Mod Ren'Py Town of Magic: More Celica, Less Grinding Mod [0.69.002][Deimus]

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
The patch has been updated for 0.69.002. Make sure you're using an up-to-date copy of Unren-forall or else Town of Magic will break when you decompile it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MrSweetCherry

May 30, 2021
It doesnt work for me... I do everything I have to (I believe) but when I start the game (and it starts normally, I can start game (load game or start a new one and skip intro) there is no option to go nude or with underwear... I dont know what I am doing wrong

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
MrSweetCherry
If using an existing save, you may need to go to sleep before the new options appear.
In a new save, you need to unlock the [Appearance] tab before you can change clothes, which means playing long enough to unlock the tailor.
Note that there isn't actually an underwear-only option in current iterations of the mod.

MrSweetCherry

May 30, 2021
MrSweetCherry
If using an existing save, you may need to go to sleep before the new options appear.
In a new save, you need to unlock the [Appearance] tab before you can change clothes, which means playing long enough to unlock the tailor.
Note that there isn't actually an underwear-only option in current iterations of the mod.
oh I need to unlock the tailor first xD okay now it makes sense. Thanks mate ^^

Luc_Emrys

Mar 13, 2019
Hi I deleted all .rpy files from the game folder and when I try to run the game I get this
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 284, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Town_of_Magic-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Town_of_Magic-win\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Town_of_Magic-win\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Town_of_Magic-win\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 284, in script
python:
File "D:\Town_of_Magic-win\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707

Tue May 7 02:43:18 2024

Did I do something wrong or what am I doing wrong?

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Luc_Emrys
Delete that folder, extract a fresh copy of the game, and extract the rpa files using UnRen-forall v9.4 (be sure to let UnRen delete them when prompted). I've only tested with UnRen-forall, so I'm not sure if other decompilers work.

I ran into similar problems while using an old version of UnRen, so you really do need the up-to-date copy. For whatever reason, the game seems to remember when it failed to launch and will continue to fail to launch even if you remove the offending files, so I recommend just extracting a fresh copy of the game. There's probably some specific file you could delete/replace, but tossing the whole folder is just easier.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
JD9356 You can install the mod at any time. You need to get to the tailor in order to unlock the [Appearance] menu and change/remove clothes so new saves won't have that part immediately, but the rest of the mod (battle rewards and chest appearance rates) will always work.

JD9356

May 9, 2023
JD9356 You can install the mod at any time. You need to get to the tailor in order to unlock the [Appearance] menu and change/remove clothes so new saves won't have that part immediately, but the rest of the mod (battle rewards and chest appearance rates) will always work.
I got it to work apparently I downloaded the wrong version of ToM lol