Thread Reviews - Moderation Method Suggestions

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Hi All,

Just feedback on what have seen recently regarding my own reviews being deleted and the reviews that remain.
I think the function of reviews are not being fulfilled due to how the review rules are being moderated.

My primary point is:
A bad review will get deleted even without breaking any rules:
1669987438395.png

But then you look at all the 5* reviews that are short, unliked (or liked by sub 5 people), which also break thread rules, and they don't get deleted

That is screwing with the weighted rating, rating, and usefulness of reviews.

The below is an example on the same game that would 100% be deleted if it were 1 or 2 stars, but remain because it is a 5*:
1669975303329.png
Rule 2 - Don't mention other games. - Broken - mentions Devs other game "Summer"
Rule 3 - Reviews should be on the game not updates.- Broken - a lot of talk about frequency of releases

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
If you look closely, that review was deleted a couple of hours ago soon after you reported it.

Reactions: Rufio

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Thanks, i think i just got a notification through saying the same thing.
Off-topic, but after a review gets deleted, are you blocked from leaving a review on that game permanently or is it for a period of time?

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks, i think i just got a notification through saying the same thing.
Off-topic, but after a review gets deleted, are you blocked from leaving a review on that game permanently or is it for a period of time?
I'm pretty sure it's permanent. It seems like the system still sees the review as there but doesn't factor the review into the game's rating.

Also, you may have been wrong about that specific example but you were right in general. I had a review deleted from the game Obscure Affairs for commenting on how extreme the foot fetishism is, because apparently the "footjob" tag is a catch all for foot fetishism and tagged fetishes are off limits for a review. I reported 3 positive reviews that talked as much, or more, about the foot fetishism as I did and those reports were rejected. The mods are just looking for excuses to delete negative reviews of games they like and they're rapidly getting bolder about it.

Reactions: dacris69 and Rufio

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah to be fair to the mods, 2/3 deleted reviews came with PM's and mods were quick to explain why they were deleted (1 just got deleted with a warning message but no PM).
Also, with some explaining each deletion was valid if you take the rules by the letter.

But it is as you say, the positive reviews seem to stick around with the same rules broken.
If you criticize the dev - deleted, if you praise the dev - fine
If you delete everything but review and a negative review comes under 200 Chars - Deleted, positive review - fine
As you said, negative thoughts on tags/fetishes - deleted, positive - fine

To be honest, it might be the case that die hard fans of games report all negative reviews, but few people report positive ones, you can't really fault mods for that (if that is the case).

I reported some reviews on the same thread, fairly confident the reports were valid, mixed results in terms of deletion.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But it is as you say, the positive reviews seem to stick around with the same rules broken.
There's a really simple reason to this:

The guys who constitute the hardcore fan base of a game will never hesitate to report a review that dare to talk badly about their cherished baby. They are ready to pass hours reading every single bad review just for this, and obviously will never see a reason to report someone praising the said cherished baby.
This while people who don't care about the game, or find that it's a bad one, do not pass their time browsing the reviews. They also tend to find stupid to report bad praising reviews. Not because they don't care, but because they found the review too ridiculous to be took seriously. And, yes, it's an error, because as none serious as they can be, they are still artificially raising the rating.

And of course, moderators can't be everywhere and can't read every single reviews. Therefore, if no one report them, most of them will not be removed, even if they broke the rules.
You provided the proof of this by yourself in this thread: The review you used as example for the supposed moderation bias have been removed because you reported it.

I reported some reviews on the same thread, fairly confident the reports were valid, mixed results in terms of deletion.
Well, it's the reason why only moderators can delete something, because it's not as easy as just looking quickly at it.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I hope not.
F95zone shoud not be old twitter.
I'll let you decide.

My review of The Builder said:
Pregnancy is my fetish, so the idea of impregnating an entire town of horny women is extremely appealing to me. But as of Episode 2 The Builder does nothing good with its plot. Episode 1 has an ntr sex scene and while dialogue claims that no actual sex happened, if you choose not to engage with ntr content, the following scenes all act like it did. Episode 2 gives you the option to either cuck or be cucked, and yet the woman you're supposed to be in love with is in a relationship with another guy and refuses to leave him because she's "afraid of loving you too much." If you want to make an ntr story, make an ntr story. That fetish has its own audience. Don't lie to me about a harem game and then hand me some simp who swore a vow of chastity because he's too on the hook to move on from the worst love interest ever. Don't make me sit through this loser cumming 3 seconds after seeing a barely exposed nipple because he's too cucked to be around women. And don't half-ass a "harem" route where nothing changes but the sex scenes get skipped.
Mystic deleted this review with no reason given. Admittedly it's not the best written review, but plenty of people seemed to appreciate it. It was my highest liked review with over 50 reactions, and it gained new likes every single time the game updated.

My appeal said:
A review I left for the game The Builder has been recently removed. No rules were cited as to why the review was removed. The closest I can think of to a broken rule is #5, but my review was not about my feelings towards a fetish they were about the dev promising one fetish but delivering its polar opposite. I posted the review several months ago and it had over 50 likes. I'd appreciate it if it could be restored.
After more than a day I finally got a response. Thankfully this time my appeal was not handled by the same mod who deleted the review.

Mod response said:
Hi Tinman95,
The review has been removed as it focused on a single genre/fetish (NTR). Reviews need to highlight different aspects of what you liked/disliked about a particular game.
In order to have your review restored, you can submit a revised review as a ticket reply here and we'll restore it if it conforms to the review rules.

Kind regards.
Any rewrite of the review is still going to focus on how the "harem" route is really just the NTR route without sex scenes. A bait and switch is guaranteed to upset players, and there's no reason it shouldn't be valid criticism for a review just because it involves discussing the fetishes.

My reply to the mod said:
As I said in the appeal, and as you can read in the review itself, my comments were about the promise of a harem game only for the dev to deliver an NTR game. False advertising in the description and game choices should be a valid target for criticism.
As you can see, in both my appeal and my response to the appeal being denied I made it clear that I was not talking about NTR but the bait and switch of the dev offering one game only to deliver another. I never received another response. Over 2 days after my reply the ticket was marked "resolved" by the mods. This was my second deleted review, and that first experience was far less reasonable than even this.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
When you crowdsource content flagging, you open yourself up to the whims of incel-karens. But what the fuck else do you do on the cheap? Building AI to find bad reviews is essentially impossible, at least not without an enormous team of geniuses. Having a dedicated employee/team that works in a relatively unbiased way and goes through umpteen billion reviews would likely require salaries. So, volunteers make sense. Perhaps the mods don't make perfect choices every time they're confronted with a report, but it at least cuts down the work they have to do.

This, unfortunately, feels like a problem best solved by more volunteers with fewer axes to grind. The best solution I can come up with to make that happen is to gamify things: people volunteer for a shift at scanning reviews, get points, pick up a reward of some kind. No idea what that would be, but it would probably be cheaper than paying somebody money to do it. And of course, gamifying a system encourages abuses. Again, no easy answers.

Reactions: Sole and Rufio

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
It's fine in General Discussions.

Reactions: Rufio

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I'll let you decide.

Mystic deleted this review with no reason given. Admittedly it's not the best written review, but plenty of people seemed to appreciate it. It was my highest liked review with over 50 reactions, and it gained new likes every single time the game updated.

After more than a day I finally got a response. Thankfully this time my appeal was not handled by the same mod who deleted the review.

Any rewrite of the review is still going to focus on how the "harem" route is really just the NTR route without sex scenes. A bait and switch is guaranteed to upset players, and there's no reason it shouldn't be valid criticism for a review just because it involves discussing the fetishes.

As you can see, in both my appeal and my response to the appeal being denied I made it clear that I was not talking about NTR but the bait and switch of the dev offering one game only to deliver another. I never received another response. Over 2 days after my reply the ticket was marked "resolved" by the mods. This was my second deleted review, and that first experience was far less reasonable than even this.
You made the whole review about some subjective issue you have about fetishes. This "bait and switch" is in your mind. The expectation that harem must adhere to your 10 commandments religiously is not something everyone agrees with.

Harem doesn't take precedence over any other tag within the story. And Harem, as used by the site, is literally just having multiple simultaneous partners or whatever the official definition is. There isn't anything that precludes NTRish concepts, or even straight up NTR showing up in the supposed harem route. Is it advisable? Probably not. But does it automatically make it a bad game? No, not by itself. That will depend on how well they write in those different aspects in the story.

If your entire review is focused on this subjective affront to your harem guidelines, well... it's a shit review. You could have actually mentioned all that you did if you framed it better in the context of an actual review that at least feigns objectivity.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
You made the whole review about some subjective issue you have about fetishes. This "bait and switch" is in your mind. The expectation that harem must adhere to your 10 commandments religiously is not something everyone agrees with.

Harem doesn't take precedence over any other tag within the story. And Harem, as used by the site, is literally just having multiple simultaneous partners or whatever the official definition is. There isn't anything that precludes NTRish concepts, or even straight up NTR showing up in the supposed harem route. Is it advisable? Probably not. But does it automatically make it a bad game? No, not by itself. That will depend on how well they write in those different aspects in the story.

If your entire review is focused on this subjective affront to your harem guidelines, well... it's a shit review. You could have actually mentioned all that you did if you framed it better in the context of an actual review that at least feigns objectivity.
In the game I reviewed, and as a general rule, harem and NTR are mutually exclusive fetishes. The "harem" path of the game did not change anything beyond skipping the sex scenes. Which I explicitly mentioned in my review.

MC does not get any women. The one woman he slept with is in a relationship with another man, and goes back to that other man. All subsequent dialogue acts as if the MC never slept with her. The episode 1 NTR scene I mentioned in the review has a woman who's supposed to be a future LI having sex with a man (the same man who's in a relationship with the one woman MC can pretend to sleep with) in a bathroom followed by the MC picking up her cum stained panties to hand them back to her. The "harem" choice doesn't show the sex scene and has the MC talk about how they're totally not having sex, only to pick up right at the NTR path with the MC picking up her cum stained panties to give them back to her. How is that not a bait and switch?

Plus you're focusing on, arguably, 3 sentences out of the entire review. I also talk about the game not doing anything with its promised impregnation fetish. I shit on the pathetic loser MC for about half the review. Even if you want to argue that I should edit those 3 sentences (and I would argue that it isn't necessary because the game and dev promise a no NTR route that they don't deliver on) that's only a small portion of the review. It is not "the whole review".

I'm not the typical F95 troll who thinks no guy other than the MC should ever touch a woman. I even encourage the dev to outright make an NTR game since that's what they seem to want. Had the dev switched to making it an entirely NTR game and my review was deleted for no longer being relevant I wouldn't care. But it's still the same half-assed "harem" game that hides the sex scenes of an NTR story and changes nothing else. Promising one thing but giving another is the definition of a bait and switch.

Reactions: vonamatas and Sole

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Plus you're focusing on, arguably, 3 sentences out of the entire review.
And you focus on what he said, instead of looking at what he meant.

Let's take a look at your review as you quoted it yourself:
Pregnancy is my fetish, so the idea of impregnating an entire town of horny women is extremely appealing to me.
You aren't here to talk about you, this have nothing to do on a review. This especially since you'll never address pregnancy after this.

But as of Episode 2 The Builder does nothing good with its plot.
Ah, this is on topic for a review. It would have been way better to explain why, but well, it's the only sentence that have its place in a review, so.

Episode 1 has an ntr sex scene and while dialogue claims that no actual sex happened, if you choose not to engage with ntr content, the following scenes all act like it did.
So, you mean that "there's some inconstancy with the dialog. It happen sometimes that the protagonists will talk about something that didn't happened due to your own choices. By example [and here you can place your example]".

You explain what is the problem. Then you provide an in-game example, for the readers to be able to make their own mind regarding it. It's what make the difference between a review and the rant you wrote to vent your anger.

Episode 2 gives you the option to either cuck or be cucked, and yet the woman you're supposed to be in love with is in a relationship with another guy and refuses to leave him because she's "afraid of loving you too much."
So, you mean that "the game offer you two opposite paths, but for one of them the story build make no sense. [and then you give your example]".
Once again, the difference between a review and a rant.

If you want to make an ntr story, make an ntr story.
It's a review, your aren't talking to the creator, but to the potential players. This have nothing to do in a review.

That fetish has its own audience.
The readers do not care if NTR have or not an audience. They want to know what people think about the game, not what is the state of the scene right now. This have nothing to do in a review.

Don't lie to me about a harem game and then hand me some simp who swore a vow of chastity because he's too on the hook to move on from the worst love interest ever.
Once again, you aren't talking to the creator.
This said, by itself it's informative since, apparently, it mean that the harem part is very badly handled. But the way you wrote it, it's nothing more that you being angry at the creator.
So, I guess that you mean that "the author apparently misunderstood what 'harem' mean, because so far the MC can only get one girl, and the said girl don't really want to be with him."

Don't make me sit through this loser cumming 3 seconds after seeing a barely exposed nipple because he's too cucked to be around women.
Yet not talking to the dev. And, here again, you are purely talking about yourself, therefore this have nothing to do on a review.
Incidentally, the way you wrote it really looks like you're saying that you worth better than people who like cucking, what would be kink shaming.

And don't half-ass a "harem" route where nothing changes but the sex scenes get skipped.
Still not talking to the dev, and it should take place in the "dev misunderstand what 'harem' mean" part.

In the end, your effective review limits to one line. Anything else is you faping to your own greatness, and venting your anger. No wonder that it have been deleted, and that the mod who deleted it haven't wasted his time explaining why.

I shit on the pathetic loser MC for about half the review.
Amazing that you are able to say, "what I wrote wasn't a review but anger venting", in a message when you try to convince people that you wrote a review.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
And you focus on what he said, instead of looking at what he meant.

Let's take a look at your review as you quoted it yourself:

You aren't here to talk about you, this have nothing to do on a review. This especially since you'll never address pregnancy after this.

Ah, this is on topic for a review. It would have been way better to explain why, but well, it's the only sentence that have its place in a review, so.

So, you mean that "there's some inconstancy with the dialog. It happen sometimes that the protagonists will talk about something that didn't happened due to your own choices. By example [and here you can place your example]".

You explain what is the problem. Then you provide an in-game example, for the readers to be able to make their own mind regarding it. It's what make the difference between a review and the rant you wrote to vent your anger.

So, you mean that "the game offer you two opposite paths, but for one of them the story build make no sense. [and then you give your example]".
Once again, the difference between a review and a rant.

It's a review, your aren't talking to the creator, but to the potential players. This have nothing to do in a review.

The readers do not care if NTR have or not an audience. They want to know what people think about the game, not what is the state of the scene right now. This have nothing to do in a review.

Once again, you aren't talking to the creator.
This said, by itself it's informative since, apparently, it mean that the harem part is very badly handled. But the way you wrote it, it's nothing more that you being angry at the creator.
So, I guess that you mean that "the author apparently misunderstood what 'harem' mean, because so far the MC can only get one girl, and the said girl don't really want to be with him."

Yet not talking to the dev. And, here again, you are purely talking about yourself, therefore this have nothing to do on a review.
Incidentally, the way you wrote it really looks like you're saying that you worth better than people who like cucking, what would be kink shaming.

Still not talking to the dev, and it should take place in the "dev misunderstand what 'harem' mean" part.

In the end, your effective review limits to one line. Anything else is you faping to your own greatness, and venting your anger. No wonder that it have been deleted, and that the mod who deleted it haven't wasted his time explaining why.
I was going to go through this piece by piece, but after reading the whole thing I realize that won't be necessary. You take statements out of context, claim they're irrelevant, then talk about the context being good form for a review. You're also obsessed with the phrasing of my writing. Sure, I could have phrased things differently to make my review seem more objective. But as I said, this game promised exactly my kind of fetish and utterly failed to deliver. I was angry about it and I'm fine with my review bordering on being a rant. There's nothing in the rules against being emotional about the game when you review it. You've addressed no rules broken beyond reaching to accuse me of kinkshaming. It's not the mods job to decide on the quality of reviews. It's their job to enforce the review rules. Even while breaking my review down you didn't see it as complaining about my feelings for a particular fetish. If you didn't see it as breaking rule 5 when going out of your way to attack me and my review, why should I accept that as an explanation from the mods?

Now, if I wanted to rewrite my review to be clearer and more objective this would mostly be excellent advice. I have never claimed to be a good writer, and your feedback would help with improving the review. Unfortunately I don't care about improving my review. I care that my review was taken down despite it not violating the rules. I care that by removing a well liked negative review the mods are influencing scores to make games seem better. And I care that any detailed review runs the risk of being treated as a technical violation of rules because you can't discuss the game's content without in some way touching on how the fetishes are handled.

Amazing that you are able to say, "what I wrote wasn't a review but anger venting", in a message when you try to convince people that you wrote a review.
I never said that. I said that my review does not violate the rules of the site. You can call it whatever you want, but a star rating attached to comments about the game are all it really takes to be a review regardless of tone.

Ultimately, I put my review and the mod actions out there for other people to judge from an outsiders perspective. So far the only opposition to my view has been desmosome accusing me of making up the bait and switch, and you attacking the tone of my review. The thread for the game, and even other reviews, have ample comments on how the game promises a harem but actually gives players an NTR story. So anyone interested enough can see that I'm not lying. Your response is probably the best thing I could have asked for. Despite all the criticism and unnecessary personal attacks, not once do you agree with the mods that I broke the site's rules for reviews. Clearly the deletion was unjustified.

Reactions: vonamatas and Sole

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Sure, I could have phrased things differently to make my review seem more objective.
Since you know that it wasn't near to be an objective review, why are you surprised that it have been deleted ?

Reactions: Count Morado

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
In the game I reviewed, and as a general rule, harem and NTR are mutually exclusive fetishes. The "harem" path of the game did not change anything beyond skipping the sex scenes. Which I explicitly mentioned in my review.

MC does not get any women. The one woman he slept with is in a relationship with another man, and goes back to that other man. All subsequent dialogue acts as if the MC never slept with her. The episode 1 NTR scene I mentioned in the review has a woman who's supposed to be a future LI having sex with a man (the same man who's in a relationship with the one woman MC can pretend to sleep with) in a bathroom followed by the MC picking up her cum stained panties to hand them back to her. The "harem" choice doesn't show the sex scene and has the MC talk about how they're totally not having sex, only to pick up right at the NTR path with the MC picking up her cum stained panties to give them back to her. How is that not a bait and switch?
Well to be fair the game is only up to EP5 and not completed. Reviews are meant to be for the game you played, you can't say for sure that it is a bait and switch just that there is less content in the path you like for now. Your "review" makes it sound final.

Plus you're focusing on, arguably, 3 sentences out of the entire review. I also talk about the game not doing anything with its promised impregnation fetish. I shit on the pathetic loser MC for about half the review. Even if you want to argue that I should edit those 3 sentences (and I would argue that it isn't necessary because the game and dev promise a no NTR route that they don't deliver on) that's only a small portion of the review. It is not "the whole review".
If what you posted was the full review then....

Pregnancy.
"Pregnancy is my fetish, so the idea of impregnating an entire town of horny women is extremely appealing to me. But as of Episode 2 The Builder does nothing good with its plot."

NTR.
Episode 1 has an ntr sex scene and while dialogue claims that no actual sex happened, if you choose not to engage with ntr content, the following scenes all act like it did. Episode 2 gives you the option to either cuck or be cucked, and yet the woman you're supposed to be in love with is in a relationship with another guy and refuses to leave him because she's "afraid of loving you too much." If you want to make an ntr story, make an ntr story. That fetish has its own audience. Don't lie to me about a harem game and then hand me some simp who swore a vow of chastity because he's too on the hook to move on from the worst love interest ever. Don't make me sit through this loser cumming 3 seconds after seeing a barely exposed nipple because he's too cucked to be around women.

No harem route.
And don't half-ass a "harem" route where nothing changes but the sex scenes get skipped. "

Most of your review is about NTR, as for pregnancy and Harem, your review seems to indicate that you are reviewing up to ep2 and the game is up to ep5 now and still not complete and both of those are usually late game adds. Expecting pregnancy and harem in ep2 just isn't realistic, at most you can say that the harem path feels empty for now or has less women than you would have liked for now. Your "review" seems solely focused on one thing and doesn't mention "renders, game play, writing, game mechanics or any of the other details in the game.

It can be summed up with "too much NTR, nothing I like." and that is not really a review no matter how long you string that out.

I was going to go through this piece by piece, but after reading the whole thing I realize that won't be necessary. You take statements out of context, claim they're irrelevant, then talk about the context being good form for a review. You're also obsessed with the phrasing of my writing. Sure, I could have phrased things differently to make my review seem more objective. But as I said, this game promised exactly my kind of fetish and utterly failed to deliver. I was angry about it and I'm fine with my review bordering on being a rant. There's nothing in the rules against being emotional about the game when you review it. You've addressed no rules broken beyond reaching to accuse me of kinkshaming. It's not the mods job to decide on the quality of reviews. It's their job to enforce the review rules. Even while breaking my review down you didn't see it as complaining about my feelings for a particular fetish. If you didn't see it as breaking rule 5 when going out of your way to attack me and my review, why should I accept that as an explanation from the mods?
...and this..
"Sure, I could have phrased things differently to make my review seem more objective. But as I said, this game promised exactly my kind of fetish and utterly failed to deliver."

is why it's not a review but a rant and broke some rules. The game is not finished, if it was THEN you could say it did not deliver but just because the game only started to introduce some of the fetishes you got upset.

"There's nothing in the rules against being emotional about the game when you review it."
Rule 1. Try to be objective, describe your reasoning and highlight what key aspects of the content were good or bad.
Be honest you weren't trying, you were upset and through objective out the window.

"You've addressed no rules broken beyond reaching to accuse me of kinkshaming."
Maybe they didn't but maybe re-read Rules 1 and 5

Now, if I wanted to rewrite my review to be clearer and more objective this would mostly be excellent advice. I have never claimed to be a good writer, and your feedback would help with improving the review. Unfortunately I don't care about improving my review. I care that my review was taken down despite it not violating the rules. I care that by removing a well liked negative review the mods are influencing scores to make games seem better. And I care that any detailed review runs the risk of being treated as a technical violation of rules because you can't discuss the game's content without in some way touching on how the fetishes are handled.
"I care that by removing a well liked negative review the mods are influencing scores to make games seem better." This is not really true, it just more accurately shows the state the game is in and leaves out reviews that do NOT review the game in it's current state but what they want the game to be.

"And I care that any detailed review runs the risk of being treated as a technical violation of rules because you can't discuss the game's content without in some way touching on how the fetishes are handled."

The content for some paths is still under development and as of EP-X the build up seems slower, the writing is good in places but leaves some confusion as to the progression of those paths.

You can give details without including 3 second MC's or women who "loves me, loves me not" and still have space to "review" the games other aspects...below from the rules post.
" Story, Originality, Renders, Sound, Playability, Performance, Bugs, Animations, Voice Acting, Grammar, Amount of content "

Ultimately, I put my review and the mod actions out there for other people to judge from an outsiders perspective. So far the only opposition to my view has been desmosome accusing me of making up the bait and switch, and you attacking the tone of my review. The thread for the game, and even other reviews, have ample comments on how the game promises a harem but actually gives players an NTR story. So anyone interested enough can see that I'm not lying. Your response is probably the best thing I could have asked for. Despite all the criticism and unnecessary personal attacks, not once do you agree with the mods that I broke the site's rules for reviews. Clearly the deletion was unjustified.
"desmosome accusing me of making up the bait and switch" ...but you did make it up. Until the game is complete you.. guess, assume, think, speculate but you can NOT say for certain it is a bait and switch. As I said before harem and pregnancy are usually added late game and unless you can show the dev clearly saying he will add them early in the game you don't know he won't later in the game.

"Clearly the deletion was unjustified."
Nope you broke 2 rules that I can see, 1, 5 and you yourself admit to not being objective and not being willing to write the review objectively, so even you admit to breaking one of the rules.

I also think I might know why you are confused, you said :" You can call it whatever you want, but a star rating attached to comments about the game are all it really takes to be a review regardless of tone. "

You can't call it whatever you want, one is called a comment and has to follow a set of rules and the other is called a review and has to follow it's own set of rules. I think you might be confusing comments and reviews and applying the rules for one on the other.....

Rufio

Sep 4, 2017
Probably because of looking at what other appropriate reviews look like on that game.

These four are all on the first page of reviews.

The only bit of actual review here is "it has some drama" haha:
SixtyNineGaming
I'm surprised that this VN has such a low rating. It is a good premise executed very well - I don't see why some people seem to hate it. It has some drama, but primarily, it delivers upon it's porn premise very well. I was very satisfied. The low rating does not reflect the VN. Definitely give it a try.

This talks more about other reviews than the actual game:
motseer
Looking at the other reviews it definitely appears that most either love it or hate it. Personally, I don't see anything to hate. So, I'm going to rate it high to even things out a bit. The ntr is completely avoidable if you don't like that. The renders and animations are high quality and the story telling is above average. I suppose it's possible some of the low ratings are because this is not your standard VN story. I actually applaud this. It starts slow but if you stick with it you will be rewarded.

Ooh one tag and a bit on the setting:
learning Japanese
I've been following this game since 0.01 and never really understood what the dev was aiming at, but just finished episode 3 and must say that this game has found a real niche in a netori dynamic, and a rural Norwegian setting. Excited to see this game thrive.

Thank god the extra dots take it over the 200 characters:
kline95
Awesome renders really good job looks like a creator with quality in mind, interesting story good start also with the ex girlfriend... and the really hot girls in the hotel ... really good ... i will be waiting for more