Others Abandoned Tower Of Bound Fox [v0.2.5] [Tartos]

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
cropped-TOWER.png

Overview:
Hello everybody ! I've been working on a game lately, and I'm happy to share it now that I have a demo. It's a little different from what we usually see here, but I hope you will like it ! It's still in its very beginnings, but I think there are enough content to share what's done. Tower of the bound fox is a rogue-like game with multiple inspirations like Corruption of Champion or Trap quest. It's also inspired by Azure Dream, an old PS1 game I love. For the most important/long scenes I have commissioned writers since my english is not so good, but for the small scenes (mainly the traps), I've written them myself, so do not hesitate to tell me if some sentences are weird or incorrect.​

Updated: 2018/01/12
Developer/Publisher: - -
Censorship:No
Version:0.2.5
Language:English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download: - - -
npc_aidan-768x479.png village-768x431.png ombre-768x542.png

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
I can't work out how to get the key configuration menu to work properly. Whatever key I try to change just turns to 'Zoom' (my keyboard doesn't have a Zoom key).
Also, what's D1, D2, etc.?

Rattatta

Aug 1, 2017
I played for about 20 minutes and enjoyed it.

It's tough, as it should. I'm also a fan of Azure Dream.

I hope the creator will include lots of H. Nothing to fap to but text for now. The game itself is pretty fun though, I recommend people to try for that reason.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Had my interst at rogue like, got me cautious at trap, female protagonist tag, and transformation tag. Hope its like CC like you said I would love a good roguelike adult game as long as I don't find myself getting forced into being a shemale or female against my will. More of the dominant male PC player myself and these days seem like a lot of the neat stuff coming up minus the VN style are all catered to traps, mtf, or just female protagonist only. Miss the good old days of dungeon crawlers where I was a male banging away the females and monsters, with out having to lose to do it.

Here is hoping I can do lust damage with out cross dressing if I can stick to male for good in it :p Still hoping DICK Debauchery in Celia Kingdom got my notes about wanting to be a dominate or suave aristocratic male who seduces/dominates not beats women. So far that is the only one I played that has promise for me to go all 50 shades of grey on the females asses, and do lust damage with out needing to cross dress in heals, and corset to get bonuses to lust damage lol.

I mean come on I get it with men but seducing a women shouldn't require me to have tits, and dress in drag, in real life I know quite a few who get turned on quite well by a man who dominates them sexually, hell the biggest control freak I know in real life is the submissive type in the bedroom, has to have the pants with finances and household stuff, but freely admits she wants to be ravaged and dominated in the bedroom. I mean if that wasn't a real thing 50 shades of grey wouldn't been a best seller lol.

Reactions: openbar22

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
>Inspired by Azure Dream
Okay, I'm playing this.
Also, if you have no idea what that is, go watch AGermanSpy's full Let'sPlay of the game on Youtube.

Nomopo13

Jul 24, 2017
Wonderful design concept and great controls!

Two of my favorite games combines with a bit of an RPG concept. Wonderful overall!

Tartos

Dec 5, 2017
Hello everybody!

I'm the creator of the game, and I'm glad you like it.

I kindly remind you there a patreon if you want to support the game. It'll help to pay the writers, and to commission more art for the game.

I can't work out how to get the key configuration menu to work properly. Whatever key I try to change just turns to 'Zoom' (my keyboard doesn't have a Zoom key).

Also, what's D1, D2, etc.?
Weird, never heard of that problem before.

D1, D2, … are the decimal keys.

I played for about 20 minutes and enjoyed it.

It's tough, as it should. I'm also a fan of Azure Dream.

I hope the creator will include lots of H. Nothing to fap to but text for now. The game itself is pretty fun though, I recommend people to try for that reason.
I would love to add more texts, improve and add more graphics. Unfortunately, it's possible with my budget now, since I need to commission the writers + the artist for the NPC screen (+ the character viewer in the future).

Had my interst at rogue like, got me cautious at trap, female protagonist tag, and transformation tag. Hope its like CC like you said I would love a good roguelike adult game as long as I don't find myself getting forced into being a shemale or female against my will. More of the dominant male PC player myself and these days seem like a lot of the neat stuff coming up minus the VN style are all catered to traps, mtf, or just female protagonist only. Miss the good old days of dungeon crawlers where I was a male banging away the females and monsters, with out having to lose to do it.

Here is hoping I can do lust damage with out cross dressing if I can stick to male for good in it
Still hoping DICK Debauchery in Celia Kingdom got my notes about wanting to be a dominate or suave aristocratic male who seduces/dominates not beats women. So far that is the only one I played that has promise for me to go all 50 shades of grey on the females asses, and do lust damage with out needing to cross dress in heals, and corset to get bonuses to lust damage lol.

I mean come on I get it with men but seducing a women shouldn't require me to have tits, and dress in drag, in real life I know quite a few who get turned on quite well by a man who dominates them sexually, hell the biggest control freak I know in real life is the submissive type in the bedroom, has to have the pants with finances and household stuff, but freely admits she wants to be ravaged and dominated in the bedroom. I mean if that wasn't a real thing 50 shades of grey wouldn't been a best seller lol.
TG is fully customizable, you can have full TG (man->woman), partial (feminization) or no TG at all.

the artwork does not load for me.
Strange, can you tell me more about your configuration?

Maximeme

Aug 20, 2017
Hey, anyone have a save where they've beaten the 9th floor boss? No matter what I try I just can't seem to win...

KiWolfGirl

Jun 13, 2018
I know this project is dead and the topic isn't updated in a while, but I'm going to list a bunch of information and thoughts here because there isn't much to be found on this thread.

First off
Is there any femdom or something related to femdom in the game? XD
There are thief enemies once you start hitting floor 5/6 who are female, I believe they have femdom content if you lose to them. The goblin spear wielders are female according to the patch notes but I never lost to one.

Some Content
So for anyone else wondering about what kind of stuff you will find or how the game works.
It's called Tower of the Bound Fox and the game art has a picture of a fox approaching the tower but don't expect any furry stuff, you don't play as the fox. Maybe there is one or there was planned to be one later in the game but I haven't seen it yet.

Here are the enemies I have seen and I think this is all of them.
Goblin
Goblin Shaman
Naga
Chest Mimic
Thief
Goblin Spear-Wielder
Boss - Golem

All of them but mimic & thief can TF you with special moves. Pretty sure GSW can't but I haven't lost to her.
Losing to thief gives permanent stat penalties, I think.

I disabled gender-changing (I usually play Flexible Survival with gender lock anyway), and the body part TF works a lot like FS/CoC. Body parts change as you get hit by the attacks. It affects your gameplay in ways like having your legs replaced with a snake tail means you can't wear pants anymore (but you can still wear shoes o_O), and if you fully TF into another race, you get a race trait. Human gets 10% more XP, Naga gets something like +accuracy and +perception but -dex, IIRC.

Gameplay
Gameplay and combat is like old Ys or some other old RPGs where you walk into enemies to attack them. It's turn-based sort of, so all enemies will wait until you make your and they will make theirs at the same time. It's simple and seems to work but there are some downsides. You end up running into the wall a lot to lead enemies towards you so you can get the first hit because there isn't a wait button. It's not a big deal but I always think that it's not so good when you have to figure out exploits to use as normal game mechanics. Maybe I missed something or something was planned to be added, idk.

You have arrows & a spell to use for ranged combat. You hold the button down and you can aim in 4 cardinal directions. I didn't see a way to cancel if you hold and don't want to shoot. I tried a ranged build first and then just pumped everything into strength for next run. Strength seems to be the way to go since you run out of magic & arrows pretty quickly and merchants are hella expensive. You have to rely on luck to restock arrows, scrolls, and potions mostly.

Level Design and Frustrating things to look out for
The floors are generated randomly based on prefabs of rooms which you quickly begin to recognize. The really annoying thing IMO is every time you start a floor, whether you are loading the game you saved, respawning, you start with a completely fresh level. This makes it even more frustrating by several factors.
1. Every floor has roughly 8 billion traps randomly laid out. If your perception is good, you get icons for them. The icons are confusing because there's also 8 billion different trap icons and I'm not sure if they correlate to how bad the traps are. Sometimes the traps are in spots where you have no choice but to walk on them due to random placement.

Some of them aren't bad, but some of them are game-ruining. You can hit a trap that applies one of various bondage items that is incredibly debilitating. Handcuffs restrict you to one handed items, no bows, no shields, no 2h weapons. Blindfold lowers your perception by 90% so you're sure to hit all the other traps. Other gear lowers your stats but isn't so bad. Ballgag makes it so you can't cast spells or drink any potions. Because combat is so tit for tat, you can only survive by continually restocking potions. There is a heal skill you can unlock, but it uses mana which still needs potions to restore, and leveling takes so long, I never got a chance to unlock it (I maxed out at Level 6). So ballgag is basically a restart if you don't have a Scroll of Release, which is very expensive and only works on one random gear.

2. Selling at the merchant seems to have 50% chance to crash your game. It might be consistent that every time I tried to sell twice at the same trader, it crashed, but idk. This is the worst when the trader is by the floor exit, you basically have to choose between going to the next floor or chancing using the merchant and possibly having to do the whole floor over again.

3. When you hit Esc to get the menu for saving/options/etc, make sure you always hit Esc again to go back to the game. Esc doesn't back out of the save menu though, you have to highlight "back" and hit Enter. This kept making me think I couldn't hit Esc again to get back into the game and then the next menu items are another "Back" and an "Exit". Because almost every game I can think of in my life either says "Resume" or hitting "Back" goes back to the main menu or something similar, I kept hitting "Exit" to exit the menu, but that exits the game with no confirm prompt, and then you're doing the level over again. I'm pretty stupid but I wouldn't keep accidentally hitting that if it wasn't so common in other games to be the option to exit a menu, not the game. All other games say "Quit game" or at least "exit game" and have confirm prompts.

So be very careful about those because the game is very interesting and has some nice mechanics, but those made it SO FRUSTRATING.

+18 Content
On the topic of the lewds, right now it's all text based. It all revolves around losing to enemies which results in FS/CoC style sex scenes. I think each enemy type only has one based on your gender. It tries to accommodate your body size with some dynamic programming but its buggy or WIP in a lot of places, so sometimes it ends up saying something like "wrapped around your green." but then doesn't tell you green what. The writing is okay, there are some typos and repeated words, but not bad. It's pretty standard "enemy has its way with you and you start to like it but pass out" type stuff, but its pretty substantial, every scene I saw so far has a good number of paragraphs.

Other stuff
When you hit floor 10, you fight a boss. He has some annoying mechanics but was easy with the right stats on the second try. Charge is a very important ability since enemies follow you like ducklings except for shaman. It is a powerful attack that knocks enemies back and does even more damage if they hit a wall but also gives you time to shoot arrows and save health. After you beat the boss, you are sent to a room with 3 symbols on the floor and a staircase. None of this is labeled and it tells you nothing about what they do, but once you interact with one of them, you can't go back until later.
The staircase takes you back to town, which I didn't even know existed until 2 hours in. No real point in going back since they have bad equipment, you can't get a discount like with the dungeon merchant, and everything there is WIP. There's an inn to rest but at 100G, it's WAY too expensive.
The three symbols look like one of the 9000 trap icons, but they are actually warps. One is blue, the others are white and can't be walked on. They seem to represent every 10th floor, so taking the blue one sends you to floor 11. I guess the others would be 21 and 31, but I don't think the game ever got that far. Every time I hit floor 15, I get sent back to this warp room and then have to go back to 11. IDK if I'm doing something wrong but I bet it's just as far as it got before abandon.

So a lot of the things that really frustrate me are things that could have some simple fixes and I think with more artwork mixed into the game, it could have been something really interesting, but I needed to write all that stuff here despite it being abandoned just so others have an idea of what to expect.

Also I still don't know what "decimal keys" are, but I just rebound all the action keys to ASDZXC like Mugen.

Reactions: cd124