4.50 star(s) 56 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit. You need advice before this all gets way out of hand brother.

3DRComics, good morning. Bud, you're simply killing your efficiency and likely your sanity the way you are juggling the 12 scenarios of 6 base Player paths each with "GameMode" (so each of the 6 x2). There is no need for 6 different scripts each containing 2 different menu choice blocks per "mode". This is the most inefficient way to do all of this and your suffocating yourself with redundancy.

You only need one script... just one. Not 6, and not 6 with two of the same blocks of menu choices per choice due to "GameMode". A few basic coding steps will resolve all of this for you and keep you better organized, more efficient, and maintain your sanity... or you will lose it as the VN progresses at this rate imho:
  • Use the Player character (one of six) variable to isolate specific dialogue when needed. Most of the dialogue is the same across the board, so use the Player's base character variable to isolate the one-liners.
  • Use ConditionSwitch as needed to change images/scenes on a case by case basis... let the coding language and the CPU work for you, not against you.
  • Use Menu Choice variables to set all your Player character and "GameMode" into one menu choice block. This is how RenPy's choice coding was designed to be used. You are using it in its most basic form which is causing you to write multiple choice blocks that are almost identical for absolutely no reason.
There's more but those three things alone would solve almost all of your scripting problems... and keep your creative flow moving forward instead of stopping and duplicating everything 12 times each.... that's insanity... again, imho. You only need one script... one. And it's flow does not need to be broken due to having the different base Player characters nor any "modes" you are attempting to entertain.

Regards.
3DRComics, I will elaborate below in spoilers to minimize "wall of text" and for those who could care less.

Before anyone goes all pseudo-moderator on me for writing this know that what I'm doing by assisting the dev will only benefit you later. If he is more relaxed, efficient, and unburdened by his current methods then you'll get unbugged/quality updates faster. Plus there's folks who read these threads like Boehser Onkel and Abhai who are interested in these types of concepts.

Let's take point 1 of the 3 I listed in the above post and put into practice. There's many ways to skin a cat and I'll show you two for very important reasons:
  • The first (Method1 below) is so you fully understand the concept of combining the 6 scripts into 1, it's way more efficient than you are currently doing and it keeps you in the authoring/writing flow undeterred by stopping to make 5 more of the same thing.
  • The second (Method2 below) is a better way, even more efficient from the authoring point of view. I'd take it a step further advanced for SanchoMod standards but I don't want to lose you by going too far too fast. You can grasp this and you'll automatically be back to writing your story again rather than all the redundancy you currently face.
Details:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I sincerely hope this helps. It takes time for me to break away from what I'm doing so I don't write these types of posts without a sincere motivation to give proper advice that you can actually use.

Regards always.

Last edited:

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
In the hotel with Kayla the game has you go to sleep but it then goes through the same thing again but slightly different starting on the couch. I was quite confused. I believe I am also the 28 yr old too if that helps.

Loved the update tho.

Reactions: 3DRComics

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Fan Signatures

Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/03/2531720_Thirty_Days_1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/03/2531721_Thirty_Days_2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/03/2531722_Thirty_Days_3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/03/2531723_Thirty_Days_4.gif
Copy the respective code and paste it in instert image here https://f95zone.to/account/signature

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018
Is there a specific relation we're meant to use so the story makes sense? I know the description says you choose but surely this was written with a specific dynamic in mind.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
just tried this game and honestly not bad, great even. but the auto sex scene with eva seems annoying cause i cant watch it at my own pace. i understand why it was done the way it was but yeah i just wanted to go on my own pace. aside from that no issues as of yet.

Reactions: 3DRComics

Cazzan

Dec 11, 2022
I really, really like this game and the story. I do worry about whether it'll ever reach 30 days (or longer if that's the dev's plan), but I sincerely hope so. The story is very good, and the renders as well. There's a lot of spelling and grammar, but not so much that it's impossible to bear. My main fear is handling escalating complexity when the dev is not a coder/there is no coder on the team and the game seems very ambitious for this which is a huge red flag for getting abandoned at some point.

But I really hope I'm wrong and sometimes games buck the trend. For the record I would not mind helping with some proofreading if it would help. It's probably all RL leaves me time for ATM though.

Last edited:

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
3DRComics, I will elaborate below in spoilers to minimize "wall of text" and for those who could care less.

Thank you for this, I will look into the variable definitions as a lot of what you pointed out does help and does make sense.

But when it comes to the 6 different scripts...
If you look in the code originally it was 1 script to handle all routes, all that still exists to keep saves from breaking because the diverged script was created day 4.
doing it that way started to become an issue for me because I would end up with stacks like
if friend, if male, if corruption, if this, if that. etc.
and people who have been playing since the beginning will remember, I missed things.
Female mc turning into male and growing a penis, lol, things like that.
Not saying this way is full proof, or the best way. But other then a miss spelled label, missing the 'music/' part of the music tags.. ffs. and a few him's in female route. this update was smoother then previous updates when it comes to cross sex glitches.
That was the main reason.

And you did point out, its mostly the same.. well yeah. for now.. but It won't be, and that's another reason I separated the scripts.
The female route is taking on a different path entirely in day 5, and the relations will start to pick up more and more differences as well.

so yes, atm, a lot of redundant text,
but removing sex and relation out of the if stacks. has made it easier to work back down the stacks to change things because either way, as this story progress each day would eventually have to start with a stack of ifs to separate out sex and relationship anyways. now I only have to worry about your previous choices and current route with the characters.
so yes, as day 4 may not need 40,000 lines of code, but as the story progress, day 8 for example would need it regardless.

if you have any other thoughts on how to handle what is to become 6 different stories (Same story, Different paths to end), let me know.

and I know some people may wonder, If 6 different stories is the goal, why not start off that way.
well when I started, I was rendering on 4 GTX cards (980, 1070 , 1070 ti, 1080 ti) so it took awhile to render. Now I am on RTX 4090, 2 RTX 3070's and a 3060. so rendering much faster now, so its easier for me to render these differences.
I stated before that my goals for this game were beyond what I could do at the time I started this game, when I started, wasn't sure if their was interest, and thanks to the interest it has received, I am able to upgrade so I can do these things, and will continue to upgrade, and add the things I want for this.

Reactions: Aetrun

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if you have any other thoughts on how to handle what is to become 6 different stories (Same story, Different paths to end), let me know.
Forest for the trees type of thing tbh. In the end it doesn't matter if it's one path or a hundred, using the method I described for same-label minor tweaks, separate labels for larger tweaks, and organize those within a logical script stack naming convention solves all (100%) of redundancy. I wouldn't steer you wrong. I mod some of the most complex, multi-route VN's on the planet so I see many different authoring methods. Some are crude, some are pro, most are average as they are still learning from their VN starts but they all realize quickly that duplicating well over half the dialogues is such a waste of your time and efforts. I'm not saying don't do you... you should always do you... just know that there a much better methods to do what it appears you are trying to achieve. As stated before - let the coding language and the CPU do the heavy work.

If you end up with any spare time I could name several VN's that might give you and idea on some more efficient script writing from an authoring point of view... many come to mind but two standouts that are rather complicated behind the scenes are "Karlsson's Gambit" and "Seducing the Devil" for example. I'm not saying the subject matter will or won't be attractive to you, that's not the point at all, my point is they take very complex routing that sometimes share the exact same label with small "tweaks" or split to different labels entirely but they don't duplicate 8-12 bulk dialogues (both have many pathings that evolve around a structure day/week timeline similar to your VN). "Summer Scent" is another that has complex routings (many routes being juggled) with only 2 LIs. It might be a good reference as well.

I'll stop the wall of text, but know I'm not promoting other's work but simply offering references to analyze techniques. Food for thought. With a fine whiskey or glass of wine this evening revisit my prior post (it's only tackling the minor tweaks using the same label method, not the others mentioned in this post) and let it truly sink in. If your project all becomes overwhelming at some point I'll do my best to offer guidance as you wish. Until or if that day ever comes there's already much on your plate so I'll add no more uninvited.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
All the UI coding work is done. I'm coding the dynamic ChoiceGuide for the "Uncle" route currently (I tossed a 6-sided coin and it won). A few teasers of the guide (all results change dynamically dependent on the Player's previous choices, as always). I'm choreographing the dialog box and MiniStat as I go:
Thirty SM B01a4a.jpg Thirty SM B01a4b.jpg Thirty SM B01a4c.jpg Thirty SM B01a4d.jpg Thirty SM B01a4e.jpg 1680298971297.png 1680309222501.png 1680374907330.png
ChoiceGuide also dynamically changes to give you instructions
1680314049794.png 1680314091722.png
Current SM Options/Cheats screen population
1680296174874.png 1680296205142.png
CriticalPath Popup Screen
1680394371578.png
SanchoGallery (WIP) - Scene filters including protagonist gender
1680375094315.png

Edit: Added a few more that I had saved screenies of.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Trying to find code for lock box did math
did not work
I'll take care of your bad math in SM... as long as you've seen the "code formula" I'll auto-populate it for you. If you haven't seen the "code formula" then it won't auto-populate.

Also, you folks know I write elaborate FreeRoam guides but this particular event obviously is best without one, but while farting around I did you a solid here (you can guess what I did):
1680301018766.png

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
While this game is very much based around stats.
It's nearly impossible to screw yourself out of content for your chosen sex.
I have included a guided mode that functions through day 3, and will have day 4 added when day 5 is released, that can be activated with the in game phone. but it's mostly for guiding you to either corruption or romance path.

This game does start with a sex scene with nicole, alex WILL sleep walk day 1 and 2 regardless of stats, Dakota will pressure you day 2, Nicole will pressure you day 4 in the morning, and Ava is available the same morning, then again later in the day (Ava is male route only atm), and depending if you are on corruption or romance route with alex. You can have happy time at the bowling alley, or in your room on day 4. (Male only). only way Nothing happens with alex in day 4 is if you rejected her.
I have a problem....i answer to all question about Alexis with corruption route but i can't see the bathroom scene at the bowling.....

3DRComics

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2022
uhm....i don't remember about the kiss?
The conversation about her liking you, one path in that conversation leads to romance(alex bedroom scene), the other leads to corruption.(alex bowling bathroom scene.)

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
The conversation about her liking you, one path in that conversation leads to romance(alex bedroom scene), the other leads to corruption.(alex bowling bathroom scene.)
here?

I answer the second one, then grab the ass and then look down. At the end of the scene i have corruption 13 with alex but i don't see the scene in bowling bathroom ThirtyDays_2023_04_01_02_31_45_473.jpg

Last edited:

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
You should have "accept - Nicole" or "Accept - Confession", Confession leads down the corruption route.
in one of my round i see a question about it but now i have retry a lot of times to recollect this question but never exit again.....and i restart from beginning the game almost 6 times

4.50 star(s) 56 Votes