Ren'Py This game is crashing on my android 11

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Firstly, you should have asked on the game thread, it's where you've the more chance to find someone who know what's happening.

This being said, there's something odd:
Thu Sep 1 20:14:03 2022
Unknown platform.
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.00s
[...]
Set script version to: (7, 4, 10)
The port was build with a version 7.4.8 of the SDK, but the game ask it to run accordingly to the version 7.4.10.
I don't know if it's the reason of the crash, but it clearly don't help to have a stable game.

Bruhhakbomama

Aug 25, 2022
Firstly, you should have asked on the game thread, it's where you've the more chance to find someone who know what's happening.

This being said, there's something odd:

The port was build with a version 7.4.8 of the SDK, but the game ask it to run accordingly to the version 7.4.10.
I don't know if it's the reason of the crash, but it clearly don't help to have a stable game.
Oh yeah that makes sense lemme post it there aswell. Also based on what you said i redownloaded and installed another version which seems to be the "correct" one and heres the log

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
have you tried it on a different device?

renpy version 7.4.8 properly can't run on android 11 (not 100% sure)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Oh yeah that makes sense lemme post it there aswell. Also based on what you said i redownloaded and installed another version which seems to be the "correct" one and heres the log
Yeah, it's now a 7.4.10 running 7.4.10 code.
But I get that it don't fix your issue, and honestly the log don't really show something wrong. I mean except the lines that are doubled, but I don't know if it's normal or not for an Android port.

Hope you'll find more information on the game thread.