VN - Ren'Py - Completed - To Trust an Incubus [Y Press Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

GS523523

3/5; Decent waste of time
    ~ 1hr 30min long

This is a 3.5 star game, rounded down because of the rushed ending.
    This is a romance/mystery game. You are quickly introduced to 4 aliens and asked to pick 1 to romance so you can find out why they came to earth. You have choices to make, which determine how good of an ending you get. There are many different endings, but most are similar so that there are really about 2-3 different endings per romance. There was one pixel hunting minigame, but it was very easy because the items are highlighted once you move your mouse over them. I was initially surprised at how little time we have to get to know the aliens before we have to pick one, but after a while it became obvious that this is because they are just the typical romance interests - we have the lawful dom, the chaotic dom, the peaceful switch, and the shy sub.

There were 4 scenes in my playthrough, but there is a 5th one you can unlock based on your choices. Playing through with the switch, I liked the first scene, but the rest were too short. I also didn't like how 3 of the 5 scenes are "peeping tom" scenes, where you just watch other characters have sex. I didn't like having to get involved in the romances of the other characters I didn't care about, especially since MC's romance is so shallow. Also, by giving the story of 3/4 aliens in a single playthrough, there isn't much reason to replay with a different route.
    The art is typical yaoi style. Super skinny, super muscular; six-packs everywhere. I also had a glitch where one of the scenes wasn't fullscreen.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

lost_erias

Pros: Art, sex, voice acting (MC Kenta didn't sound that great but I tolerate his voice for sake of everyone else who sounds much more in character)

Cons: Repeated boring Plot, rushed endings, yes CG gallery but not repeated scenes

So many CGs and endings. Plot does feel rushed and repeated EVERY ending with slight differences in choices. Sex is good I just wish they added sound effects. lol Voices really gives personality to each person. Replay value is much higher due to voice. Wish game was longer and more plot.