RPGM [Translation Request] [ギャルブレイブ~ギャルビッチが異世界で魔王にさらわれた親友を救うついでに世界も平和にしちゃう!?~] [Starlit Sky] [RJ326654]

Elvengador

Dec 22, 2019
Wow I did not know that someone has opened a request for Gal Brave, it really is a great game, I completed it more than 1 month ago, taking out at least all its cgs and final scenes. That is if I had to use tools like the Textractor (at first I thought to use the classic automatic translator or Translate++, but I saw that the Textractor was much faster in terms of translation and it was at least for me more comfortable to play). I was able to complete at least the endings and the cgs events, I thought it wouldn't work for me but it really turned out better than I expected and I was able to understand the story in its entirety with Textractor (very entertaining and exciting at least in my opinion). Something that also made it easy for me to complete it was that the game itself is very linear and therefore getting lost or stuck at some point is very, very unlikely to happen to you.
Anyway, hopefully one day this game will be translated and in this way have the perfect excuse to replay it all again, since I really loved this game.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Elvengador If you're fine with (more) mtl then I'm hoping to have mine finished by the end of the week (anniversary of the game's original release!). It's fully functional and mostly done, but I still have to finish hand-editing the scripts and descriptions of choices, then do some testing to make sure I didn't break anything while trying to make it better.

As someone who's working with the game, I wouldn't put money on it getting a real translation :cry:. There's a lot of dialogue (a significant portion of which is just small-talk with npcs) and free translation tools don't 100% work with this game, so a fan translation doesn't look promising. While the game is easily the dev's most popular, it doesn't have the kind of numbers to attract a paid translation team and "slutty female protagonist" games are oddly unpopular in the Western market.

But there's still hope! The dev is working on a (tentatively titled Gal Mama Brave) which is due out next spring. If it's popular enough it may get translated and even generate interest in Gal Brave getting it's own translation. Sure, it's an outside chance, but a man can dream.

Reactions: TNTed

Elvengador

Dec 22, 2019
Elvengador If you're fine with (more) mtl then I'm hoping to have mine finished by the end of the week (anniversary of the game's original release!). It's fully functional and mostly done, but I still have to finish hand-editing the scripts and descriptions of choices, then do some testing to make sure I didn't break anything while trying to make it better.

As someone who's working with the game, I wouldn't put money on it getting a real translation :cry:. There's a lot of dialogue (a significant portion of which is just small-talk with npcs) and free translation tools don't 100% work with this game, so a fan translation doesn't look promising. While the game is easily the dev's most popular, it doesn't have the kind of numbers to attract a paid translation team and "slutty female protagonist" games are oddly unpopular in the Western market.

But there's still hope! The dev is working on a (tentatively titled Gal Mama Brave) which is due out next spring. If it's popular enough it may get translated and even generate interest in Gal Brave getting it's own translation. Sure, it's an outside chance, but a man can dream.
First of all, thank you very much for the information, I had no idea that a sequel was being worked on, I am really excited to know this :D, the truth is that I did not see a sequel reliable; but now that I know I'm looking forward to this new release much more!

About your mtl I will play it with pleasure when it comes out, the truth is that as long as you can understand some of the dialogues and the description of the dungeons, I will be more than satisfied. By the way what I couldn't complete and I don't think I'll do until a well-done English translation comes out are the missions because if you remember for the missions they remain on the screen when you agree to help an npc, and this means that in my case with the Textractor this same mission text will be mixed with that of some npc that interacted making it very difficult to complete missions, as for what were the cgs events, dialogues and difficulty despite being in Japan so it was very linear I could complete it. An anecdote was that in Lilia's penultimate dungeon, almost reaching her for her fight, I got a good scare, since I saw that one of her riddles was that in that same room on some walls there were some letters or written kenjis, that to solve the riddle you had to put together a word of 4 kenjis according to the 4 scriptures of the room, I thought: "Oh my God, this is as far as it goes :/" luckily when failing 3 times Ayame herself gets angry and breaks the riddle thus making it possible to advance (ufff good luck lol). But if hopefully there is a good translation very soon, I will look forward to it.

By the way, thank you again for informing me of this sequel, the truth is I had no idea nor had I known that there would be a sequel, so I really thank you very much for informing me, and yes, lol, almost 1 year since the launch of the game :0 I really hope this game becomes famous and many people know it in order to collaborate in a well-done translation of it.

Finally to end my comment, I would like to ask you a favor and that is if you could as soon as the sequel comes out, could you please upload it here in F95zone? Right now I don't have enough money to buy the game :( , and so in this way you would help many other people to be interested in the game.

Well I'll wait for your mtl and I'll try it to see how it goes, so thanks again and I'll wait for your response to my comment ^-^