VN Ren'Py Tides of Succession [Ch.1 v0.1] [TakMycket]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
A solid first release. Quite a bit of content (took me maybe 40-45 minutes to finish). The MC is actually likable which is a must for me to enjoy these games. Too many times do I find the MC naive, annoying, or a super horndog. But that isn't the case here. Wonderfully written MC and NPC's, I was quite surprised.

If I were to offer a suggestion for the future is to maybe add 1 or 2 more options for flavor text. I just found myself not quite relating to a couple of the options given (that is more of a personal issue than an actual issue with the game). But I do enjoy that you took the time to make non-essential dialogue still have an impact on the NPC's.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Damnit. (f**k...) I'm getting right into the story, as I'm tweaking with font and visual settings. By adding an outside shading script, including a clear textbox...so the dialog text can stand out and be more legible, without blocking any of the back ground images. As well including a few third party mods.

And so I paused the story and re-read the developer's main page Q and A to remind me of the names of the three main love interests in this story. And shit...I found out that this title is just a single path story, with no multi relationship choice path (this could have had a trifecta, as a replacement for the huge harem fanbase that avoid single path titles... :( ).

(Sigh..) Well wishing this developer's endeavor, very good success in the near future.

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adjustment Mod

Here's the mod compilation and minor UI tweaking mod I mentioned earlier.

I added the following...

• GUI tweaks (adjusted some of the font sizes and tweaked the textbox settings)
  • Custom font outline script (which adds dark outlines around the dialog font and character names)
  • Add a clear textbox replacement (works well with the font shading outline script)
  • URM tool (very useful tool...using the alt a keys together to bring up the tool's search function)
  • Quick menu mod (used to hide or display the quick menu just using the Q key.)
  • Choice Descriptor Mod (Used to display any hidden data that was coded behind story choice.)
  • Included a replacement game menu image (black brick background allows better settings visibility)

Note:
I tried to reduce the space between the name plate and the dialog text, but I had no luck finding what is causing that much of space. I believe the changes in this mod would look much better if that space was reduced.

Install:
Just extract and merge the game folder with this titles game folder (over write when prompted). Then run your game exe, and enjoy minor UI adjustments.

Note: This mod compilation will not need regular updates, (providing no major coding changes are done to the original gui.png script for this title)...it should still continue to work for future game releases.

Regards.

Sample images of the visual changes, and added third party mod's.
screenshot0002.png
screenshot0017.png
screenshot0018.png
screenshot0016.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, got caught up with the Dev on this one. Very interesting story, that's for sure. Some of the choices, specially the last one, I made saves at, just in case I don't like where they are going, but all and all, very curious about how this is going to play out. Thank you so very much for this, and looking forward for more!!!

Reactions: TakMycket

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
This is fair criticism. Words are cheap so I doubt what I have to say will ease your mind one bit. I'm aware that my actions up until this point may concern a few, considering this is the fifth iteration of the same story I've developed throughout the past year (I didn't release some of those versions, for those who are wondering). Alas, I was trying to find what I wanted my AVN to be, and now I have. I have a very clear direction moving forward because I know what I want. I'm sure my actions over the next six months or so will reflect this and I look forward to easing your concerns.
it's more personal concern than criticism of my part, i mean it's to be expected that when someone write a story everyting isnt perfect from the start and that the writter can change his mind about character and/or the direction the story take, so it's not me who would blame you for that.
It's just that when the first update was released i expected that at least the outlines of it would be already decided,
so for me who like to immerse myself into the main character and the universe of the story it's doesnt help (especialy since i tested if from your first release )

I guess only time will tell anyway but i still wish you the best of luck with your game ^^ .

Kuokaman

Dec 15, 2021
This is a very good game and I can see that the developer has a talent. It would be one of my favourites if not for the strange fantasy elements which really don't make much sense (well, I'm not a fantasy fan).

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if "sanctimonious" is the right word for the sentence. Ln 970 of update 1_2

There is nothing more sanctimonious than two people unifying themselves through a spice pledge.

In today's terms, it describes someone who acts or behaves as though they are morally superior to others. Maybe in their time, it meant what she said, but today's reader will most likely not take it like that.

May I make a suggestion?
There is nothing more sacred than when two people are united through the spice pledge.
or
Nothing is more sacred than when two people are united through the spice pledge.

I love the game so far. It's very well done. :giggle:

TakMycket

Tides of Succession Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
First of all, thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement, as well as your feedback. I read all the comments and take on board what everyone says. This feedback goes a long way towards improving Tides of Succession so I'm very appreciative towards everyone who took their time to write down a comment.

I'm currently running a poll on Patreon as I thought it would be interesting to see who's the most popular Love Interest. The post is public so you don't need to be a member to participate.

As always, I'll end this comment with if anyone has any questions, queries or concerns, ask away.

Radnos Salazar

Dec 4, 2023
First of all, thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement, as well as your feedback. I read all the comments and take on board what everyone says. This feedback goes a long way towards improving Tides of Succession so I'm very appreciative towards everyone who took their time to write down a comment.

I'm currently running a poll on Patreon as I thought it would be interesting to see who's the most popular Love Interest. The post is public so you don't need to be a member to participate.

As always, I'll end this comment with if anyone has any questions, queries or concerns, ask away.
Vote for Glade players! :love:

• Love

TakMycket

Tides of Succession Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023
Are other games in the trilogy going to have the same MC?
What Radnos Salazar said.

To add to that, each AVN in the trilogy will have a different MC, different Love Interests and a different plot. However, they are heavily intertwined and some characters whom you've already seen in Tides of Succession will be important characters in AVN 2 or AVN 3. An example of this is Zelene is planned to be a Love Interest in AVN 2.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Faxe10%

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
What Radnos Salazar said.

To add to that, each AVN in the trilogy will have a different MC, different Love Interests and a different plot. However, they are heavily intertwined and some characters whom you've already seen in Tides of Succession will be important characters in AVN 2 or AVN 3. An example of this is Zelene is planned to be a Love Interest in AVN 2.
Don't you think you're overcomplicating this? For example, what if some players don't like MC from second game or they wanted to romance characters from second or third game with MC from first game and so on.

I like most of the VNs from your list of favorites, so I assume I might like what you make. Time will tell, I guess.

Radnos Salazar

Dec 4, 2023
Don't you think you're overcomplicating this? For example, what if some players don't like MC from second game or they wanted to romance characters from second or third game with MC from first game and so on.

I like most of the VNs from your list of favorites, so I assume I might like what you make. Time will tell, I guess.
It is actually opposite of complicated, everything is open and upfront, no speculations as to what kind of content there will be and no speculations as to who would be the love interests. So there is no way for people to get into the game and get surprised like "OH my favorite LI is not romanceable". Read the description, FAQs and you will know what the game is going to have, you don't gotta try it if you dont like it. It is a rare thing to find soo much clear cut information about a new game from the dev right from the start.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Gave this one a go.

I'd like to ask why the game uses a Greek-inspired font for names when the game has a Late Medieval/Early Modern Era feel?
1728724015849.png

I like the renders and how expressive they are. Hope we can have more intimate scenes soon (even if they're just kisses and tight hugs)!

TakMycket

Tides of Succession Dev
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2023

Everyone has different tastes and that's perfectly fine. I imagine there will be some people who prefer I make a larger AVN with the same MC rather than have three smaller ones. Personally, I like splitting it up into a trilogy, which is why it's being done this way. I just hope that I can create an AVN good enough that even if it goes against some people's preferences, they can still enjoy it :)

But to answer your question, no I don't think it's over complicating things.

Gave this one a go.

I'd like to ask why the game uses a Greek-inspired font for names when the game has a Late Medieval/Early Modern Era feel?
View attachment 4124455

I like the renders and how expressive they are. Hope we can have more intimate scenes soon (even if they're just kisses and tight hugs)!
Because I like that font :). Thank you for those kind words, and maybe if I have some spare time one of these days I'll go browsing for some fonts that I like better and are more reflective of the time period.

Reactions: sexypeanut
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes