VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Torrid Affairs [v0.01] [NoesisAndNoema]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.01 Demo...

This is a short introduction demo, with no actual choices to be made... It apparently is also a remake...

The visuals of the characters are decent, although some of the characters do not look like they are adults... The backdrops look unique...

The script is pretty good, as I barely saw any spelling/grammar errors... The plot (what little there is for the moment) revolves around a male protagonist who leaves home at age 17 to join the Army... He does something stupid and is kicked out, but for some reason is placed back with his foster parents under house arrest...

Which is weird, because if he was prosecuted by the Military then he wouldn't be under house arrest back with his family... That's not how the Code of Military Justice normally works... If he was charged with a crime while in the military, and found guilty, there are 2 things that would happen... Either he would be confined to quarters (the military version of house arrest) ON BASE (or on ship if it's the Navy) somewhere... And be required to check in with a duty NCO all the time... If he was actually dishonorably discharged from the military for a crime he was found guilty of, that usually involves Federal Prison... House Arrest is a civilian criminal system tool, not a military one... So the immersion is blown out of the water, for anyone who's ever served in the real military or knows how it really works...

Now, it is possible for him to just be dishonorably discharged and thrown out of the military with no criminal charges... But that would never involve house arrest, unless he was then subsequently charged with a civilian crime once no longer in the military...

So, beyond that baloney, the introduction then introduces a few foreign exchange students who are also staying with the family (and here we see another hit on the immersion)... Since the story is playing out that they are using the Foreign Exchange Program to supplement income, how is that possible? No Foreign Exchange Program in the US for host families receives any financial compensation, by Law... They are allowed a $50.00 per month Tax Deduction, but that isn't really income... Plus, due to the family stability issues between the husband, wife, and adopted son, the home is not really a secure and safe environment, which is another Requirement for being a Host... Again, more immersion out the door...

Anyhow, pretty much from there it is determined that the protagonist is a pervert, who plans to have various torrid affairs with the women around him... There are no choices to be made for the moment, as it is a short introduction to the main game... And based on what the developer mentions during this intro, it sounds like this will be a possible grind based game... The mechanics are not in place yet, but that is how it sounds...

Overall, the visuals are decent, and the text tells the story pretty well, but the story details fall into the fantastical realm... No basis in reality at all, as though they didn't do their homework before designing the over all premise of the story... For us ex-military folks living in the US, who know how the foreign exchange student program really works, a lot of what is going on in this backstory is hard to swallow...

Beyond that mess, it sounds like this will be your typical corruption/seduction story that is attempting to get around the Family Sex stuff by creating a non-blood relation family environment for the affairs to take place in... It does look like there is potential for some story twists, since one student has some crime family ties, and the husband seems to be very angry dude who is possibly doing some very underhanded things... We'll have to wait and see how it plays out, as this is just a brief introduction demo, for now... Will I revisit it? Maybe, if not just to see how the game play mechanics are constructed and play out, so I can do a review update...