• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

to whom should I ask permission for myself to update the post of my visual novel?

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Good morning / afternoon / night.

First, I know that my game should not be very interesting, since your post has not been updated and will certainly not be updated.

but I like to work on it, so I would like people to be able to download it from a post in this forum. Because being honest, I know that my patreon, has no visitors. So this forum is the only way to share it.

so I would like to know if there is a way to update the post. If not, well, no problem. Yes, if there is a possibility, I would like to know how.

in advance apologies, if this post is not suitable. it's not my intention seriously not.

(It's just that a part of me, would like to know if people like what I'm creating and I do not know where else to share it)

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I you wish to upload your game to the site and update your course of action would be talk to a staff member, moderator or uploader who have the permissions to enable updates on the site

Last edited:

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
I you wish to upload your game to the site and update your course of action would be talk to a staff member, moderator or uploader who have the permissions to enable updates on the site
thanks for the info. unfortunately I just read the rules to upload the games and there is one that I can not fulfill. thanks to my slow internet.

I think I've hit a big wall, I do not know where else to share a game for adults and I'm about to believe that it's pretty bad. since I see that all the games go up here, but mine does not. so for something it must be.

May 31, 2017
thanks for the info. unfortunately I just read the rules to upload the games and there is one that I can not fulfill. thanks to my slow internet.

I think I've hit a big wall, I do not know where else to share a game for adults and I'm about to believe that it's pretty bad. since I see that all the games go up here, but mine does not. so for something it must be.
I believe you just cant be a uploader, what you have to do is to make a update request with the link of yours game thread and a link of the new version, actually i never made a request but i frequently see them.

EDIT: Just saw you already did that now you have to wait for someone of the staff to see it and make the changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: kraguto

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
I believe you just cant be a uploader, what you have to do is to make a update request with the link of yours game thread and a link of the new version, actually i never made a request but i frequently see them.

EDIT: Just saw you already did that now you have to wait for someone of the staff to see it and make the changes.
I have the sad impression, that this request will remain. the one that uploaded my game a month ago, and did not reconnect and I have the slight impression that the others would not be interested in updating the post.

it may be that my game does not meet the expectations. although I do not know what I've done wrong, since I see game updates much smaller than mine. Anyway, that's not the subject. I hope in the December update someone will help me with that.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok you have linked your game in a thread from their go to address bar at top of page pm a staff member or moderator or uploader explain that you would like a thread started for your game and provide a link to the thread you have started,Which i have just put i this post for you

see where that leads you if they upload all well and good if they don't they will probably explain why .

Last edited:

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
I have the sad impression, that this request will remain. the one that uploaded my game a month ago, and did not reconnect and I have the slight impression that the others would not be interested in updating the post.

it may be that my game does not meet the expectations. although I do not know what I've done wrong, since I see game updates much smaller than mine. Anyway, that's not the subject. I hope in the December update someone will help me with that.
The best solution is like they already said to you, pm a member of the staff, get the "game developer" status and ask permission to update yourself your thread.
@N7 I know we are not properly following the rules but can you help him?

Last edited:

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
The best solution is like they already said to you, pm a member of the staff, get the "game developer" status and ask permission to update yourself your thread.
@N7 I know we are not properly following the rules but can you help him?
I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately I could not update it myself. for the subject of the rules, to provide at least 3 links. which can not be fragmented. since my internet connection. Well it takes 3 years to upload a pixelated photo.

but at least I'll try to ask for the game developer

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Ok you have linked your game in a thread from their go to address bar at top of page pm a staff member or moderator or uploader explain that you would like a thread started for your game and provide a link to the thread you have started,Which i have just put i this post for you

see where that leads you if they upload all well and good if they don't they will probably explain why .
I think I'll have to do it, but I do not know which of the moderators to write. I'm afraid to upset someone and end up getting kicked in the ass and banned from the forum.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
@kraguto The easiest way to get the attention of the person in charge of your game post is to "@" them like I did you, when you post an updated link in your games post. Another way is to click on their picture and "start a conversation" and tell them about your update and provide them the link. It's not that they don't care, or your game isn't good enough, most are in charge of multiple threads and do not watch everything that happens in them, you have to get their attention in some way if it is something important. I hope this helps.

The person in charge of your game is @crust.

Last edited:

kraguto

Game Developer
May 23, 2017
thanks a thousand to all, for helping me, if I'm a little slow on this topic of the forums. so I did not know what to do. (for personal questions I should not have social networks, so I had forgotten a lot about the things of communication on the Internet with other people, I apologize for my enormous social awkwardness)

thanks to everyone and if someday I can help someone with something. I will do it with all the taste of the world

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
thanks a thousand to all, for helping me, if I'm a little slow on this topic of the forums. so I did not know what to do. (for personal questions I should not have social networks, so I had forgotten a lot about the things of communication on the Internet with other people, I apologize for my enormous social awkwardness)

thanks to everyone and if someday I can help someone with something. I will do it with all the taste of the world
Ohh, i see a new game developer here;).