RPGM [Translation Request] Monster Fight v.1.01 (aburasobabiyori) RJ324547

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's a slightly edited DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for v1.01 including scripts.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
Floating map text not translated.
(I might translate that stuff in the future, but there's a lot of it and you cannot automate any of it.)

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018

Known issues:
(I might translate that stuff in the future, but there's a lot of it and you cannot automate any of it.)

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Thanks a lot :love:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018

Known issues:

Hi Hi, was wondering if the text could be a bit larger ? it seems a bit small and have to stare at screen to read it.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hi Hi, was wondering if the text could be a bit larger ? it seems a bit small and have to stare at screen to read it.
I use ultra condensed font to make sure things stay on screen, because the automation doesn't allow for normal word wrapping.
If I would just tell it to make a new line every 50 characters or something like that, it would most likely cut dialogue commands in half and break things. Doing manual word wrapping would massively increase the time it takes to make one of these and might not work for UI or menu sections.

But you can change the font to be a bit less condensed.

Just go to your "fonts" folder in "www" and drop in whatever font you want in ".ttf" format. (You can find a lot of free fonts on for example.)

Then open the "gamefont.css" with notepad (or Kate, or whatever you use to edit text) and fill in the name of your new font in this bit:

font-family: GameFont;
src: url("YourFontNameHere.ttf");

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
I use ultra condensed font to make sure things stay on screen, because the automation doesn't allow for normal word wrapping.
If I would just tell it to make a new line every 50 characters or something like that, it would most likely cut dialogue commands in half and break things. Doing manual word wrapping would massively increase the time it takes to make one of these and might not work for UI or menu sections.

But you can change the font to be a bit less condensed.

Just go to your "fonts" folder in "www" and drop in whatever font you want in ".ttf" format. (You can find a lot of free fonts on for example.)

Then open the "gamefont.css" with notepad (or Kate, or whatever you use to edit text) and fill in the name of your new font in this bit:

font-family: GameFont;
src: url("YourFontNameHere.ttf");
Great, thanks a lot for the suggestion. Tried using "Akshar-VariableFont_wght" and it seems to be small enough to not get cut off but big enough to read with having to stare at the screen.

Reactions: cannedrounin