HTML Totally a Spy! [v0.1] [LunaWasTaken]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

LunaWasTakenToo

Apr 24, 2023
banner.png

Overview:
In a somewhat-familiar near-future sci-fi universe, you take on the role of the best of a very
select few individuals, agents of the "Office of Alliance Territorial Intelligence and Security".
In fact, some would go as far as to call you a living legend.

So when you get tasked with an infiltration mission, you don't even bat an eye; after all,
there's no criminal who could ever hope to defeat you – whether by outsmarting you,
or beating you. Though, what if your enemies knew that you are, like, totally a spy
and didn't plan on "fighting" you by conventional means?​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-26
Release Date: 2023-04-26
Developer: LunaWasTaken -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

Preview01.png Preview02.png Preview03.png

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not much here, yet. Writing is good, and most of the images are well-chosen, but there are no meaningful choices and the closest it gets to sexy is latex fetish. It's a re-imagining of Female Agent to the extent of being jargon and acronym heayy, bit it's not a ripoff or spoof of that game.

Could be good, but probably not worth the time right now except for people who want to see the dev's world building.

Reactions: Beggarman

Oregon1898

Dec 22, 2017
Decent start to a game, but so far it's just a prologue. If this receives regular updates, it could become one of the better games. The entire female agent going undercover thing is so cliché at this point, but all the games that try to do it seem to fizzle out. It would be great to have a successful implementation of the idea.

Also be warned: The game's video clips come with audio.

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
You take on the role of the best of a very select few individuals, agents of the "Office of Alliance Territorial Intelligence and Security".
In fact, some would go as far as to call you a living legend.
Dude: "Remember, if we find him dead, we're selling his space suit online." lol

Preview01.jpg
THX for sharing...

Last edited:

LunaWasTakenToo

Apr 24, 2023
Not much here, yet. Writing is good, and most of the images are well-chosen, but there are no meaningful choices and the closest it gets to sexy is latex fetish. It's a re-imagining of Female Agent to the extent of being jargon and acronym heayy, bit it's not a ripoff or spoof of that game.

Could be good, but probably not worth the time right now except for people who want to see the dev's world building.
Very valid! I made this partly because I wanted to see how far I could take very simple Snowman 2 with pure JS+CSS, and, let's be honest, Female Agent is probably the golden standard quality-wise. Most of the jargon is pretty pointless as far the story goes, but it's quite fun to write - especially some of the more punny acronyms, even if they go unused.

As for the lack of meaningful choices - I'm still a bit on the fence on how many "meaningful" choices there should be, actually! I think the sort of "text flavour choices" that don't affect the story branching should be fairly abundant (not to the point of oversaturation, of course), but as for actually branching the story? If I had to choose between creating a "true" CYOA story of a lower quality or creating a simpler story that's of a higher quality, I would personally choose the latter. We'll see!

Apologies for using your reply to digress a bit, by the way! (´。• ᵕ •。`)

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
My advice, Luna, is the same as the advice I gave Crush: give us the story, even if there are no meaningful choices, start to finish. Then, go back and add in story branches as the muse moves you. If you've followed the game Caliross, this is pretty much what that dev did (he had a lot of puzzles from the start, because he loves making puzzles, but the story branches were added after the game's main arc was finished. The current version is something like 0.9999 because he's gotten so many new story ideas since hitting what he thought was 0.9. The advantage of this is that you discover pretty early on what mechanics are working and what mechanics are not, and only have to fix a single branch before moving on.

Reactions: Funklord
Jun 30, 2017
Wow that was a very promising start. It's along the same lines as something like Female Agent but I honestly think there may be more potential here. I like the premise that the place you're going to infiltrate already knows you're a spy so that should get the corruption elements going quickly and I did enjoy all of the bondage stuff in the prologue.
Writing is pretty good too, I didn't notice any errors that stood out, which is always important for these types of games. Will definitely be following this one.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Not sure what to make of this one at this stage; I'm not a fan of F. Protag. games that are about her being fucked by a bunch of dudes, which most seem to be. But the scenes of her getting wrapped up and tied to a vibrator for weeks are hot as hell. If it's about her being broken like that, it should be worth playing.

mizuno_j

Feb 15, 2020
The very first draft was named "Female Agent: Taimanin edition™"
Just curious, ever played Lost in Laminate? That might spur on some creativity. And yeah, right now, work on the story, then add branches as you see fit. That said, as another latex and bondage aficionado, nice to see what's in it so far (i recognize mdollbot and Reflective Desire).

Reactions: L7Bear

Lady Alexa

Oct 21, 2022
It is really good, as short as it is.

Technically, I could blame this game with the same defect most kinetic games have: they is no keyboard link navigation. With games where there are mostly one link to click, it should be possible to advance with a key (at least all following keys should work to follow the link: space, enter, right arrow, '1'). In the rare cases where there are multiple choices, they should be numbered and the corresponding number should activate the link. HiEv has written generic code to do that for Sugarcube ( ). I don't know if this could work for Snowman, but I am sure that it can be adapted.
Keyboard navigation is really great to have.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Interesting, well written.
Early on it's a bit heavy on the alt-text jokes (explaining what something means, then making a 4th wall breaking joke about it.)
It's a bit slow on pulling the reader into the story/character, but once it gets there... damn, this looks really good.

I like that you took inspiration from Female Agent (which was one of my all time favorites until it got chopped up and the choices stopped making any difference. I still enjoy reading the updates, but it's moved from "Fucking Excellent" to "Noteworthy.")

I second the suggestion for "Lost in Laminate", and add the suggestion of "Celeste Blake – The Evindium Affair" for additional inspiration.

I would also suggest "Fight Club Reborn", but the author(s) of that tried to make a massive overhaul that screwed everything up before they abandoned it for good. I'm not sure which version F95 has links for (or if those links are any good anymore.)

Sadly, "Lost in Laminate", "Celeste Blake...", and "Fight Club Reborn" are all abandoned games. I'm hoping you can find more success than they did.

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes