• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [Translation Request] [Kowaku no Toki] [VJ006032] [TinkerBell]

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
This file contains heur.advml.b and backdoor.trojan. Norton flags these to be malicious. Would they actually cause harm to the computer?

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
This file contains heur.advml.b and backdoor.trojan. Norton flags these to be malicious. Would they actually cause harm to the computer?
The file is probably packed(obfuscated) with SVK Protector and that can cause problems with antivirus.
And i don't have that much knowledge to unpack and analyze it manually so it can cause harm but i don't know if it causing it.
I think it's best to delete it or block it in antivirus.

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
The file is probably packed(obfuscated) with SVK Protector and that can cause problems with antivirus.
And i don't have that much knowledge to unpack and analyze it manually so it can cause harm but i don't know if it causing it.
I think it's best to delete it or block it in antivirus.
I guess I'll just wait until an official translation is released for this game. I predict it will get translated by JAST USA just like Shin'yaku In'youchuu which was also made by Tinkerbell. In any case, I just hope these suspicious files are removed. The visual novel seems interesting, but I don't want my computer to be at risk.

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
I guess I'll just wait until an official translation is released for this game. I predict it will get translated by JAST USA just like Shin'yaku In'youchuu which was also made by Tinkerbell. In any case, I just hope these suspicious files are removed. The visual novel seems interesting, but I don't want my computer to be at risk.
You can always buy the game.

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
Okay, so I managed to exclude Norton scans from reg.exe and it doesn't seem that I got any viruses. I've followed all the steps you listed and thankfully I was able to open the game. However when I try to start playing the game, it immediately crashes. Any ideas on why that's the case?

I also deleted the reg.exe file and I can still open the game, but it still crashes right after I start playing.

Last edited:

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
Okay, so I managed to exclude Norton scans from reg.exe and it doesn't seem that I got any viruses. I've followed all the steps you listed and thankfully I was able to open the game. However when I try to start playing the game, it immediately crashes. Any ideas on why that's the case?

I also deleted the reg.exe file and I can still open the game, but it still crashes right after I start playing.
Not sure it might be due to wrong system locale or antivirus or missing game files or compatibility issues.
I can give you save file (from the beggining so you could check if it works that way)

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
Not sure it might be due to wrong system locale or antivirus or missing game files or compatibility issues.
I can give you save file (from the beggining so you could check if it works that way)
Sure, I don't see why not. I'm using Windows 10 by the way.

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
Actually never mind. I was able to play the game without it crashing. All I had to do was use Locale Emulator and the game is working like a charm. Its kind of odd though because I used Locale Emulator earlier and it didn't work before but now it does. Kind of weird but I'm happy that I can finally play it. What a great way to end 2022.

Thank you for spreading the love of visual novels my guy! ;)

なるみ

Apr 8, 2020
Actually never mind. I was able to play the game without it crashing. All I had to do was use Locale Emulator and the game is working like a charm. Its kind of odd though because I used Locale Emulator earlier and it didn't work before but now it does. Kind of weird but I'm happy that I can finally play it. What a great way to end 2022.

Thank you for spreading the love of visual novels my guy! ;)
(y)

Cryptic_MGTOW

Apr 4, 2020
Kowaku no Toki Gameplay:
Kowaku no Toki OST:

MarsAbove765

Jul 9, 2023
Anyone got a fix for the missing reg.exe file error after install? Tried deleting it, replaced .exe too, installed it with reg file on a different drive, and still giving me errors. I don't want to risk installing it on D drive since it's giving me trojan warnings.