RPGM None [Translation Request] Mesugaki-chan wants to understand (メスガキちゃんはわからせたい)

Vanasixc

Jul 14, 2022
RJ437071_img_main (1).png

Overview:
She is Saki, a female brat who works hard as a daddy on the street today.
She sucks a stinky cock, but she's offended that she doesn't get paid enough to go home.​

Game: Mesugaki-chan wants to understand
Creator
:
Language: Japanese

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download:
*File size is 752 Mb​
RJ437071_img_main (1).png

Reactions: SirPuddinlot

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
Now, the reason why I translated this game was mostly because I wanted to try using AI translation.
Slight spoiler, it was a disappointment.
But let's leave that aside for now. I will rant in the next post.

I translated the game using GPT-4 and edited the output. I think it turned out quite good actually.
Only tested for a while, about 20 minutes, and faced no problems. But if you find any game-breaking bug please report it here and I will try to fix it.

Link:

lusciousboy01

Nov 15, 2017
So, in this post I will rant about my grievances with ChatGPT while translating this game.

As you all know, LLM based systems can somewhat understand context and provide much better results compared to standard translation softwares.
So, after getting the chance to use GPT-4 for a few days, I suddenly had the bright idea to use it to translate a random game.
I just needed to extract the text in a format ChatGPT could accept and fix any mistakes I saw in the output.
Simple, right?
WRONG!
It's not simple at all!
Why?
For a few reasons:

1 -> AI "Moral" Lock.
What does this mean?
In simple terms, all of these LLM-based chatbots come with certain limitations imposed by their developers. They will refuse any input that includes violence, harassment, indecency, etc.
This means they simply won't translate adult works because they are designed not to.
You can somewhat convince GPT-based chatbots, but LaMDA and Claude will refuse to have anything to do with this.
And even if you have convinced GPT to translate the text for you, it can still refuse your next input.
As if that wasn't bad enough, it can sometimes stop in the middle of the text and refuse to translate the remaining portion.

2 -> Text Format.
As I mentioned earlier, you need to extract the text from the game in a format ChatGPT can accept.
But sometimes ChatGPT will remove the symbols used to indicate scripts or special characters within the text.
It's still manageable when it decides to remove all of them; you can easily notice the problem and fix it.
But sometimes it will remove just one crucial symbol, and you'll have many problems if you don't notice.

3 -> AI Hallucination.
My last and biggest problem with this whole process.
AI fucking HALLUCINATES!!!
What does this mean?

Simply put, let's say you have a short story.
In this story, two old friends coincidentally meet after years and decide to enter a restaurant to sit and talk. One of them mentions how good this place does steaks, then mentions they even have alcohol. They talk for a few hours in the restaurant, exchange their new contact numbers, and part ways.

Now, you have translated this text to another language using AI.
In the translated story, two old friends coincidentally meet after years and decide to enter a restaurant to sit and talk. One of them mentions how good this place does steaks, then continues to explain that the secret of this taste is a well-protected secret of the restaurant. Then he mentions some theories about the restaurant's special recipe. They talk for a while, and the other friend decides to go on a long journey to rediscover himself.

Do you see what I mean?
If you don't know some Japanese or don't use another tool to check the translation, you can present your players with an entirely different story. I have some basic (very basic) level Japanese, which wasn't enough to discover this problem, and I had to completely discard a lot of effort.
I then learned my lesson and used several different tools simultaneously to catch and fix these hallucinations.
In the end, I think I did a decent job with this game. But I refuse to do this whole thing again until AI research progresses significantly more.

Last edited:

dankmemer2493

May 6, 2019
So, in this post I will rant about my grievances with ChatGPT while translating this game.

As you all know, LLM based systems can somewhat understand context and provide much better results compared to standard translation softwares.
So, after getting the chance to use GPT-4 for a few days, I suddenly had the bright idea to use it to translate a random game.
I just needed to extract the text in a format ChatGPT could accept and fix any mistakes I saw in the output.
Simple, right?
WRONG!
It's not simple at all!
Why?
For a few reasons:

1 -> AI "Moral" Lock.
What does this mean?
In simple terms, all of these LLM-based chatbots come with certain limitations imposed by their developers. They will refuse any input that includes violence, harassment, indecency, etc.
This means they simply won't translate adult works because they are designed not to.
You can somewhat convince GPT-based chatbots, but LaMDA and Claude will refuse to have anything to do with this.
And even if you have convinced GPT to translate the text for you, it can still refuse your next input.
As if that wasn't bad enough, it can sometimes stop in the middle of the text and refuse to translate the remaining portion.

2 -> Text Format.
As I mentioned earlier, you need to extract the text from the game in a format ChatGPT can accept.
But sometimes ChatGPT will remove the symbols used to indicate scripts or special characters within the text.
It's still manageable when it decides to remove all of them; you can easily notice the problem and fix it.
But sometimes it will remove just one crucial symbol, and you'll have many problems if you don't notice.

3 -> AI Hallucination.
My last and biggest problem with this whole process.
AI fucking HALLUCINATES!!!
What does this mean?

Simply put, let's say you have a short story.
In this story, two old friends coincidentally meet after years and decide to enter a restaurant to sit and talk. One of them mentions how good this place does steaks, then mentions they even have alcohol. They talk for a few hours in the restaurant, exchange their new contact numbers, and part ways.

Now, you have translated this text to another language using AI.
In the translated story, two old friends coincidentally meet after years and decide to enter a restaurant to sit and talk. One of them mentions how good this place does steaks, then continues to explain that the secret of this taste is a well-protected secret of the restaurant. Then he mentions some theories about the restaurant's special recipe. They talk for a while, and the other friend decides to go on a long journey to rediscover himself.

Do you see what I mean?
If you don't know some Japanese or don't use another tool to check the translation, you can present your players with an entirely different story. I have some basic (very basic) level Japanese, which wasn't enough to discover this problem, and I had to completely discard a lot of effort.
I then learned my lesson and used several different tools simultaneously to catch and fix these hallucinations.
In the end, I think I did a decent job with this game. But I refuse to do this whole thing again until AI research progresses significantly more.
You might be interested in this tool that is supposed to help ease integration RPGM with GPT translations:

https://f95zone.to/threads/dazedmtl...uality-mtl-translations-using-chatgpt.155635/

It's true LLMs have their weaknesses, but it's incredible nonetheless that we can get such high quality translations practically on demand!

Keiadrin16

Jul 7, 2021
Now, the reason why I translated this game was mostly because I wanted to try using AI translation.
Slight spoiler, it was a disappointment.
But let's leave that aside for now. I will rant in the next post.

I translated the game using GPT-4 and edited the output. I think it turned out quite good actually.
Only tested for a while, about 20 minutes, and faced no problems. But if you find any game-breaking bug please report it here and I will try to fix it.

Link:
Not exactly game breaking, but blowing the peeping tom and sleeping in the love hotel displays the text, but not the event. It does unlock the event in the recollections.

edit: nvm, tested it in the untranslated one in the op and it seems to be the same, at least for the peeping tom. TY for the translation.

Reactions: lusciousboy01