Others Tools or guides to AI image generation? Mainly how to generate the same character/BG in different ways

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
How are people making all these games with AI images? What site are they using? My issue is making characters or backgrounds and then making them again and again in different clothes or positions and facial expressions etc, it never works. I get a new different looking character doing the pose or wearing the clothes I want but its not the actual character lol.

Pretty new to AI images sorry. Still learning DAZ but while that goes, I wouldnt mind trying some small AI projects.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The issue is that AI generated works will never be exactly the same, at least with anything that's currently easily accessible. I'm sure you could get something decent going if you trained your own over long periods with several dozen references images (very likely more.). There's stuff like inpainting, etc. Though, you'll likely want to look at LoRAs before anything else. And make sure you have the rig to generate at larger resolutions. AI upscaling is going to cut it.

You'll need to pick up some Photoshop, too. Nothing is going to turn out perfect (eyes, fingers, teeth, etc.), and some artistic knowledge is going to be vital if you want to make a project with AI.

That all said? Be ready to take some heat for it. There's a very large, and very vocal, portion here that doesn't like it. And while I can't say I disagree with them, I'm also not going to shit all over it (got better thing to do.). Just read through some of the game threads for AI projects (ignore HTML stuff.) and you'll get a bit of an idea of what to expect. But as everything currently stands? Daz > AI, and it's not particularly close, especially when you consider that Patreon and Steam aren't allowing it. There goes a solid three quarters of any profit you'll make. Just something to consider.

Reactions: JB08

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
The issue is that AI generated works will never be exactly the same, at least with anything that's currently easily accessible. I'm sure you could get something decent going if you trained your own over long periods with several dozen references images (very likely more.). There's stuff like inpainting, etc. Though, you'll likely want to look at LoRAs before anything else. And make sure you have the rig to generate at larger resolutions. AI upscaling is going to cut it.

You'll need to pick up some Photoshop, too. Nothing is going to turn out perfect (eyes, fingers, teeth, etc.), and some artistic knowledge is going to be vital if you want to make a project with AI.

That all said? Be ready to take some heat for it. There's a very large, and very vocal, portion here that doesn't like it. And while I can't say I disagree with them, I'm also not going to shit all over it (got better thing to do.). Just read through some of the game threads for AI projects (ignore HTML stuff.) and you'll get a bit of an idea of what to expect. But as everything currently stands? Daz > AI, and it's not particularly close, especially when you consider that Patreon and Steam aren't allowing it. There goes a solid three quarters of any profit you'll make. Just something to consider.
I had no clue those platforms didnt allow it. Probably for the best, for sure. Ill just mess around with Ai for fun then and continue with DAZ. And you make some other good points I had not considered too. Thanks man.

Reactions: MissFortune