exceed your expectations about our game.
His painting isn't so bad. Just tell him to download a game like custom maid and copy the proportions.

HolierKnight

Mar 6, 2019
His painting isn't so bad. Just tell him to download a game like custom maid and copy the proportions.
Unfortunately his laptop sucks, but maybe I'll try to find a similar program for it. Thanks for this tip and sorry for the delay in answering.
The next update is taking a while because I basically tried to improve everything, drew all the backgrounds, rewrote the story that was already done and added some things.
One of these things is a place for me to leave my questions about the current version and other things related to the game. So you can comment on what you think about it either here or on itch.io or some other site that I or someone else will put the game on in the future.