RPGM [Translation request] Paiotsu Break [Megrim]

regenlord

Aug 13, 2021
Hello,

Can you translate this game please?

Latest version is 1.2
Genre: Wrestler/Fighter

Found this game dl link, have to check it is good.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Succubus Hunter

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's a slightly edited DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for v120 including scripts. (For the version provided in the OP)

Known issues:
Floating map text not translated. (That would take ages.)

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the DMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Changelog:
1.0 raw google
1.1 DeepL remake
1.2 changed combat scripts
1.3 General cleanup, improved word wrapping, fixed skill events
1.4 Fixed enemy skill events

Last edited:
Reactions: TEmpo98918812

regenlord

Aug 13, 2021
Here's a MTL for v120. (The one provided in the OP)

Installation:
To extract and play the game you might need to set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
Before you can apply the MTL you need to extract and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
You can do this using the rpgmaker "All Decrypter". I will add a version as attachment.
Just run the "RPG Maker Decrypter.exe" and choose the "Game.rgss3a". Then move the newly created folders from the "Extract" folder to your game folder and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
Start the game once to confirm this step worked correctly before merging my MTL into it.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Thanks a lot of the translation

Brololol

Oct 19, 2017
Here's a MTL for v120. (The one provided in the OP)

Installation:
To extract and play the game you might need to set your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
Before you can apply the MTL you need to extract and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
You can do this using the rpgmaker "All Decrypter". I will add a version as attachment.
Just run the "RPG Maker Decrypter.exe" and choose the "Game.rgss3a". Then move the newly created folders from the "Extract" folder to your game folder and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
Start the game once to confirm this step worked correctly before merging my MTL into it.

how is the translation here? I mean, I prefer a mtl to partial japanese. because one translated version I got has like most of menus in japanese and half of the text so there are times where I don't know what to do next, what the option will do or what item that is.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
how is the translation here? I mean, I prefer a mtl to partial japanese. because one translated version I got has like most of menus in japanese and half of the text so there are times where I don't know what to do next, what the option will do or what item that is.
That is just a low effort raw Google-Translate MTL, basically the same as using the MTool autotranslator.
It's kinda obsolete at this point.

Brololol

Oct 19, 2017
Anyone knows where mayor is located? I locked at 45 reputation and it wont grow because i need to do major quest. but i have zero idea where to search for it

Brololol

Oct 19, 2017
That is just a low effort raw Google-Translate MTL, basically the same as using the MTool autotranslator.
It's kinda obsolete at this point.
anywa this raw mtl is doing a little better job that one translation I found on internet. As that translation I had have charachter names translated and some initial charachters dialogue, while menus and most other dialogues are in japanese. At least with this mtl I can read what that red japanese text meant and get a rough idea what to do next, even tho sometimes text is not fitting in textboxes. But what do you mean about obsolete? Is there some better translation somewhere?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
anywa this raw mtl is doing a little better job that one translation I found on internet. As that translation I had have charachter names translated and some initial charachters dialogue, while menus and most other dialogues are in japanese. At least with this mtl I can read what that red japanese text meant and get a rough idea what to do next, even tho sometimes text is not fitting in textboxes. But what do you mean about obsolete? Is there some better translation somewhere?
There is a Tool called MTool that fully automates Google-Translate based MTL's.
It's not better, but it takes away the need of creating traditional google based MTL's like that one.

If you specifically request it, I could revisit this and make a DeepL based translation according to my current standards.
(That would probably take several days though, because this game isn't short.)

Brololol

Oct 19, 2017
honestly it would be nice to have some adequate MTL of the game. Because it is quite objective demanding in its quests (like go there talk with this guy, then obtain the item from other guy and go to that guy stuff. Where you can trade the item for reputation from another character if you don't know better, and reset the quest. Which I did, tbh, and so was stuck for few hours not knowing how should I progress that quest)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
honestly it would be nice to have some adequate MTL of the game. Because it is quite objective demanding in its quests (like go there talk with this guy, then obtain the item from other guy and go to that guy stuff. Where you can trade the item for reputation from another character if you don't know better, and reset the quest. Which I did, tbh, and so was stuck for few hours not knowing how should I progress that quest)
This game is a lot shorter than I remember (but it's been over 6 months since I looked at this).
Finished remaking the MTL to be less bad, there might still be some annoying repeating sentences, (that's what DeepL does) but overall it should convey what's going on better:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-paiotsu-break-megrim.91453/post-6393048

Reactions: Brololol

Ryuki_time

May 10, 2020
Here's a slightly edited DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for v120 including scripts. (For the version provided in the OP)

Known issues:

Installation:

Changelog:
1.0 raw google
1.1 DeepL remake
Can you share a version where the MTL is already applied? Because I'm pretty sure most of us have no idea how to follow these procedures

IsaacClarke94

Apr 12, 2021
Hello guys, I found a perfect little program to be able to devote myself to the step-by-step translation to translate every single line of text in the game but I can't do it alone. And as proof I decided to take care of Paiotsu Break which has always complained about a lack of complete translation. The results were really heartening but the texts to be done are over 6000 and even if I find and replace the same texts, it is still a very long job. If there are people like me who care to play it, let me know that I would like to organize a small group of translators, it is not necessary to be an expert in Japanese, just use the google translator and in the end, if it costs nothing, you can also review, if there are native English speakers (I am Italian and I do not have a perfect knowledge of the English language).

To do this, practically, we will use the online program "Save Editor" and just paste the "Data" and download the txt file. to work on it. We could split up clips and keep up to date by communicating to us via Discord or any communication app you see fit.

For now I will proceed alone, but if you want to join, I would be really happy and you just need to write me here, on this forum.

IsaacClarke94

Apr 12, 2021
I had finished translating the dialogue lines from Japanese to English of the quest and the character of Camilla but when I try to apply it to the data of the old file through the translator of the save editor, it gives me an error, what can I do?
Do I continue with the translation and then maybe someone good at programming will fix it for me?

IsaacClarke94

Apr 12, 2021
For now I'll stop here, if you want to use this txt file with the translation done by me, in a very amateur way, you can do it but I warn you that, while I was translating, I deleted a \ N1, which would be the name of the protagonist (a variable in short) and therefore should be checked again. If you manage to fix it, reply to my message and I will proceed with the translation from the correct file.

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

TEmpo98918812

Sep 2, 2019

Known issues:

Installation:

Changelog:
1.0 raw google
1.1 DeepL remake
Hello everyone,
I've been playing with the game in original language and Shisaye's 1.1 MTL. Testing playing both in the MTL patched and original version, in the original there are ryona pictures during combat when executing moves (such as the one-two) which when playing with the MTL never happen. I've also tested messing with the options in the manual by Mahiro (which include adding or removing the pictures), but no matter the state of the option the pictures do not appear.
Anyone can reproduce, or is it just me?