RPGM Partial [Translation REQUEST] Natsumi and the Absurd Academy [1.0c] [StudioTsunnequze]

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Translation Progress Report 1

All the menus and UI text have been translated. This is the first game with a combat system I'm translating, so that was fun. The combat in this game is really minimal, so I'd say it was quite the good first step.

This is also the first game that has map names show in each location. That took a good bit of figuring out (turns out it was a comment in an event. Go figure). The way these names work is that they have to be a single word with no spaces, and also capital letters don't register for some reason. So the best I could do was go for a "first-second" naming convention. It still works out quite nicely, imo. It also bugs out from time to time when loading a save, but it gets fixed when you exit the location you're in.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In terms of content, I've finished translating the first day in its entirety, and now I'm playing through the game and looking for interactions and event chains to trigger. The cast of characters is really interesting and I'm having quite a bit of fun in slowly uncovering the story.

That's all I can think of right now. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

Simmyson42

Nov 21, 2020
Translation Progress Report 1

All the menus and UI text have been translated. This is the first game with a combat system I'm translating, so that was fun. The combat in this game is really minimal, so I'd say it was quite the good first step.

This is also the first game that has map names show in each location. That took a good bit of figuring out (turns out it was a comment in an event. Go figure). The way these names work is that they have to be a single word with no spaces, and also capital letters don't register for some reason. So the best I could do was go for a "first-second" naming convention. It still works out quite nicely, imo. It also bugs out from time to time when loading a save, but it gets fixed when you exit the location you're in.
In terms of content, I've finished translating the first day in its entirety, and now I'm playing through the game and looking for interactions and event chains to trigger. The cast of characters is really interesting and I'm having quite a bit of fun in slowly uncovering the story.

That's all I can think of right now. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.
Honestly this is already great progress, I'm half-surprised that you were able to put out a report so fast. Do you have an idea how long this game is all around days wise? Or rather the percentage of what you have already finished if you just did the combat and the first day? (If you don't know yet that's fine too, I just don't know how long this game is supposed to be at all).

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Honestly this is already great progress, I'm half-surprised that you were able to put out a report so fast. Do you have an idea how long this game is all around days wise? Or rather the percentage of what you have already finished if you just did the combat and the first day? (If you don't know yet that's fine too, I just don't know how long this game is supposed to be at all).
Thanks! The initial inertia of enthusiasm when starting a new project helped me come this far in such a short time. The good news is that all the work that's left is pretty much hunting for event chain triggers and then a process of copy-paste-tweak-test-tweak until I've translated all the content.

From what I've seen, this game doesn't have a forced time limit, unlike the previous StudioTsunequze games I've translated. I could be wrong, though. There also aren't a lot of forced events. You're free to decide which events to pursue or avoid, with some caveats. I currently have 8 out of 34 scenes in the game translated, so I guess you can use that to gauge my progress. Of course, there's also untranslated NPC and story dialogue left, not to mention translating all the UI and images. In any case, image translation is the last step before finishing the project, so it's too soon to be thinking about that.

Progress on the translation will slow down in the coming weeks due to some IRL stuff coming up. The pace will pick up again when I get more free time around the middle of August. I'll post the next update when there's a sizeable amount of work done since the previous one.

Last edited:

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Translation Progress Report 2

6 more events have been translated, putting the total at 14/34. In addition to that, 2 pinups (short scenes accessible from the Scene Recollection menu) have also been translated. The gallery in this game is really good, apart from events you can also view the character sprites and cut-ins used throughout that game.

More story was also translated, focusing on the Principal and the Student Council President. I also located a few bugs, which I've fixed. The second pinup was unable to be unlocked if you defeat Izumi at the pool for the first time, as the variable was turned on without actually awarding the recollection and using the active skill "Hamster" was also impossible due to the wrong Common Event being assigned.

I'll keep the updates coming. Peace out for now.

Simmyson42

Nov 21, 2020
Sounding great thus far. It's exciting to see how much is being uncovered bit by bit. The fact you already translated nearly half of the game events is astounding to me. As for the bugs you reported, does that mean those were also things unavaliable to even have in the original version if no one patched it out previously?

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Sounding great thus far. It's exciting to see how much is being uncovered bit by bit. The fact you already translated nearly half of the game events is astounding to me. As for the bugs you reported, does that mean those were also things unavaliable to even have in the original version if no one patched it out previously?
Thank you for the kind words! Based on my previous experience, the events in this game are a bit on the shorter side, which makes them easier to translate and has them not overstay their welcome with filler moans and gasps. There's also actual animation, so that's pretty cool.

The game has received two bug fixes since it's release, so I'd assume anything I find has been fixed in the latest version. As I use whatever is available on file sharing sites (I do try to search for versions), most of the time the version I'm translating isn't the official latest one. This could mean that the game I release is missing some small amount of content, like an extra scene or two added in an update or bug fixes, but for the most part I don't think it affects the end experience that much, as I can usually fix the bugs I encounter during playtesting.