3D-Blender 3D-HoneySelect Fan Art This is my first work

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Great sculpt! And good work with the shading or painting (I guess to match a honeyselect style)

Since you mentioned adding it to models, those that mean you'll also explore retopology and normal map creation?
If so, I may suggest matching an existing topology, such as Genesis 8 Female (G8F). G8F is a modern and relatively still new topology for female characters used by Daz Studio, very popular in the community and on this sight. I would suggest matching, however, it may not be the best. Not that G8F isn't the most popular, it is, but rather, trying to perfectly match it would be a pain.

Despite G8F being high quality and better than anything I could ever do, the genital topology is still very simple. Every genital asset uses one trick or another to increases the mesh resolution. While you could do the same, I still have issues with getting something perfect. I also find that for most genital assets, I don't like how they cut out a section of the default mesh and try to weave their mesh to fit in perfectly. Most of the time its not perfect, every genital asset does it differently, and regardless if I want to sculpt the character, I have to delete the asset because it modifies the default mesh, corrupting any would I try to do on it. Something simpler that I haven't seen anyone try is to simply keep the default topology (after sculpting or what little retopology you wish to do), and just apply the genital on like underwear. If you're not familiar with Daz Studio, it basically morphs characters, and automatically morphs clothes to fit. Having genitals act like panties would be much easier to work with because it matches the rest of my workflow, and it doesn't get in the way of sculpting. I only suggest this because G8F groin is smooth, and most other genitals try to be realistic and hid away, but for my style at least, having something on top would work better. but that's just me rambling.

adream0416

Apr 3, 2022
Great sculpt! And good work with the shading or painting (I guess to match a honeyselect style)

Since you mentioned adding it to models, those that mean you'll also explore retopology and normal map creation?
If so, I may suggest matching an existing topology, such as Genesis 8 Female (G8F). G8F is a modern and relatively still new topology for female characters used by Daz Studio, very popular in the community and on this sight. I would suggest matching, however, it may not be the best. Not that G8F isn't the most popular, it is, but rather, trying to perfectly match it would be a pain.

Despite G8F being high quality and better than anything I could ever do, the genital topology is still very simple. Every genital asset uses one trick or another to increases the mesh resolution. While you could do the same, I still have issues with getting something perfect. I also find that for most genital assets, I don't like how they cut out a section of the default mesh and try to weave their mesh to fit in perfectly. Most of the time its not perfect, every genital asset does it differently, and regardless if I want to sculpt the character, I have to delete the asset because it modifies the default mesh, corrupting any would I try to do on it. Something simpler that I haven't seen anyone try is to simply keep the default topology (after sculpting or what little retopology you wish to do), and just apply the genital on like underwear. If you're not familiar with Daz Studio, it basically morphs characters, and automatically morphs clothes to fit. Having genitals act like panties would be much easier to work with because it matches the rest of my workflow, and it doesn't get in the way of sculpting. I only suggest this because G8F groin is smooth, and most other genitals try to be realistic and hid away, but for my style at least, having something on top would work better. but that's just me rambling.
Thank you for your suggestions and opinions, let me have a new direction