Mod Ren'Py Town of Magic: More Celica, Less Grinding Mod [0.69.002][Deimus]

PELLZY

Feb 28, 2018
Im getting this error when trying to open the game 'parsing the script failed.
File "game/renpy_events_evie.rpy, line 2580: captions and say menuitems may not exist in the same menu.
"what do i say?"'
how do i fix this?

Arby

Jul 23, 2017
File "game/renpy_events_evie.rpy, line 2580: captions and say menuitems may not exist in the same menu.
"what do i say?"'
how do i fix this?
While I am no coder, nor modder, I would assume it has to do with the mod not being updated to the new version yet

Reactions: masMalkar

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
The patch has been updated for use with 0.66.011 (tagging raminka12 and Hisu in particular; let me know if things still don't work). I did my normal brief testing and nothing exploded. I also made a new game, skipped the intro, and did all the clicking I needed to win my first fight and nothing exploded there either. But, as always, let me know if there are any problems.

"what do i say?"'
how do i fix this?
You don't want to fully unRen the game, just the rpa files. Sorry, I should have been more explicit in the installation instructions since fully unrenning the game is what caused me to have so many problems when I first tried to adapt the mod for v0.66.x (it worked fine in previous versions). I thought I had included a warning about that, but it looks like I didn't. I'll update the installation instructions right now.

PELLZY

Feb 28, 2018
The patch has been updated for use with 0.66.011 (tagging raminka12 and Hisu in particular; let me know if things still don't work). I did my normal brief testing and nothing exploded. I also made a new game, skipped the intro, and did all the clicking I needed to win my first fight and nothing exploded there either. But, as always, let me know if there are any problems.

You don't want to fully unRen the game, just the rpa files. Sorry, I should have been more explicit in the installation instructions since fully unrenning the game is what caused me to have so many problems when I first tried to adapt the mod for v0.66.x (it worked fine in previous versions). I thought I had included a warning about that, but it looks like I didn't. I'll update the installation instructions right now.
Now im having a problem trying to load my save. It says my save belongs to a later version of the game

Hisu

Dec 28, 2017
Similar for me, i have done now same as with version 0.66.06a and close to all Savefiles i cant load. it direktly jump to the main screen if i press "load".

"lucky" i was able to load one of the auto saves.. and 2 of very old save files also working.. but out of 17 only 2 save files vom version 0.66.6a are working after upload the mod (w/o mode nothing works)

Last edited:

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
You guys know u gotta use the same version mod, for the same version game, and you can't use saves made with newer versions for older ones.

If u used the previous mismatched version, you'll have issues that are regrettably your own fault.

This is true for most mods, plugins and extensions for most things. Very few are universal.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
PELLZY and Hisu The dev's changelogs are mostly useless so I had a glance through the game's main thread (since I don't have access to the discord): The inability to load saves from version 0.66.006 is a known bug in the main game. Some people have had success by loading the autosave instead of any hardsave they made, though the dev's solution was to just include a full save from v0.65.x. I've attached my own save from v0.65.x to save y'all a bit of digging. Saves from v0.64.x seem to load fine in 0.66.011 too.

Invalid-user#22

Mar 2, 2022
View attachment 2219053

Overview:
Mainly adds the ability to wear only underwear or go nude, increases battle rewards by 50%, and increases the chance of silver and gold chests appearing.​

Updated: 07 Dec 2022
Game/Creator: Town of Magic /
Modder: fantasmic
Mod Version: 0.65.004b
Game Version: 0.65.004
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Additional Notes:

Change-Log:

Download: As of 0.66, it's attached to this post​
possible to have a nude mod? I kinda like the grinding

Reactions: nerogaf

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
If you read the whole 'thread', (it's only three pages), you'll get some answers why there isn't a basic "nude" mode .
The author of this Mod, ran into some problems, after the Dev of the Game, (this mod is for), made some changes in how the clothing works .

I was mainly interested in being able to have the MC, "Go-Commando", from the start of the game !
The Dev of the game, (not-the-Mod), added some new clothing, that does just that, but it's fairly late in the game .

I also, would have liked 'her' nipples to have been 'poking-through' her tops :love:.
( But, that would have needed some graphical changes to how the character was initially drawn, from the start). :(

Before the clothing up-date, there was a 'few' choices as to how, 'exposed', the MC could be .
I think there was a way to keep the grind, (NOT 100% sure about that though) . . . again, before the changes .

All-in-All, this mod is still very welcome, to many of us !:cool::love:

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
You can delete a few files from the mod if all you want is nudity. First, install it as normal. Next, go into Town of Magic's [Game] folder and delete files based on your desired output:
initialize_variables_enemies.rpy -> enemies will give the normal amount of rewards
location.rpy + procedures.rpy -> chest rarity restored to normal

Even if you enjoy the grind, I still recommend keeping the improved chest rarity since the base game has requires you to grind an area long after reaching max level for that area if you want all the rare chests. It's a little less bad now since there is the Mithril Treasure Finder, but I still feel the player shouldn't need to revisit areas later just to improve their chances of finding the magic thread they need.

Reactions: Highland_Hunter

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Mr.Ving I don't think a video tutorial is really needed since mod installation follows the common system of: decrypt game, delete original, apply patch. I can provide trouble-shooting if you need help.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
fantasmic

Hello, How have you been ?

Just Curious ;

Since the "Free Public Release of Version 0.66.014", has/was released .
To that version have been added : " New Cloth Set Added (Added to v0.66.014) " . . .
(Information taken from Deimus's Patreon Progress Report page )

Will your Mod need be up-dated ? (and maybe need to wait, till Patreon Build is available on F95Z ?)
or,
Will the Mod, still work, with that added content, as was intended to ?

Just Asking :unsure: . . . Don't intend to "put fire under you" for an update . :rolleyes:

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Highland_Hunter The mod changes the clothing list, so it won't work with 0.66.014. I'm not going to update the mod for that version since everyone just plays the Patreon version. The new Patreon build was just released, but I'll give it a few days to get all the worst bugs fixed first (there have already been two bugfix releases).

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
The mod has been updated for version 0.67.003. I added braless and commando. I checked on underwear-only, but it's still bugged.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
why its impossible open the console? common.rpy file dont work? i changed in 'true'
The console has always been locked down. It would be best to check the main thread for a solution.

when did you add commando and braless? was is recently or a while ago?
It was added in the most recent patch, as listed in the change-log... and the post two above yours. Like the nude options, it's not truly commando/braless (there's still an invisible, strippable layer) but it works well enough and I wouldn't want to attempt anything more involved until we reach final release and can be sure Deimus isn't going to add it in himself.

hamburg22lol

Jul 19, 2023
Because you seem to be the only mod maker for town of magic, could I make a request maybe? Can you add violet as herself as an alternate clothing or something. I feel like you could also just reskin the latex suit variant and just regular violet if its easier. It would also be cool if when wearing just violet she acts like Nel and she covers your face and she just takes your body and grinds for you. Sorry if this is pushy I just thought of it and I thought it would be cool.